Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

"Fahrenheit 9/11" DEBUNKED!!!!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

"Fahrenheit 9/11" DEBUNKED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-04, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by al_bundy
And what evidence is there that the bin laden family are in any way connected to osama except through family ties? Clinton has a brother who is a druggie and a scamster, but it doesn't make him one.
Wow, missing the point entirely and managing to drag Clinton into a discussion that has nothing to do with him. Good job.

The question isn't whether they had anything to do with it, in fact they more than likely didn't. But whether they could have provided any information about Osama that would have helped the U.S. in finding him or knowing more about his activities. Even if it was a long shot, when thousands of people have just been murdered by their relative you don't think it's an angle worth checking out?
Old 05-08-04, 03:30 PM

>>And what evidence is there that the bin laden family are in any way connected to osama except through family ties? >Clinton has a brother who is a druggie and a scamster, but it doesn't make him one.
Old 05-08-04, 06:21 PM

this whole thread is just an excuse to open up a huge can of opinionated partisan BS, who cares, as if this thread is going to change your opinion of bush or moore, someone should lock this pointless thread up
Old 05-08-04, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Neeb
[B]>>And what evidence is there that the bin laden family are in any way connected to osama except through family ties? >Clinton has a brother who is a druggie and a scamster, but it doesn't make him one.
Old 05-08-04, 07:23 PM
Banned

Originally posted by purplechoe
Yes, because the guy doesn't lick the asses of liberals or conservatives. If you actually watch his show, you will realize that the guy is one of the most non partisan anchors on TV. Even the Republicans were calling him a trader because he was being very critical of Rumsfeld.

No truth gets in the way of liberal agenda. It almost seems like a new religion to me, they try to scare people with nothing to back up their claims. I know I used to be a dumb liberal, but I have grown. I used to be a conspiracy theory guy myself, till I realized just how nutty and partisan these guys were. Thery are definitely not interested in the truth, just to promote their agenda.

PS. I jumped off of the liberal band wagon not because I liked what the conservative movement had to offer, but because I was ashamed of what most of my liberal friends stood for.
Same here. I was a Democrat prior to 9/11. Despised Bush prior to 9/11. Thought he was a bumbling idiot and all that. Blamed Jeb Bush for helping him win Florida. But something happened during the aftermath of 9/11. Bush became the leader we needed, and the Democrats became the partison "point the finger" hacks immediately there-after. The pile of twisted metal of the WTC was still smoldering and out comes prominent Democrats lead by none other than Hillary Clinton by screaming, "What did he know, and when did he know it?"

It was then that I realized that the Democratic Party that I once held the same beliefs as, had changed. No longer did they [seem] to want what was best for America in a time of crisis, they [seemed] to want to immediately blame America for getting attacked. When there were little or no anti-war rallies during the 1999 Kosovo campaign, but some even for the Afghanistan War, I knew that the far-left had hi-jacked the Democratic Party.

But I must admit that was a socially conservative Democrat before hand anyway, so making the jump from the Democrat Party to the Republican Party was a fairly easy one.

Now as far as O'Reilly goes, yes, he is the most non-partisan anchor on TV. As liberal as I used to be, and as conservative as I am now, I can definately state that O'Reilly is an honest to God, Independent. Because I agree with him about only 60-70% of the time. One of his "agendas" that may give him somewhat of a pro-conservative viewpoint is that he is a staunch "traditionalist" as opposed to a "secularist". And this aspect is what allows me to agree with him on a more than 50% margin.

Let's put it this way, if I have a staunchly conservative Republican issue on my mind, I would be less likely to call O'Reilly's radio show on it rather than I would than say Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity.
Old 05-08-04, 07:25 PM
Banned

Originally posted by badger1997
Wow, missing the point entirely and managing to drag Clinton into a discussion that has nothing to do with him. Good job.

The question isn't whether they had anything to do with it, in fact they more than likely didn't. But whether they could have provided any information about Osama that would have helped the U.S. in finding him or knowing more about his activities. Even if it was a long shot, when thousands of people have just been murdered by their relative you don't think it's an angle worth checking out?
What evidence do YOU have that that's not exactly what the FBI/CIA did before they cleared them to go back to the Kingdom.
Old 05-09-04, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Mike Lowrey
What evidence do YOU have that that's not exactly what the FBI/CIA did before they cleared them to go back to the Kingdom.
From what I've read of what happened, they didn't have the time to. It would take at least a couple rounds of lengthy questioning to find out exactly what they knew and what they didn't. And they were out of the country before that had a chance to happen.

And I have to ask you then, what evidence do you have that it did happen?
Old 05-09-04, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

You guys are killing me.
Old 05-09-04, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally posted by Scot1458
People actually take this shit seriously? I suppose the same knot heads who believe we never went to the moon either.

Lot of nut jobs out there, Moore is king though.
Actually, sport, the litany of purported facts on page 1 of the link is not shit, and if, after knowing some of those things, you don't at least want to have some questions asked and addressed, then I suggest you are a sheep.
The remainder of the linked material is supposition extrapolated from the facts.

Now, if you question whether or not they are indeed facts, which is fair and smart if you employ your skepticism equally, then the only solution for you is to be globally omnipresent and witness everything firsthand.
Old 05-10-04, 08:06 AM

Originally posted by purplechoe
This just poped into my head. Can you tell who the conservative consiracy theory guys are, since it's the same thing just reverse Lib/ Con?
There are many out there right now. Sean Hannity is easily the most outrageous of them, but Rush Limbaugh and Laura Ingram come close.

They are all over. All you have to do is listen.