Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Dark Blue World

Old 05-03-04, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dark Blue World

I have some questions about that movie...

Spoiler ON:

Spoiler:
At the end Franta turn off his engine and crashes in the ocean. Why did he do that??

At the very ending of the movie, you se the guard sleeping, and Franta walk to a window (like a church). Then you see 2 planes talking to eachother.. why is that?

Spoiler OFF:

Thx if you can help me with that

Last edited by Wolfsflames; 05-04-04 at 02:14 AM.
Old 05-03-04, 10:09 AM

Ow sorry, that its wrong here
Old 05-03-04, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Originally posted by Wolfsflames
Ow sorry, that its wrong here
If you're talking about the tags... use [.spoiler] [./spoiler] Just take out the periods, of course.
Old 05-04-04, 02:14 AM

Ok thx
Old 05-04-04, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Dark Blue World

I have some questions about that movie...

Spoiler ON:

Spoiler:
At the end Franta turn off his engine and crashes in the ocean. Why did he do that??

At the very ending of the movie, you se the guard sleeping, and Franta walk to a window (like a church). Then you see 2 planes talking to eachother.. why is that?

Spoiler OFF:

Thx if you can help me with that
In regards to your first question:
Spoiler:
Do you mean Franta or Karel? Franta parachutes into the ocean first. I don't think he switched off his engine but he did parachute out of his plane because he tells the squadron leader that he is having engine trouble and the engine was about to quit on him. If you mean Karel, then I'm not entirely certain. He was inflating the life raft to drop to Franta when his plane crashes into the ocean. I think when Karel crashes it was simply an accident. But maybe there was more to it.

In regards to your second question:
Spoiler:
With the guard sleeping, the prisoners (Franta included) had a small bit of freedom. When Franta is standing below the stained glass window with the sun shining down upon him through some broken panes, he closes his eyes and has sort of a spiritual reminiscence to his days in the sky with Karel. Franta is drawing some strength from the spirit of Karel. I think the dialogue was something to the effect of Karel saying to Franta that I am right here with you as always.

Good movie (though I wish they had focused more on the action (
Spoiler:
in the prison camp too
) than the romance).
Old 05-04-04, 12:38 PM

Ooooww really really kind of you to reply

Spoiler:
but do you think it was a engine failure that it stopped? Bezause Franta was so cool about it (like it happens every time he step on a plane, if you know wht i mean)

And about the romance.. hmm im not sure but it stick well together now

Sorryf or my poor english
Old 05-04-04, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Spoiler:
but do you think it was a engine failure that it stopped? Bezause Franta was so cool about it (like it happens every time he step on a plane, if you know wht i mean)

Spoiler:
I'm sure it was an engine failure. Franta tells the squadron leader the same before he bails out. Yeah, he was pretty cool about it, but remember that he was a seasoned pilot. I'm guessing that the possibility of parachuting out of your plane would be rather expected by a pilot during war time. You either jump or you die, simple as that. Plus a parachute jump is probably no big deal when compared to the fact that most of the time they were getting shot at.

By the way, your English is fine. Certainly, no need to make apologies for it - especially to an American - since most of us only speak one language. Though I do know enough Spanish to get me through a cowboy movie.

And.............welcome to the forum!
Old 05-05-04, 02:23 AM

Heeh thx, i loved the movie, but now i know this its a very very good movie, one of my favorites.

But it's a shame that a little group of people see, or even know this exelent movie...

thx you apreciate my english <--- something like that
Old 05-05-04, 08:56 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
For those Washingtonians who would like to see this on the big screen tonight at the Czech embassy (May 5th) (Me! ):

http://www.mzv.cz/washington/embassy.../eventemb_dark
Old 05-05-04, 09:55 AM

Woow that's very cool!!

But FLIXTIME i got one question.

Spoiler:
When Karel had shot at Franta (not for real but...) You see after that a little black and white movie over how it really happend. But got those planes videocamera's on board?
Old 05-05-04, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

But FLIXTIME i got one question.

Spoiler:
When Karel had shot at Franta (not for real but...) You see after that a little black and white movie over how it really happend. But got those planes videocamera's on board?
Actually, I don't really think we need to continue using spoiler protection for this film but I'll do so anyway.

Spoiler:
Yes, the planes had cameras on board. Though I'm not sure how commonplace this was during WWII, there does seems to be a wealth of documentary footage from WWII so I'm assuming it was not out of the ordinary at all. I do recall seeing a lot of documentary footage from bomber planes where you get a view from the bomb bay doors as they show the bombs raining down on targets below. I also remember watching a few shows on the History Channel which focused on the role of Hollywood and the like during WWII. Directors such as John Ford (December 7th) and John Huston (Battle of San Pietro) even contributed to the war effort in this way. So, yeah, I'd guess cameras on planes - and on the battlefield - were pretty common for reconnaissance, analysis, and similar reasons.
Old 05-05-04, 10:40 AM

Ow yes thx

Are you a Dark Blue World fan also by the way?

I love this movie so much, and thanks for helping me out!

Can i have your email adres for MSN, or don't you have MSN. I like to talk about the movie. Or when you got other good movies in you head for me, we can discus them
Old 05-06-04, 07:27 AM

Ow yes al little one for Flixtime

Spoiler:
When Franta is shot down and after his his friend Karel is also in the water (dead) the you see a empty ocean, and after or before that you see franta lay down in a bed with susan next to him holding his hand... is that because franta came out of the water and stayed there for get back health? Or is it a thought?

This is maybe a though one for you. but i tried to explain it good

THx in forward :P