Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

NEW Spiderman Trailer to be shown during the Apprentice....

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

NEW Spiderman Trailer to be shown during the Apprentice....

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-04, 04:57 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Funny cause spiderman WAS a saturday morning cartoon. Why are these people bitching about it? Especially YOU quigon, or did you forget How Star Wars Looked?
I dont remember Obi Wan spinning around Coruscant like in a stupid cartoon...or Anakin crawling up a building on retarded looking metal tenticales...Sony Imageworks sucks balls...they cant create jackshit that actually looks realistic...they create crap...and crap this is! Why they never went to ILM is beyond me...it might actually look good...

Or maybe its just because I cant stand the Spiderman character...god is he a whiny little bitch!
Old 04-10-04, 05:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What I do remember is Anakin falling down traffic in coruscant, Obi wan being dragged around on a spy drone, A Beyond cartoon looking dinner cook, A battle arena that looked beyond cartoonish and a cartoon character going "messa this" and "Messa that". You have no legs to stand on this issue. Star Wars is the staple of what a Saturday morning cartoon looks like, and for a reason, it's what it is. Just like spiderman. It may be real actors. And even though they aren't infront of a blue screen 90% of the film, it's still a comic book, saturday morning cartoon.

Not being able to stand a whiny little bitch character named spiderman is a clear indication that you shouldn't be posting in this thread. Then again, I'm sure you'll be happy to talk about another whinny little bitch of a character named anakin and his talentless Hack of an actor who delivers lines about sand being to harsh.... Riiiiiiiight?
Old 04-10-04, 05:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Looks like Bruce Campbell this time around will be play..... Snooty Usher

Hmmmmm
Old 04-10-04, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by QuiGonJosh
I dont remember Obi Wan spinning around Coruscant like in a stupid cartoon...or Anakin crawling up a building on retarded looking metal tenticales...Sony Imageworks sucks balls...they cant create jackshit that actually looks realistic...they create crap...and crap this is! Why they never went to ILM is beyond me...it might actually look good...

Or maybe its just because I cant stand the Spiderman character...god is he a whiny little bitch!
Remember that scene? Wasn't that Yoda doing all the spinning during this? And as for whiny little bitches...

Exhibit A

But all this SW v SM stuff aside...Didn't care much for the Green Goblin Power Ranger in the first flick, but this new one looks MAD cool. I still don't care much for Kirsten, but Doc Ock looks very good.
Old 04-10-04, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow, simply amazing. Can't wait to see it. Looks way better than the first film.
Old 04-10-04, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the
Please remember to wash your hands.

Not being able to stand a whiny little bitch character named spiderman is a clear indication that you shouldn't be posting in this thread.
Thanks for the
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 04-10-04, 07:11 PM
Banned

glad I could provide a laugh...

Spiderman sucks!
Old 04-10-04, 11:08 PM

ILM makes mistakes also. weren't they behind the look of the scorpion king in mummy returns, that was the worst cgi ever. looked like nintendo 8 bit graphics. not all special effects studios are flawless.
Old 04-10-04, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Oh man, Rocks face on the scorpion had to be one of the worse CGI effects I have ever seen.
Old 04-10-04, 11:22 PM

it was freakin hilarious. ILM must of spent a whole 2 hours on that and charged universal 2mil.
Old 04-11-04, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

glad I could provide a laugh...

Spiderman sucks!
Hey Mr. Jedi...one word...GUNGANS!!!

At least Raimi can make a decent file with a story...

nuff' said
Old 04-11-04, 01:03 PM
Banned

Raimi is a good when making good movies...when making utter crap like Spiderman...he sucks...when making Evil Dead...Darkman...Simple Plan...the mans great!

All Spiderman was was a buncha cliches from the genre and scenes that didnt work one bit when edited together to try and form a movie...and lets not forget the shoddy FX work...
Old 04-11-04, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Raimi is a good when making good movies...when making utter crap like Spiderman...he sucks...when making Evil Dead...Darkman...Simple Plan...the mans great!

All Spiderman was was a buncha cliches from the genre and scenes that didnt work one bit when edited together to try and form a movie...and lets not forget the shoddy FX work...
You know what, it's quite obvious you're a devout follower to the Lucas altar (probably Jackson's too) and anything we say here won't change your mind, just the same way that any bashing you do ON A FILM YOU HAVEN'T SEEN (and which you'll probably claim you won't see, but be in line in costume on day 1) won't change the fact that the majority of us here think this looks awesome.
Old 04-11-04, 01:26 PM
Banned

I aint tryin to change anyones opinion...just showing that not everyone thinks that Spiderman is the best thing since sliced bread...

and no Im not a follower of Jackson's...
Old 04-11-04, 01:45 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Josh, I guess you're just too cool for those of us who like Spidey.

Do you spend your Sunday mornings walking into churches and telling everyone you can see that you think their God sucks, too?
Old 04-11-04, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
I aint tryin to change anyones opinion...just showing that not everyone thinks that Spiderman is the best thing since sliced bread...

and no Im not a follower of Jackson's...
If you don't like Spider-Man, then get out of here and quit threadcrapping! I have only done it once in the thread about The Apprentice, but I now regret it as I realize I have no right to bash what other people like in an area designated for them to speak of it.

In terms of shoddy FX work, that whole ending battle in AOTC looked like they had boosted it out of a PC Game intro. In all honesty, I too thought the first Spidey's CGI was shoddy on the TV spots. It wasn't until I saw the final product on the big screen that I saw they had mopped up many of the FX. Hulk was an interesting case. He looked pretty bad when shown at a distance, but his close-ups were quite impressive IMO.
Old 04-11-04, 06:26 PM

That Gungan battle front was like a cartoon. Nothing was remotely real! Same with the ending with AOTC.

The force is strong with this one

Last edited by Get Me Coffee; 04-11-04 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-12-04, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I now have this awesome thing saved for when I need an adrenaline rush.
Old 04-14-04, 01:35 PM

I also saved the trailer for quick, spider-man rushes! Spider-man 2 will rule. I loved the first movie, but spider-man need to be more spider-man. What I mean is, I wanted more action, more flips, more web slinging! I'm sure SM2 will live up to that.
Old 04-14-04, 06:05 PM
Banned

Originally posted by jough
Josh, I guess you're just too cool for those of us who like Spidey.

Do you spend your Sunday mornings walking into churches and telling everyone you can see that you think their God sucks, too?
Your stalking me arent you!
Old 04-15-04, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Get Me Coffee
I also saved the trailer for quick, spider-man rushes! Spider-man 2 will rule. I loved the first movie, but spider-man need to be more spider-man. What I mean is, I wanted more action, more flips, more web slinging! I'm sure SM2 will live up to that.

I think you might be disappointed with SM2. Raimi says he's going to reduce the action time for more character focused moments and claims that if he's wrong about thinking that's what people want it could jeopardize the sequel. However, the action sequences he does have are really good ones from what I understand. (See the latest issue of Premiere for where I found this info.)
Old 04-15-04, 08:57 AM

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
I think you might be disappointed with SM2. Raimi says he's going to reduce the action time for more character focused moments and claims that if he's wrong about thinking that's what people want it could jeopardize the sequel. However, the action sequences he does have are really good ones from what I understand. (See the latest issue of Premiere for where I found this info.)
I don't mind if there is a balance between story and action. Story is the center point which needs to be strong. The action surrounds the story. I'm fine with less action. But from what the trailer showed it looks like the few action scenes will be super high octane. The train and clock tower look awesome.
Old 04-15-04, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts
Yes, because a man in a fullbody red outfit swinging around New York on Spider webs is suppose to look realisitic.
- Too funny
Old 04-15-04, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. DVD
Oh, man. That gets me more excited. Sounds like he's going to build it up slowly to a huge climactic ending.

Thumbs-up to not having forced action sequences just to speed up the pace. Hoping that's what he's going for...
Old 04-15-04, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

To me the CG looked terribly inept, very poorly done. Worse than the first film. Maybe it's because they are trying different styles of movement, I don't know.

To those who think the CG in the trailer is spot on and fan-freaking-tastic looking, let me just say more power to you. I wish I had your eyes.

However, the story looked great! I remember being frightened that I would be continually taken out of the first film by the SFX, but instead found myself riveted. Raimi has consistently proven himself to be a master storyteller, so I anticipate this to be the case again. Can't wait for June 30!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.