Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Scooby Doo 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-03, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scooby Doo 2 filming starts mid-April

Glad to hear that Sarah Michelle Gellar is doing something worthwhile after leaving Buffy ...

http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/ar...8882531,35625,

Scooby-Doo Sequel Officially Announced
Friday, March 28, 2003 2:15 CST

Freddie Prinze Jr., Sarah Michelle Gellar, Matthew Lillard and Linda Cardellini, stars of last summer's live action Scooby-Doo, will rejoin their canine co-star in a new mystery adventure set for release on March 26, 2004, it was announced today by Dan Fellman, President of Domestic Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.

Production begins April 14th on the sequel, which also reunites the original cast with Scooby-Doo director Raja Gosnell, screenwriter James Gunn and producers Charles Roven and Richard Suckle of Mosaic Media Group.

In their new mystery adventure, Scooby and the gang confront an anonymous masked villain who is plotting to take over the city of Coolsville by wreaking mayhem with a monster machine that creates Mystery Inc.'s classic foes like The Creeper, Captain Cutler and The 10,000 Volt Ghost.

The first film opened to $54.2 million nationwide in June of 2002. The film has grossed more than $153 million domestically and over $275 million worldwide to date.
Old 03-28-03, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do I have permission to or should I save it for something else?
Old 03-28-03, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I thought the entire cast hated the original, or did the words "ka ching, ka ching" come up.
Old 03-28-03, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i don't know if i should give this one a chance or not...i kind of liked the first one when i saw it in theatres, but when i watched it again i couldn't stand it..
Old 03-28-03, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I liked the first one. Hell it was even one of my fav. summer movies last year. Yea it was corny, yea it was kiddy, yea it had Freddie Prinze Jr and yea it was a simple movie. Even with all that I liked the film. It was pure fun and silly...easy watching.

So where I stand....I'm looking forward to Scooby Doo 2! Bring on Mystery Inc again!
Old 03-28-03, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO!
Old 03-28-03, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh im sure ill go see it
Old 03-28-03, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Good news!

Because it means one less movie to see and more money for my wallet. Thanks warner brothers!
Old 03-29-03, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

More room in the theater for my daughter and myself I guess. I thought the first one was funny and won't give a second thought to catching the second one the weekend it opens.
Old 03-29-03, 04:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, it's official. God is dead.
Old 03-30-03, 01:05 AM

ahhhh wonderful, the signs are all falling into place properly; once the sequels for Freddy Got Fingered and Corky Romano have been made the prophecy will be filled and the apocolypse shall be upon us.
Old 05-07-03, 01:02 AM
Banned

scooby rocks! If they just get some effects like the Matrix, you're looking at BIG box office receipts.
Old 05-07-03, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
This news should come as no surprise to anyone. Over $275 million worldwide? Please.
Old 05-07-03, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Access Hollywood has an onset report on tonights show... Looks decent.

MATT
Old 05-07-03, 10:17 PM

I'll go see it. Linda Cardellini as Velma was hot!
Old 05-08-03, 01:10 AM

Finally, a movie that I can't be waiting for.
Old 05-08-03, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
What! The physics of a giant talking dog are all off! I know if i saw Scooby on the street he wouldn't move like that! This movie is obviously going to suck!
Old 05-08-03, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
At least Pamela is back.
Old 05-08-03, 03:44 PM

Question: Is this sequel going to be called Scooby Too?
Old 05-08-03, 03:48 PM

Scooby Doo 2 filming starts mid-April

Isn't this one of the signs of the Apocalypse mentioned in the Bible?!
Old 09-30-03, 04:55 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Scooby-Doo II news (cast, cameos, american idols, story...)

I haven't seen the first one yet, but I saw this and I laughed and so I thought I'd share.

Scooby Snack #1: Is Rueben going to be in it?

Scooby Snack #2: What's the premise?

From Fangoria

The Monsters of SCOOBY-DOO 2: MONSTERS UNLEASHED

UNLEASHED, get it? Heh. FANGORIA spent some time hanging out on the Vancouver set of SCOOBY-DOO 2: MONSTERS UNLEASHED yesterday (Day 61 of 72)—gawking at the rather incredible and elaborate sets from returning production designer Bill (MONKEYBONE) Boes—and got a sneak peek at the Coolsonian Museum. This new building is opened up at the beginning of the movie by Patrick Wisely (Seth Green) to celebrate the careers of Mystery, Inc., a.k.a. Fred (Freddie Prinze, Jr.), Daphne (Sarah Michelle Gellar), Velma (Linda Cardellini), Shaggy (Matthew Lillard) and Scooby-Doo.

To fill out the museum, Wisely has put up the "costumes" of many of the men-in-masks-monsters the Scoobies (original Scoobies - not BUFFY-led Scoobies. Oh, wait—Sarah Michelle, Seth Green...oh, never mind) have captured through the years. We wandered around to the various stand-ups and saw a wide variety of well-researched and realized Scooby villains from the cartoon now in three-dimensional form. On the little bronze placards in front of each of the costumes were drawings of how they looked in the cartoon series as well as a short breakdown of how Mystery, Inc. busted the crook, the set-up that got them there and who the crook ended up being (basically, a three-paragraph breakdown of the episode the monster appeared in)...

(There is a list of monster published on the page.)
Scooby Snack #3: When? When? When?

Old 09-30-03, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I sure can't say I'll go rushing out when this comes to the theatre but I enjoyed the first one enough to buy the DVD.

Lillard IS Shaggy and that is final! The only other impression that comes as close was Rob Lowe on SNL. And boy do I wish I could find that clip on the net.
Old 09-30-03, 05:41 PM

I know I am in the minority for enjoying the first one, maybe it was just the scooby fan in me. I knew I was watching crap but I didn't mind. Oh well I think the novelty may have worn off but I will still catch this flick. The premise seems interesting... well for a scooby movie, plus Seth Green is the man
Old 09-30-03, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Alas, FPJ still thrives! A plague upon him!

Honk!
Old 09-30-03, 06:28 PM

Hey, I enjoyed the first one too. And March is a great month to release it...pickings are probably going to be slim that time of year. As long as it has the lighthearted fun of the last one, I'm there.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.