Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

New Garfield Trailer

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

New Garfield Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-04, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, considering Scooby-Doo 2 is #1 at the BO this week, this steaming pile will probably rake in about $250 million.
Old 03-28-04, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
"this movie sucks"
"this steaming pile"

I don't care how good you are, you can't review a movie before it's even finished or out yet... let alone before you see it. Oh, you can say - 'looks like crap', 'will probably suck', or even - 'I'll bet my live and eternal soul that this movie is going to be horrible'. You just can't say a movie is good or bad without having even seen it.
Old 03-28-04, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Trigger
"this movie sucks"
"this steaming pile"

I don't care how good you are, you can't review a movie before it's even finished or out yet... let alone before you see it. Oh, you can say - 'looks like crap', 'will probably suck', or even - 'I'll bet my live and eternal soul that this movie is going to be horrible'. You just can't say a movie is good or bad without having even seen it.
While I do think that it's important to keep an open mind about most movies, there are some safe bets as far as picking out "bad movies" is concerned, IMO. I'm not condemning Garfield entirely, but I do think the movie is going to be pretty bad.

First, the trailers just aren't funny. The other promo material out there is just as bad (all those horrible pun posters make me grimace).

Trigger--do you honestly believe Garfield is going to be a good movie?
Old 03-28-04, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I will not see this in theaters or on DVD unless my 4 yr old nephew does. Wish it had the animation Odie too.
Old 03-28-04, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Corvin
While I do think that it's important to keep an open mind about most movies, there are some safe bets as far as picking out "bad movies" is concerned, IMO. I'm not condemning Garfield entirely, but I do think the movie is going to be pretty bad.

First, the trailers just aren't funny. The other promo material out there is just as bad (all those horrible pun posters make me grimace).

Trigger--do you honestly believe Garfield is going to be a good movie?
I believe that I have not seen the movie and therefor cannot say whether the movie is or isn't good or bad. I cannot have an informed or educated opinion about it. This looks like it should appeal to those who liked the Scooby Doo film - a film that didn't appeal to me... so chances are, I'm not the target audience. Once again, it's pointless for me to comment on the quality of the film. Maybe it's for 8 year old kids (I'm not saying it is - I don't actually know) in which case, none of us should really be worried about it so much.

Here's the thing - I don't care if someone wants to say that a film looks like it'll probably suck or that it won't be something they would be interested in - people are entitled to their opinions and preconceptions about the material they have seen... but to actually say that the movie is crap without seeing it and before it comes out is just lame.
Old 03-28-04, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Trigger
Here's the thing - I don't care if someone wants to say that a film looks like it'll probably suck or that it won't be something they would be interested in - people are entitled to their opinions and preconceptions about the material they have seen... but to actually say that the movie is crap without seeing it and before it comes out is just lame.
True that. Very lame. I'd agree with that.
Old 03-29-04, 05:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

While I do agree that its lame to downright condemn something without seeing it (all you Gigli and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen haters know who you are) it is ok to say something just looks bad and wont command your money or attention when it hits theatres, excessive hating is another thing but I guess some people are more fans of certain material than others.

Last edited by harosa; 03-29-04 at 06:43 AM.
Old 03-29-04, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hey i actually watched an hour of League, before taking it out of dvd player before it infected it any further. I think i lost brain cells watching that one
Old 03-29-04, 10:20 AM

I'm gonna watch it because of Jennifer Love Hewitt

Old 04-24-04, 07:04 PM

sometimes I see a trailer for a movie and thinks it looks like crap.. sometimes it is and sometimes its not.. I was not expecting much from the punisher and Isaw that one.. liked it alot.. more so then both hellboy & DD.

perhaps if people have very low expections on the garfield movie.. they might like it. they were not expecting to like it.

the garfield movie will probably be popular with the kids. I think its more family friendly then both shrek 2 and harry potter 3.

JACOB
Old 04-24-04, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Better than the first trailer but no by much. The scenes when Garfield is actually acting lazy looks as if they almost got the essence of the character (almost) but then it goes downhill when they sho all these clips of him being manic and really.... active. It's as if they tried to make Garfield more like Odie and just turned Odie into a generic mutt. Bad choice. I'm not saying it's crap (I'm still hopping it'll suprise me) but my hopes aren't too high.
Old 04-24-04, 09:47 PM

he would be active in the tv series. he would dance and do other things.. and also be lazy in bed.

JACOB
Old 04-25-04, 03:02 AM

i'll see it. i'd see anything with garfield in it? if it said garfield the movie: do not see this, this is utter shit...i'd still see it. sucha fan. dvds coming ou in july
Old 04-25-04, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Originally posted by JACOB
he would be active in the tv series. he would dance and do other things.. and also be lazy in bed.

JACOB
True, but he seems a little too manic in trailers. The only times I ever remember him that way were in dream sequences. Then again, it's been a while since I last watched the show. I'll have to catch a few episodes on TV to be sure.

Still, I do hope this film is good.
Old 04-26-04, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'll be there cuz my GF loves all things Garfield.
Old 04-26-04, 02:54 PM

they play the old reruns on toondisney at 12 midnight PT on direct tv tuesday-saturday.

JACOB
Old 04-26-04, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

"With a tagline like 'it's all about ME-OW,' you can be guaranteed the cinematic equivalence of having your hand fed to a wood chipper when this mind-dump hits the screen."