Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Decide Micheal Bay's Future

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Decide Micheal Bay's Future.
Love ya, Keep on Directing!
39.36%
OK, you can direct one more, but it better be good!
27.66%
You wanna Direct Movies?! I wouldnt even let you in a theater!
5.32%
Here's your mop and Broom, now get to work!
27.66%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Decide Micheal Bay's Future

Old 03-25-04, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by troystiffler
Roland Emerich is the the generic version of Michael Bay.

Armageddon: Fun.
Independence Day: Insulting. Saw it when I was younger, and thought it was neat. Saw it the other day on FX, and it was just BAD.

The only thing that I don't like about watching Michael Bay movies is the painful editing. Not the shots, but the editing. Armageddon was the worst of the bunch. I really wish that he could hold a shot for longer than three seconds.
No way. Emmerich is the classier version of Bay. He has an amazing eye for visuals and doesn't ruin them with epileptic editing. Just excellent compositions. Bash Godzilla all you want, but there are several shots in there that are from a truly gifted eye.

Anyway, as for Bay, he's alright for dumb action flicks and I'm getting used to his editing style (even though it's now passe and you know in your heart that Bad Boys 2's freeway chase would've been even better with clearer editing).
Old 04-08-04, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 188 Likes on 126 Posts
Prob. the worst in the biz and one of the worst ever.

Talk about desperate - just look at his move with the TCM. He knows he sucks and he's trying to get out of his own shadow.
Old 04-09-04, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's my opinion that James Cameron could kick Michael Bay's ass any day of the week, when you compare these two commercial filmmakers....
Old 04-09-04, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Keep on makin em. Despite all the poo flinging about Bay's work around here, he makes fun action films. I even enjoyed the uber panned Pearl Harbor. There hasn't been a Michael Bay movie i've hated yet. Could he improve? Sure. But i still like what he's doing.
Old 04-09-04, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
I voted not let him into a theater. Say what you will about his style, there is not a single frame out of any of his movies that could not be duplicated in another movie with a different hack director and Jerry Bruckheimer as the producer.
Old 04-09-04, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just so you know, I wasn't trying to thread crap. Sorry to offend you as a fan. The Rock was very entertaining, and so was Bad Boys the first two times I saw it.
Old 04-09-04, 03:07 PM
Suspended

So far, I've loved all of his movies. I own all of em too except for bad boys 1 & 2, which I just never got around to buying.

Armageddon and The Rock are 2 of my favorite action movies ever. Pearl harbor would have been a lot better if they used the directors cut and also cut out the first hour and just made it an all action movie. But, it's still great. I also thought the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre was great too, even though he just produced it.