Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Dawn of the Dead end of credits? :SPOLIERS:

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Dawn of the Dead end of credits? :SPOLIERS:

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-04, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
Originally posted by Chip718
I can't believe I missed the end. Damn extra-large Pepsi. How many minutes is the ending sequence?
They run pretty much around 5 mins...give or take.

Just go see the movie again during a matinee and relive the fun
Old 03-21-04, 02:05 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by Chip718
In another thread Supermallet said "Here's hoping that if they remake Day of the Dead, they will do it based on Romero's original script (the one he couldn't do because of a funding dropout). In fact, they should just shoot the original Romero script. No need for a rewrite." Anyone know what the original plot was?
See this webpage for info on the original script as well as a copy of it for your reading pleasure. http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~vamp...y/original.htm

For those not inclined to go to the site, here's a copy of their summary:

Summary of the Original Script

The original script is an epic story and I would recommend that you spare an hour or two to read it. The story begins with a group of 4 survivors trying to locate boat fuel. They not only have to battle the living dead, but aggressive bandits as well. The group have a fatal encounter with a group of armed men who wanted to take control of their boat, and Sarah is the only survivor.

She eventually finds her way to an island in the Florida Keys. The island contains an underground military complex that is being utilised by a group of scientists and soldiers. They are all under the control of the insane governer of Florida who wants to take over the world by using an army of trained zombies. The original script does not contain the same level of science vs military theme of the revised script. Rather we see the scientists working in conjunction with the military to train the zombies.

This section of the script is incredibly interesting. The zombies are given a coloured top depending on their level of training. The white and blue coloured zombies have the least amount of training and are kept in isolation. There is a small group of zombies with red tops who are easily the most promising subjects. Bub is one of the red top zombies.

The soldiers and scientists are all issued with an orange vest and the zombies are trained not to attack or shoot someone who wears one. The zombies are trained in the use of firearms and unsuccessful attempts are also made to get the zombies to eat alligator meat.

Non-conforming humans have been placed in a crime-infested concentration camp - and are used by the soldiers as food for their zombie army. Sarah meets up with a few people from this camp - and they all attempt to devise an escape from the island using her boat. However there is another faction within the camp - led by the crazy Dr Logan - that intend to get revenge on their captors.

The story comes to a tremendous climax. As you can imagine, the poorly trained zombies are eventually released en masse throughout the complex - in the same manner as the film - and a gore fest results. When reading the script, it is easy to see how it could not be filmed on the reduced budget. I will not spoil the ending for you. Just go and read it!!!!

Last edited by Supermallet; 03-21-04 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-21-04, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that link you gave is good, however their link to the script is bad.

got another?
Old 03-21-04, 03:58 PM
Banned by request

Originally posted by Venom
that link you gave is good, however their link to the script is bad.

got another?
If you go to Homepage of the Dead: http://www.homepageofthedead.com/ and click on the "films" tab, and then choose Day of the Dead, you'll see a menu on the right side of the Day of the Dead page, one of which says "Original script." The reason I can't link it directly is because no matter where you are on the webpage, the address is just http://www.homepageofthedead.com/
Old 03-21-04, 03:59 PM

Does anyone know if the new Dawn of the Dead script is online?

Here is a link for theDay of the Dead script.

Edited for script link

Last edited by Chip718; 03-21-04 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-21-04, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Suprmallet
The reason I can't link it directly is because no matter where you are on the webpage, the address is just http://www.homepageofthedead.com/
However, the true link is visible at the bottom of your browser.

To download the script in Word format, go to http://www.homepageofthedead.com/fil...yofthedead.doc
Old 03-21-04, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
No thanks. viewed it twice and still didn't like it. the first five minutes of Dawn had tons more zombies then Resident evil ever did.

I'll watch RE2 though. But that is because it will have Jill in it.
I really didnt like Resident Evil at first, but ive watched it a few times since and have grown to like it. But i feel you, i hope RE2 turns out alot better and it has the same magic that RE2 game had, you know, capture that zombie sequel essence.
Old 03-21-04, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
here's a copy of their summary:
that's one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Romero wrote that?
Old 03-21-04, 05:37 PM
Banned by request

Originally posted by Trigger
No, he wrote the full script. He had nothing to do with the summary.
Old 03-21-04, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
heh... I just meant that the story sounds really dumb... but maybe somehow Romero made it work...
Old 03-21-04, 05:53 PM
Banned by request

heh... I just meant that the story sounds really dumb... but maybe somehow Romero made it work...
Well, of course, the summary has none of the suspense, none of the wit, none of the horror that the actual script has. So, of course it will be a pale substitute. Just give it a read, it's worth it, at least to know what Day of the Dead was going to be.
Old 03-21-04, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by BRIAN 1972
I for one hope they do another scrpit completely and NOT do a DAY OF THE DEAD remake. I would just welcome new thoughts on the genre. I did not like the Military base concept of DAY. Also, why in every Zombie movie is there one guy who tries to be a Nazi and tell everyone what to do? In DAWN2004 I found it humourous because he was a mall security guard, and later came to his senses.
I also hope they don't do a "Day of the Dead" remake. I'm sure if there is a sequel it will simply be "Dawn of the Dead 2".
Old 03-22-04, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
It's up in the air because you don't see any of them die on screen.

She may have ran after chips, but she was also heard jumping back on the boat. Either way they are screwed with little/no food and water. I would hope that they make a spin off or something.

as for the cooler.. hmm, it may have been a compartment. who knows.
Wasn't there a rumor about the original DAWN having a similar ending? I don't think it was real though...

I think it was Ken dies....the chick sees this and kills herself in the copter blades...then the copter putters out for lack of fuel...in other words they wouldn't have made it anywhere anyway....
Old 03-22-04, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for this thread. I'm seeing the movie tonight and didn't know there was something at the end credits. The wife usually bolts for the exit before 'Starring:' is 1/3 the way up the screen. I'll have to smack her down.
Old 03-22-04, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that.
Old 03-22-04, 10:57 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Duran
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that.

Nope, it's just you and Trigger and no one else.
Old 03-22-04, 11:09 AM
Banned

Originally posted by TomOpus
Just go see the movie again during a matinee and relive the fun
Or imo relive the boredom.
Old 03-22-04, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by Giantrobo
Wasn't there a rumor about the original DAWN having a similar ending? I don't think it was real though...

I think it was Ken dies....the chick sees this and kills herself in the copter blades...then the copter putters out for lack of fuel...in other words they wouldn't have made it anywhere anyway....
they did test out the shot where fran would get her head cut off with the chopper blades and there is a picture of it floating around.

Romero decided to not finish shooting the scene because he liked his characters to much to kill them off like that.
Old 03-22-04, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Venom
i personally think, why it is kinda up in the air, they were all killed/bitten.
Me too. Looked like too many zombies rushing at them to get away.
Old 03-22-04, 12:50 PM
Suspended

See this webpage for info on the original script as well as a copy of it for your reading pleasure. http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~vamp...y/original.htm
Bah! Fools! FOOLS! Why some studio doesnt go "George, here is a check. Put as many zeros on it as you need". And when the movie gets an X rating from the Board of Censorship, give it a wide spread unrated release as an Art House film. It'll still make money hand over fist. Then when you factor in the international release and DVD sales - and BAM! Instant gold mine!
Old 03-22-04, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
they did test out the shot where fran would get her head cut off with the chopper blades and there is a picture of it floating around.

Romero decided to not finish shooting the scene because he liked his characters to much to kill them off like that.

Oooh thanks Jack.
Old 03-22-04, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts
On the photo gallery on the current dvd?
Old 03-22-04, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally posted by LiquidSky
Me too. Looked like too many zombies rushing at them to get away.
I just assumed that they dropped the camera and a zombie picked it up at some point - and some of our heroes were far away from the video being filmed by the end of the credits.
Old 03-22-04, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Shannon Nutt
I just assumed that they dropped the camera and a zombie picked it up at some point - and some of our heroes were far away from the video being filmed by the end of the credits.
I'm not really sure where they could go....wasn't the boat's gas tank on empty?

Last edited by LiquidSky; 03-22-04 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-22-04, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
On empty. not much they can do other then float away.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.