Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

"Cursed" movies?

Old 03-16-04, 06:53 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by Shannon Nutt
Or was murdered...depending on who you ask.
Good grief! Is there any celebrity death that doesn't have some sort of conspiracy theory around it?
Old 03-16-04, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Isn't there some film that's 'cursed' in that if you watch it, you lose control of your bowels? gigli or glitter something like that?
Old 03-16-04, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Box office curse!!
Old 03-16-04, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
weren't people struck by lightning while filming The Passion?
Old 03-16-04, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Old 03-16-04, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That a fan art poster? Sure looks like it, looks like Charmed the movie.
Old 04-15-04, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts
Originally posted by harosa
For which film? Exorcist was deemed all talk by the studio and the Director booted out of the editing room and Harlin was bought in to add head spinning and some more action, I read all they kept from what was previously shot were exteriors. The report on Cursed was that it just wasnt working, they did have to recast the leads , therefore dropping alot of B movie star cameos and they switched FX teams mid movie also. Im sure some reports are up somewhere in more detail.
I meant the movie "Cursed" that has/had Christina Ricci. Who was originially cast in it and why did they replace them?
Old 04-15-04, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

3 Men and a Baby was cursed... by a ghost child!

Also, if you sync it up with Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" the similarities are uncanny...
Old 04-15-04, 07:21 PM

Originally posted by Big Boy Laroux
weren't people struck by lightning while filming The Passion?
Yes, Jim Caveizel (Jesus) was struck by lightning while filming the crucifixion(sp?) scene. Personally, that would have been enough for me to rethink continuing with the role.

Whether it is cursed or not has yet to be seen.

Cursed TV show... Diff'rent Strokes.
Old 04-15-04, 07:26 PM

Originally posted by cheapskate
3 Men and a Baby was cursed... by a ghost child!

Also, if you sync it up with Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" the similarities are uncanny...
You do know that's an urban legend, right? That "kid" in the background is a cardboard cut out of Ted Danson that you see earlier in the movie.
Old 04-15-04, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Star Wars Guy
You do know that's an urban legend, right? That "kid" in the background is a cardboard cut out of Ted Danson that you see earlier in the movie.
...or is it? Hmmm?? Hmmmm????

OK it is...
Old 04-15-04, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Groucho
The Wizard of Oz

Nearly everybody, cast and crew alike, is dead. There might be a munchkin or two still alive.
...erm... that particular movie is 65 years old...today! ...of course nearly everybody, cast and crew alike, is dead... as is nearly everybody, cast and crew alike, of just about any other movie that was released in 1939 (e.g. Gone With The Wind, The Rains Came, The Private Lives Of Elizabeth And Essex, Stage Coach, Juarez, etc., etc., and so forth, and so on...and on...)...

...just my tuppence...

. . . . . .

Last edited by Hendrik; 04-15-04 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-15-04, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just watched "The Omen" last week so my memory is kinda fresh. The extras scared me more than the movie heh. There is a feature called "Curse or coincidence" where director Richard Donner talks about the freaky things that happened while filming the movie.

The most notable ones:

-When getting out of a car, Donner almost got squished by another passing car (Bleh, coincidence)

-They shot a scene at the zoo with the lions (which was cut out) and the next day when they were filming the "baboons attacking the car" scene the "guard" at the lion emplacement forgot to close his door properly and was mauled to death by the lions (Hmmm.. Coincidence)

- The pilot of Donner's private jet asked him one day if he could use it for a short while if they did not need him that day. Donner had no problem with it so the guy took off, and upon leaving the ground smashed into a flock of birds, the engine died and the small plane went back down on the ground, beyond the runway and into the streets where it crashed into a car, killing the pilot's wife and kids instantly. (That is freaky...)

-The special effect guy who did the whole "head gets chopped off by the plate of glass" thing did his job, got paid and left. A bit later he was driving with his girlfriend when he had an accident. His girlfriend's head was loped off and the odometer at the time of the accident read "6.66 miles" (Holy crap! COME ON!)

Richard Donner was funny though, he said the only Omen for him was a good one because it opened the doors for "Superman".
Old 04-16-04, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 369 Likes on 263 Posts
Originally posted by Hendrik
...erm... that particular movie is 65 years old...today! ...of course nearly everybody, cast and crew alike, is dead... as is nearly everybody, cast and crew alike, of just about any other movie that was released in 1939 (e.g. Gone With The Wind, The Rains Came, The Private Lives Of Elizabeth And Essex, Stage Coach, Juarez, etc., etc., and so forth, and so on...and on...)...

...just my tuppence...

. . . . . .
Hendrik, meet Groucho, Groucho, Hendrik. Wow, you're even both from the same city.
Old 04-16-04, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Hendrik

...just my tuppence...

. . . . . .
Wow. And you've been here since Feb of 1999?
Old 04-16-04, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally posted by Dimension X:

Don't forget Kirk Allen. He was only 88 when he died of so-called "natural causes."

Kirk Allen [/B][/QUOTE]

Man, I know I haven't had any good posts lately (just small and sometimes stupid comments) - but I laughed so hard at this one that I started crying - good stuff.

Last edited by Rival11; 04-16-04 at 01:29 PM.