Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Bruce Campbell - Thursday March 18th @ Birmingham, MI

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 03-11-04, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Just thought I'd give a heads up to anyone in the southeast Michigan area:

Bruce Campbell will be receiving the Groves High School 2003-2004 alumni award as well as host a screening of Bubba Ho-Tep. Tickets are $10 and will include the screening, a question and answer session and commentary on the film. The film will be shown in the Groves High School auditorium at 7pm. Tickets will be available at the door or can be purchased in advance from the Groves High School Office or by calling the Groves Fringe Festival Event line at 248.646.3877. Proceeds will benefit the Groves Theater Department's participatation in Scotland's Fringe Festival this summer.

Bruce is one of my favorite actors and will definetly be there. I saw him last October at a screnning/q&a session in at the Royal Oak Main Art Theater, and it was a riot. It was like a family reunion, since he grew up in this area and went to Groves High School.

Last edited by steebo777; 03-11-04 at 09:06 AM.
Old 03-11-04, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A live Bruce Campbell commentary?! Wow, that rules.
Old 03-11-04, 08:35 AM

And for those who have never had the privilege of seeing Bruce Campbell's Q&A sessions, think An Evening with Kevin Smith.

I was fortunate enough to meet Bruce Campbell this past weekend at the Nacogdoches Film Festival. He is by far, the best working stiff actor in Hollywood. Not to mention a damn funny guy. After the screening of Bubba Ho-tep came a Q&A session. This quickly turned into the Bruce Campbell Stand Up Comedy Hour. Someone asked him what his next project was and he replied with Man with a Screaming Brain which starts filming this June in Bulgaria. He then proceeds to say the following:

"Yeah, thats right, Bulgaria. Everyone wants to go there now! New Zealand is way too expensive ever since that bastard Peter Jackson started that god damn Rings series. I know many of you here are all like *nerd voice* But its Lord of the Rings. Its epic! */nerd voice* Every damn time I see one of those sweeping shots where all the horses are lined up, I think to myself, Dammit! That right there is why I couldn't get a god damn horse for Jack of All Trades! That ass! And then you have Elijah Wood who only has one mode of emoting on the screen. *Insert Bruce doing mucho sarcastic consternation face* Lord of the Rings! Bah! I'm Bored of the Rings! He even took all our f**kin crew members. I remember on Hercules, Kevin Sorbo had this one bad ass motherf**ker as a stuntman who had a golden eye patch. One day I ask him, why the golden eye patch. He proceeds to tell me *New Zealand accent* that back in my younger days, I was wound up all the time. And you know, sometimes you just wanted the crack to get to your brain immediately, so I took a hypo and put it though me eye.*/New Zealand accent*. They even got that guy on LotR! Thats why I'll never watch those films. **** PJ and **** LotR!"
Old 03-11-04, 08:45 AM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Damn, how come he can't come to MN?
Old 03-11-04, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Gilgamesh, that's why Bruce is the man, he tells you straight up where he's coming from. I so want to see him in person. He was in NY back in the fall, showing Bubba Ho-Tep at the Angelika, and I was just completely unable to go. I'm still pretty dissappointed about that. Next time he comes around, I am definitly going though.
Old 03-11-04, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn, sounds like a good time
Old 03-11-04, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

He did come to Minnesota about 2 years ago. I wanted to go, but it came at a time in which I was super busy, and sick. To this day, I still regret not going to that showing
Old 03-11-04, 02:33 PM

Originally posted by Drop
Gilgamesh, that's why Bruce is the man, he tells you straight up where he's coming from. I so want to see him in person. He was in NY back in the fall, showing Bubba Ho-Tep at the Angelika, and I was just completely unable to go. I'm still pretty dissappointed about that. Next time he comes around, I am definitly going though.
Yeah, when I heard he was going to be a scant 120 miles away from me, I immediately made plans to get there. They also filmed the Q&A session for the DVD extras of Bubba Ho-tep as the few people that were directly on film were asked if they would give their permission to use that footage on the DVD. I should be on the DVD release in 8 short weeks as I was in the front row.
Old 03-11-04, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Gilgamesh1082
Yeah, when I heard he was going to be a scant 120 miles away from me, I immediately made plans to get there. They also filmed the Q&A session for the DVD extras of Bubba Ho-tep as the few people that were directly on film were asked if they would give their permission to use that footage on the DVD. I should be on the DVD release in 8 short weeks as I was in the front row.
That's so cool, I'm really looking forward to seeing Bubba Ho-Tep, and it looks like it's going to have some killer extras, and it's awesome you are immortalized on DVD and with Bruce Campbell to boot. You lucky dog.
Old 03-11-04, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by flashburn
A live Bruce Campbell commentary?! Wow, that rules.
I actually had the pleasure of overhearing an actual live commentary of this movie by Bruce in LA. After a Q&A he did before the movie, he ended up sitting in the crowd with some friends. He ended up sitting behind me and chatted alot with them about the movie as it was rolling. Unfortunately, he was keeping pretty quiet, so I had to strain to hear what he was saying. Most of it was pretty interesting and a lot of it was very funny. Still, I got distracted by watching the movie (for the first time) for long periods of time and missed at least 3/4 of his comments.
Old 03-12-04, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow that's really sweet. I wish he would do stuff like that around here. He lives close enough! (my home town)
Old 03-12-04, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Ergyu
Wow that's really sweet. I wish he would do stuff like that around here. He lives close enough! (my home town)
He did a documentary about Southern Oregon. That's kind of cool. It'd be better if he was at screenings of his movies in your area though.
Old 03-12-04, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

He did? What's it called? I'm sure he's done something around here, but just not since I've been living in the city.
Old 03-13-04, 06:13 PM

Originally posted by Drop
That's so cool, I'm really looking forward to seeing Bubba Ho-Tep, and it looks like it's going to have some killer extras, and it's awesome you are immortalized on DVD and with Bruce Campbell to boot. You lucky dog.
Aye, I can't wait to see myself in all my fullscreen glory.
Old 03-18-04, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Tonight baby!!! I can't wait to see The Man

Originally posted by Ergyu
He did? What's it called? I'm sure he's done something around here, but just not since I've been living in the city.
Don't remember the name off hand, but he talks about it alot on his website.