Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Shaun of the Dead trailer in Quicktime

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-04, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The movie finally has its own web page with the trailer finally in Quicktime, so you can see all the jokes clearly now, cant wait for this to hit, looks like an import DVD to me. Link here- http://uip.co.uk/romzom/
Old 03-05-04, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
this flick looks awesome - can't wait to see it.
Old 03-05-04, 11:38 AM

Thanks for the link. I'd heard the name, but didn't know anything about it. It looks hilarious. I love the bit where they're deciding which albums to throw at the zombies!
Old 03-05-04, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 513 Likes on 353 Posts
OMG!1!1

That made me laugh right out loud. My cow-orkers down the hall are probably wondering "double-yoo tee eff, mate?".
Old 03-06-04, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Whats cool is the premise that this takes place in the Night/DAwn/Day of the Dead universe and is basically a side story.
Old 03-06-04, 05:07 AM

Originally posted by harosa
Whats cool is the premise that this takes place in the Night/DAwn/Day of the Dead universe and is basically a side story.
Really? Does Romero endorse this?

This movie looks hilarious. I've always thought that there should be more zombie comedies.
Old 03-06-04, 05:10 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by beefjerky
I've always thought that there should be more zombie comedies.

Come on, you know you laughed.
Old 03-06-04, 02:59 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just downloaded and watched this before I clicked over here. Them thinking they hit a living guy with their car at the end was my favorite joke.

This totally looks fun.
Old 03-07-04, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just watched this. Looks damn funny.

This only opening in the UK or is it coming here too ?
Old 03-07-04, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm not a fan of zombie movies at all but I think this looks great. I really hope it comes out way. I can only pray for a loaded R1 DVD release if we do get the shaft on a theatrical release.
Old 03-07-04, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 513 Likes on 353 Posts
Originally posted by Suprmallet

Come on, you know you laughed.
Hell yeah, I like this movie (guilty pleasure maybe?), if only for the luscious Traci Lind...
Old 03-07-04, 03:00 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by AGuyNamedMike
Hell yeah, I like this movie (guilty pleasure maybe?), if only for the luscious Traci Lind...
I like it for the unconscious homage to Fast Times At Ridgemont High.
Old 03-07-04, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks great! For those of you who may not have noticed, the lead actor, Simon Pegg, is the same guy from the hilarious Britcom Spaced.
Old 03-26-04, 10:38 AM

There's a new trailer at this site now, it's also at Jo Blo's site.

http://www.joblo.com/movietrailers.htm
Old 03-26-04, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
EXCELLENT new trailer.

Originally posted by Numanoid
Looks great! For those of you who may not have noticed, the lead actor, Simon Pegg, is the same guy from the hilarious Britcom Spaced.
Not to mention his friend is Mike from Spaced, and it's directed by the director of Spaced, etc.
Old 03-26-04, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by DonnachaOne
EXCELLENT new trailer.

Not to mention his friend is Mike from Spaced, and it's directed by the director of Spaced, etc.
And Jessica Stevenson (Daisy on Spaced) is supposed to be in SotD also, though I do not know how big her role is I haven't seen her in any of the trailers yet.

I would think nearly all of the Spaced cast would show up in this movie, it seems to be a fairly tight knit group.

Now, let's get Shaun of the Dead out and released so we can see a Spaced S3 in the near future
Old 04-07-04, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SHAUN OF THE DEAD review by (guy I know) Tom Blackett!

From Virginstudent.com

Shaun of the Dead

Comedy: ‘Spaced’ star Simon Pegg is back with a film about love, life, family, friendship… and how to cope with the rise of the undead

Directed by Edgar Wright • Starring Simon Pegg, Kate Ashfield, Nick Frost, Bill Nighy, Dylan Moran and Lucy Davis • Running time 95 minutes • Certificate 15

In Brief

After screwing up a planned night out to celebrate their anniversary, 29-year-old slacker Shaun (Pegg) is dumped by long-time girlfriend Liz (Ashfield), resulting in him resolving to sort his life out the very next day. Unfortunately this coincides with the dead rising in London – isn’t it always the way? Shaun soon finds himself and best friend Ed (Frost) racing to rescue Liz, his mum and their friends from the zombie plague and take them to the safest place he can think of: his local boozer, The Winchester. Will he and his cricket bat be enough to survive the threat of the un-dead, or does an eternity of groaning, shuffling and cannibalism await Shaun?

Review

Thanks to recent rubbish like ‘Jeepers Creepers 2’ and ‘Blackball’, both the horror film and the Brit comedy have become dull imitations of their former selves recently. You might be forgiven for assuming that ‘Shaun of the Dead’ might not be up to much. Fortunately though, ‘Shaun’ delivers.

Don’t confuse it for some cheap parody designed to cash in on the recent big-budget remake of ‘Dawn of the Dead’ (the original of which is lovingly referenced by ‘Shaun’ at every opportunity); ‘Shaun of the Dead’ is as far from the atrocious ‘Scary Movie’ trilogy as possible, with as much dedication given to providing a genuinely scary horror film as there is to providing laughs. Attention to detail’s the name of the game here, kids. Pegg and Wright have dedicated themselves to making a damn good horror film with some very funny moments. Nothing is left to chance.

Familiarity with the new British comedy scene (particularly the brilliant ‘Spaced’, also from Pegg and Wright) will definitely aid your enjoyment. If not, then you might not be quite so enamoured with the thought of stars from Brit-coms like ‘Black Books’ and ‘The Office’ teaming up to fight the un-dead. Even if the numerous in-jokes are lost upon you though, the ease between the actors is obvious, allowing the comedy to flow as easily as the bloodshed. Simon Pegg is particularly excellent as Shaun, showing enough charisma and presence to warrant his starring role. So dominant is he in fact that the focus does sag a little when he’s not on screen, but thankfully this isn’t often.

After the fast-paced character comedy of the majority of the film, the final scenes might take you by surprise. It’s a pretty big shift in tone, and even though there are still a few laughs, the emphasis is definitely on the horrific. Fortunately the cast have the acting chops to manage such drama, making for some believable, rather than laughable scenes.

Verdict

More fun than any recent British comedy, more frightening than most horrors and destined to be a cult classic, ‘Shaun Of The Dead’ is a little slice of fried gold. Ironically more faithful stylistically to the original ‘Dawn of the Dead’ than the remake is, which will be good news for all the ‘zombie purists’ out there. If you’re at all a fan of good British comedy or horror, this genre bending rom-zom-com is essential viewing. So go on; come get some.

Reviewed by Tom Blackett
Tom Blackett is a student at Essex University

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've known Tom for a while now, and his is an opinion I'd trust any day of the week (he doesn't mind me reposting his reviews either, famehound that he is). I'm definitely seeing this film now!