Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Robert Rodriguez will direct "Sin City"

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Robert Rodriguez will direct "Sin City"

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-05, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kudama
instrumental link here:

http://www.pixelblur.com/media/audio...strumental.mp3

I haven't tried it, so I can't vouch yet.

adding: Well, I'm home now and I can't make this work. I don't know if it's bunk or if pixelblur just removed the file. I did get a little pixelblur logo.
Sounds like this one was peiced together using the trailer and the original track, you can still hear muted vocals in part, and also the sound effects from the trailer. It's better than the one I've seen on Emule, which is much worse, which was basically just the first 20 seconds of the peice on a loop three times, then the last 20 seconds looped over again and again.

Still, I don't think it's worth anything. The original with vocals is a pretty good song anyways.
Old 03-16-05, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the clip they showed on Regis and Kelly looked pretty good. It was a clip with Rowaso Dawson and Clive Owen scene
Old 03-16-05, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by tofu
Woohoo, stripper action figures!!! I like the Nancy figure although it would be nice to see a Miho figure with all of th weapons.

There's supposed to be figures of Miho, Goldie (or Wendy), and Kevin in Series II.
Old 03-20-05, 04:53 PM

http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/sincity.html

more clips and interviews ...awesome
Old 03-20-05, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
If you look at the storyboards link it shows you a bunch of panels from the comic. Cool!
Old 03-20-05, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by maingon

Very cool
Old 03-21-05, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by maingon

Good stuff, thanks.
Old 03-22-05, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The official Site finally posted the R RATING for Sustained strong stylized violence, nudity, and sexual situatins including dialogue.
Old 03-22-05, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if anyone is interested, the run time according to time magazine is 135 minutes.
Old 03-23-05, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Dunno if this has been posted or anyone cares:

James Berardinelli's review of Sin City (3.5 outta 4):

http://movie-reviews.colossus.net/mo.../sin_city.html
Old 03-23-05, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't we have a thread for the reviews?

That said, I am glad a mainstream critic has liked it, though I don't know how reliable he is in terms of predicting the opinions of others. I will say that one thing this movie may have going for it in terms of big name reviewers is its roots in the old noir style, which many critics eat up like crazy.

Last edited by Dr. DVD; 03-23-05 at 08:40 AM.
Old 03-24-05, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
from coming soon

'Rodriguez has a very elaborate DVD planned for the movie already. "We shot the full stories of the books, and I knew we could truncate it down, knowing that we weren't going to lose any scenes; eventually they would all be available for people to see. So the DVD will come out with the theatrical cut, and then there'll be a separate disc that's got the individual episodes separated with their own title card, and you can just watch The Big Fat Kill from beginning to end, the full cut. That's a single story, and then switch over and watch The Yellow Bastard and that's forty five minutes. It'll have all the material back in. So it'll be like the experience of picking up the book, where you pick up one story and you read it from beginning to end. And it'll have all the material in it. You can shuffle your own version of the movie and just watch them all separately… And then I'm gonna add on a twenty minute film school, probably for this one, cause there's so many things and I want another ten minute cooking school to be 'Sin City breakfast tacos'; which I'll make a home-made flour tortilla, and it's the best meal you can probably ever learn."'
So we get another great RR film school and the full stories. Kick major ass!
Old 03-24-05, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,020 Likes on 630 Posts
I am SO hyped about this movie! I'm a big fan of the comics from back when they were originally released. When I first heard about the movie, I got my old copies out and read through them all again. Now I'm going crazy waiting for April 1st.

And that news about the DVD is great to hear! However, I don't own any Robert Rodriguez DVDs. Does he do a "film school" extra on all of his movie DVDs? If not, which ones?
Old 03-24-05, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Not all of them, but his more recent ones. He likes to do both film schools and cooking schools.
Old 03-28-05, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So Circuit City has the track listing posted for the soundtrack and all are Symphony tracks except for one by "Fluke" -are we not getting the trailer song by Servant? I read it was comissioned especially for Sin City and was reallt looking forward to getting it. ?
Old 03-28-05, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

97.9% of the time, music in movie trailers are not in the actual movie.
Old 03-28-05, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Cellar Door
I am SO hyped about this movie! I'm a big fan of the comics from back when they were originally released. When I first heard about the movie, I got my old copies out and read through them all again. Now I'm going crazy waiting for April 1st.

And that news about the DVD is great to hear! However, I don't own any Robert Rodriguez DVDs. Does he do a "film school" extra on all of his movie DVDs? If not, which ones?
Four Rooms, The Faculty & Spy Kids don't have any extras at all... A Spy Kids: SE is in the works, I've heard.

Roadracers still isn't available on DVD but the LD has a decent commentary.

From Dusk Til Dawn doesn't have a Film School, but plenty of other extras. Full Tilt Boogie is a amazing documentary.

Mariachi, Desperado, Spy Kids 2 & Spy Kids 3D all have 10 Min. Film Schools

Once Upon A Time In Mexico has a 10 Min. Flick School & 10 Min. Cooking School (Puerco Pibil)

IMO, Robert puts together the most entertaining & educational DVDs, for filmmakers, on the market... And the Pibil is pretty damn tasty too.
Old 03-28-05, 12:03 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Originally Posted by darqleo
97.9% of the time, music in movie trailers are not in the actual movie.
That's because usually film music isn't ready yet by the time they have to make the trailer, and so they use "stock" music or familiar themes from other films.

In the case of Sin City, the trailer music was written especially for the Sin City trailer - I don't know if the music will appear in the film, though.
Old 03-28-05, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Not exactly, The Servant wrote the song "Cells" for their album, the lyrics were just removed for the trailer. So nothing new was actually written for the movie, though it's possible they actually recorded a new instrumental version instead of just removing the lyrics.
Old 04-10-05, 08:43 PM
WOG
Cool New Member

The trailor looked all good, reminded me of the game
'Max pain"
cant wait to see it