Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Do you ever feel like "I'm not buying it" in a movie?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Do you ever feel like "I'm not buying it" in a movie?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-04, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any adult/mature movie
Old 08-25-04, 10:14 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Hiro11
Nurse Ratched is too one-note and one dimensional to be anything resembling human.
I've worked with people just like her.
Old 08-25-04, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Matrix being the real world......

Charlies Angels..... the entire series

From Justin to Kelly..... nuff said...
Old 08-26-04, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts
Gangs of New York Everyone ranted and raved about it but I just didn't buy it. I think it was the whole environment that really threw me for a loop. Nothing seemed to make any sense. And the whole end was almost pointless considering everything else that was going on.

Troy I didn't buy anything in this movie. People were fighting, for what I don't know. People stopped fighting for seemingly inane reasons. Brad Pitt was, well...Brad Pitt. Eric Bana was excellent as was Julian Glover. I didn't buy anyone elses performances, the writing was all over the place, and most of the dialogue was just ridiculous. I've never seen the Patriot but it seems to be along the same lines.

Counte of Monte Cristo (2002) Where do I begin. I know most people liked it but I was not buying it at all. First of all it has the most inane portrayal of Napoleon ever. I didn't even know it was him until he stuck his hands in his jacket. I didn't buy the friendly pirate with the New York accent. And I especially hated that the whole point of the story, revenge, was not settled. He ignored advice from wise old Richard Harris (the only saving grace of the movie) and ended up
Spoiler:
with the house the girl and his life? Where is the result of the character flaw? With this type of movie you shouldn't be able to have a fatal character flaw such as that and get away with it.
The whole point of the movie was negated by the ending. Although it wasn't a very good movie to begin with.

So yeah, there are a couple movies that I didn't buy into.