Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

A hole celebrities! post your stories here

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

A hole celebrities! post your stories here

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-04, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Originally posted by Giantrobo
why did the "fan" do that?
Ellison didn't say, that I recall. Presumably it's a mystery.

I just marvel at the planning. I mean, the guy must've been pissed off at ADF. But he had to GET the puke -- presumably his own -- carry it around until he found ADF, and then throw it at him.
Old 02-08-04, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by mee2
There was a particular instance when my friend was rude to a star, Wesly Snipes. We were at some trendy bar in Beverly Hills when upon leaving we spotted Wesley wearing a pair of tight leather pants, and a bright red sweater. My friend approcahes him and says: "Man, you're too damn dark to wear bright red sweaters".

Is your friend a girl? Because no (sane) guy would do that unless he wanted a beat down.

ANyways, my friend was at a club in NYC once, and he somehow got into the VIP area. Apparantly Wesley Snipes was there surrounded by a bunch of girls. Everyone was staring of course. Then suddenly, he told one of the servers that drinks were on him for everyone in that section. My friend got wasted that night.
Old 02-08-04, 08:25 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in 1986 I worked at a KMart in Milwaukee. In walks Red Skelton who was in town for a show, or the circus parade. I sucked it up and went up to him and asked for an autograph for my dad who was a big fan.

He pushed aside his hot trophy wife and said no problem. I'll never forget it.

Also met Weird Al a few years ago. Super super cool guy.

My sister had Charlie Sheen hit on her while he was doing Major League. She said he was a big A hole.
Old 02-08-04, 08:31 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
For the flipside, Harlan Ellison has an essay, entitled "Xenogenesis," which is about a-hole fans.

That isn't surprising. A mutual acquantence of mine worked with Ellison not too long ago and said everything you heard about the man is true.

Personally, I think his Outer Limits eps suck.
Old 02-08-04, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
I met Mark Wahlberg a few years back in an a hotel - a real guiet and nice guy - and short.
I also met Warren Moon and Jim Kelly at spring break about 10 years ago and they were both hangin' out together - both were really cool and they autographed my hat.
Met the 2 twins from that show Sister Sister in Miami - they were a little hung up on themselves - but they are much hotter in person than their semi-dorky characters.
Almost got into a fight wih the dudes from Cypress Hill about ten years ago - their entourage were major dicks and sh**-talkers.
Gloria Estefan has to be the nicest person ever. A buddy of mine met her on a cruise and hung out with her and her family one night.
Jean-Claude Van Dammit is an uber-d**k and a bad tipper.
Old 02-08-04, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Walked by Tim Duncan in SA going into Quiznos just said whats up. It was when his leg was broken he did not seem to happy.
Saw Clint Eastwood walking out of a movie in Austin during the filming of A perfect world. Left him alone but people behind me were humming the music form Good bad and ugly
Saw Dan Rather at a mexican food place out by the lake in Austin.
Met Hollyfield out front of Letterman in 98 he was cool. I kept looking at his ear.
Old 02-08-04, 10:31 PM

howard stern is probably the nicest famous person ever.
Old 02-08-04, 11:14 PM
Zee

I've been fortunate enough to meet quite a few celebrities that I really admire.

About four years ago, I was working with a song writer and a producer, and I got to open a couple of concerts...the first was for a small-scale Mandy Moore concert. She was incredibly sweet and conversational, as were all of her dancers (one of which was a Newsie). She was VERY tall, even with her flats on. She also sounded pretty good live. The second show was for Blessid Union of Souls, and we got to spend an entire ferry ride with the band. They were also very friendly and open...we had some pretty great conversations. They were more than willing to sign autographs...really nice guys.

Last February I also went to go see Hairspray, and Sharon Osbourne, Kelly Osbourne, and Kristi Yamaguchi were all in the audience. Sharon was absolutely lovely and gracious, but Kelly was covering her face as though she had something horrible on her nose that she had to cover up. Kristi was a little less personable than Sharon, but she certainly wasn't rude. I also got to meet Bruce Vilanch on the Hairspray tour, and he was funny as all hell.

Over the summer I was also able to attend the grand opening of Kevin Richardson's recording studio, and he was -fantastic-. I must have talked to him for ten or fifteen minutes about touring and about Broadway and about recording in the studio, and he really had some interesting stories to tell. He was also more than willing to have pictures taken or to sign autographs. It was a very classy event, and he was a very classy guy.

Nobody is more classy than Hugh Jackman, however. I only got to meet him briefly, but he was all smiles and hugs and kind comments. It's hard to believe that someone that is now recognized as a world-wide superstar is so humble. What a talent.

Most recently, though, I was able to meet Sarah Silverman (just two nights ago, actually). For someone whose (very sharp) sense of humor is so...obnoxious (in a good way), she was very accessible and nice. It was at a theater awards show, and she even said that she'd enjoyed my performance. It was wonderful to hear such nice comments from someone whose work I've enjoyed for such a long time.

I'm pretty sure that's all. I've been pretty lucky when it comes to running into celebrities.
Old 02-08-04, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
In December I met Sara Stokes (from Da Band, Bad Boy Records). She came into my store, and one of my co-workers was up her ass. He came up to me with her, cuz she was looking for something. He proceeds to tell me who she is, I had no idea. I felt bad that I didn't watch MTV's Making the Band (and, I stupidly said I didn't watch it). She was cool though.

I also see Method Man on a regular basis. He keeps pretty much to himself when he comes into my store. Doesn't come off as an ass either.
Old 02-08-04, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Had the pleasure of meeting Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones back when they were filming Men in Black II at the beach I was working at, (They used the Fire Island Lighthouse for the Post Office scene) Will Smith was very accomodating, took pictures with everyone, signed whatever you wanted. Tommy Lee Jones was quiet but very nice as well. Always thought Smith was taller, I'm 6'4 and towered over him.

Met Bruce Campbell, class act. Talked to us for at least 5 minutes while he was signing stuff and took pictures.

Catherine Bell from JAG was one of the sweetest peope I've ever met. So hot in person.

I have two a-hole celebs that I met. The first was Skeet Ulrich at a club in NYC. The guy bumps into me (while im standing at the bar) and obnoxiously yells, "EXCUSE ME, I WANT A DRINK." I just looked at him, laughed, and turned back around. My ex-girlfriend goes to him "fu***** Johnny Depp wannabe." Only good thing she ever did.

The other a-hole was Ben Stiller. The guy was just so damn arrogant and acted like he was above everyone.

Last edited by TheNightFlier; 02-08-04 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-09-04, 11:12 AM

Jewel did a free performance at a local record shop my friends and I used to hang out at a lot. This was before she got famous and not too many people showed up. After it was done we bought her CD from the shelves and asked her to sign them. She did, and we hung out and had pizza and coffee for 2-3 hours afterwards. Very nice girl with lots of interesting stories.
Old 02-09-04, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Rubix
howard stern is probably the nicest famous person ever.
Where did you meet him?
Old 02-09-04, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by scott shelton
THAT'S a joke?

Wow. Hilarious. Watch out Chris Rock...
Wow. Apparently you do understand sarcasm...

Anyway.. I don't have any A-hole stories. I haven't "met" many celebrities, so that might be why. I was on the set of 24 last week and Reiko Aylesworth who plays Michelle Dressler seemed quite nice. She kept forgetting her lines and apologized to the extras and crew. When they were done shooting, she thanked everyone -- I haven't been on many sets, so I don't know common that is, but she seemed nice enough.

My wife met Mel Gibson several years ago. Apparently he was at the same restaurant as her while she was celebrating her birthday. When the waiters came over to sing to her, Mel decided to join them. My wife can't handle being around celebrites.. she was so embarassed she hid under the table the whole time and while under there, told him thank you.

The kid who played J.T. on Step by Step was at a local Denny's. A guy approached him to say hi and he seemed nice... though he's probably just happy to still be recognized.

Lars from Rancid was outside taking pictures of kids at a Transplants show... he seemed like a nice guy. He was shaking hands with people, etc.
Old 02-09-04, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by DodgingCars

My wife met Mel Gibson several years ago. Apparently he was at the same restaurant as her while she was celebrating her birthday. When the waiters came over to sing to her, Mel decided to join them. My wife can't handle being around celebrites.. she was so embarassed she hid under the table the whole time and while under there, told him thank you.

sorry bro... there's so many jokes can come out from that story

must resist... making fun... other people's wife...

sorry
Old 02-09-04, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by BlackBeauty92

sorry bro... there's so many jokes can come out from that story

must resist... making fun... other people's wife...

sorry
keep your mind out of the gutter.
Old 02-09-04, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My girlfriend has the honor of being hit on by both Pauly Shore (although that’s not much of an honor, he seems to hit on ANYTHING) and Tarentino. I don’t know if this qualifies them as A-holes because I wasn’t there but I have to include them.

The “A-Hole King of the Decade” award has to go to Leonardo DiCaprio. Back when I used to live in Mexico, during the filming of Titanic, I ran into Leo and his boyfriend (before anyone gets huffy, yes Leo is gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I knew MANY people who worked as extras and laborers on the Titanic set in Baja and his exploits with his boyfriend were well known).

I had a friend who I attended some college classes with in San Diego whose mom owned a small art shop in Tijuana. It wasn’t cheap tourist crap either; it was authentic expensive pieces. During the afternoons he ran the shop and I would sit behind the counter with him, drinking coffee and talking about movies (we were both movie hounds). One afternoon Leo comes in with another young guy and he immediately begins talking shit about the store. Sitting down I can pass as Hispanic (I’m 6’4”) so I have to assume he thinks neither of us speak English. Both my friend and I keep our faces straight, as if we can’t understand what they’re saying. “Look at this crap.” “Who would buy this?” “No wonder this country is so F’d up.” All of this was peppered with some racial slurs. I wasn’t really angry. I was more amused by what a stupid A-hole he sounded like. As the two left my friend called out, “Thank you, I hope you come again!” in perfect unaccented English.

Oh, back in 1987 I had sex with Don Dokken’s girlfriend so I hope he is an A-hole.
Old 02-09-04, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by DeputyDave
My girlfriend has the honor of being hit on by both Pauly Shore (although that’s not much of an honor, he seems to hit on ANYTHING) and Tarentino. I don’t know if this qualifies them as A-holes because I wasn’t there but I have to include them.

The “A-Hole King of the Decade” award has to go to Leonardo DiCaprio. Back when I used to live in Mexico, during the filming of Titanic, I ran into Leo and his boyfriend (before anyone gets huffy, yes Leo is gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I knew MANY people who worked as extras and laborers on the Titanic set in Baja and his exploits with his boyfriend were well known).

I had a friend who I attended some college classes with in San Diego whose mom owned a small art shop in Tijuana. It wasn’t cheap tourist crap either; it was authentic expensive pieces. During the afternoons he ran the shop and I would sit behind the counter with him, drinking coffee and talking about movies (we were both movie hounds). One afternoon Leo comes in with another young guy and he immediately begins talking shit about the store. Sitting down I can pass as Hispanic (I’m 6’4”) so I have to assume he thinks neither of us speak English. Both my friend and I keep our faces straight, as if we can’t understand what they’re saying. “Look at this crap.” “Who would buy this?” “No wonder this country is so F’d up.” All of this was peppered with some racial slurs. I wasn’t really angry. I was more amused by what a stupid A-hole he sounded like. As the two left my friend called out, “Thank you, I hope you come again!” in perfect unaccented English.

Oh, back in 1987 I had sex with Don Dokken’s girlfriend so I hope he is an A-hole.
Why would Leo flaunt his "gayness" in public on set and then deny it in interviews, etc?
Old 02-09-04, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by scott shelton
THAT'S a joke?

Wow. Hilarious. Watch out Chris Rock...

i really don't think Chris Rock would be threatened.
Old 02-09-04, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts
Why would Leo flaunt his "gayness" in public on set and then deny it in interviews, etc?
to throw off the 1 or 2 people left like you who don't believe he's gay
Old 02-09-04, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't ask me why the US media hasn't jumped on Leo's sexuality. Maybe they respect his privacy (like that would happen). In Mexico while the filming was going on the Mexican tabloid shows were filled with stories about him. Regardless, how he acted with his "partner" while he was in the store confirmed it for me. Him being such an A-hole means I have no problems with "outing" him.
Old 02-09-04, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Since we've branched out from actors to comic book personalities and not just a-hole stories, but also good ones, I'll share mine. Met Margarte Weis and Tracy Hickman in 2001 for a book signing of Dragons of a Lost Star. I can't say they're the nicest celebrities I've met cuz I haven't really met any, but I *can* say that they are among the nicest PEOPLE. They came on time, no special conditions and Tracy was actually taking pictures of us fans in line with a disposable camera! They signed EVERYTHING that people brought, even old, out of print books of theirs that probably weren't even Wizards of the Coast property anymore. And they didn't just scribble their names down too. They asked for your name and put in a little dedication with it. I remember this one guy had a big duffel bag full of books and while Margartet was talking to the fans, Tracy was signing each and everyone of them books while talking to the guy. They also had no problems with fans wanting to take pictures of and with them.

Unlike the Robert Jordan book-signing I had my parents go to for my sister. You couldn't take a picture of or with the guy and there was absolutely NO personalized dedications. He just scribbled "Robert Jordan"--in very easily forgeable script mind you--on top of his name in the cover page and that was it.
Old 02-09-04, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by DeputyDave
So "In my dreams you're still the same/ Your love is strong, you still remain" must've sent you off into a fit of uncontrollable giggles whenever you heard it...
Old 02-10-04, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Giantrobo
to throw off the 1 or 2 people left like you who don't believe he's gay

oh wait... i just found that out myself

where's DonnachaOne? i need him to say something about this so i can put it in my sign

Old 02-10-04, 12:42 AM

Ryne Sandberg, former second basemen for the Cubs, was very cold and didn't say a word to me when I was a kid and met him.

My father overheard Mark McGwire say "damn kids" during spring training in the very early 90's. He wouldn't sign autographs.

Pauly Shore wasn't very talkative, but did take a pic with my group awhile back.

Really cool celebs: Kid Rock, Adam Sandler, Kari Wurher, Vanilla Ice, Rage Against the Machine, Korn, Fred Durst (pre-fame), DJ Lethal, Pantera, Mike Patton and Mike Bordin from Faith No More, John Bush from Anthrax, Whitfield Crane from Ugly Kid Joe, Terrell Davis (former Bronco).
Old 02-10-04, 03:34 AM

Originally posted by Scot1458
My sister had Charlie Sheen hit on her while he was doing Major League. She said he was a big A hole.
Then she slept with him.

j/k

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.