Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Great moments in cinema according to You...

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Great moments in cinema according to You...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-04, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't believe you guys!!!!!!!!!!! You have missed, quite possibly, THE best scene ever shot in American Film, EVER. The Taxi Cab Scene in ON THE WATERFRONT is Film 101:

"Oh Charley. Charley." Long Pause "Oh wow."

Go to your room! ha ha

MISS PEACH
Old 02-25-04, 07:30 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Norman Maine (James Mason), "feeling no pain", pushing, fighting and shoving his way to the stage, like a raging bull let loose, in the long and masterful opening sequence of A Star Is Born (1954) by George Cukor.
Old 03-17-04, 07:04 AM
Suspended

Almost every scene of that Hitchcock-on-acid movie The Lady from Shanghai (Orson Welles, 1947), but especially the funny house finale.
Old 03-23-04, 04:20 PM
Suspended

Memories!... The greatest moments, bar none, I ever spent at the movies were in the heydey of widescreen movies and two of them were in Cinerema theatres.

First: The ending of How the West was Won from Debbie Reynold and family launching into yet another rendition of "Home in the Meadow" (Greensleeves) in the middle of Monument Valley to the title song sung by a choir to the bird's eye view of the whole Western United States.

Second: Every time the soundtrack would play the It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World theme waltz in the movie of the same name. Even if it wasn't "real" Cinerama...

Last edited by baracine; 03-23-04 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-23-04, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Great moments for me:

Full Metal Jacket - The bathroom scene where Pyle goes insane. That look just before the scene ends is disturbing.

A Clockwork Orange - I was cured, all right. Actually that whole movie was one long series of interesting imagery.

Heathers - Winona watching Christian Slater blow himself up. I love seeing her standing there covered in soot with the cigarette hanging out of her mouth.

Jurassic Park - the first time we see the dinosaurs. I still feel a sense of wonder when I watch that scene.