Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

“The Village” trailer

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

“The Village” trailer

Old 04-27-04, 07:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by whynotsmile
looks great. AICN is reporting the obvious twist ending is for real. while thats dissapointing in a sense, i gotts say this film looks beautiful. stunning photography. the contrast of red and yellow is beautiful.
Well, what I am liked about Signs is that Shamalan didn't try to copy the sucess with The Sixth Sense and 'top' his last suprise ending. The twist in Signs wasn't anything special and it wasn't played up too much, but there were other things going on that made the ending significant.
Old 04-27-04, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll probably wait and rent it. How many "cool twist endings" can the man come up with?

-At the end of the sixth sense I was thinking "Whoa!!"

-At the end of Unbreakable I thought "Ok, cool"

-At the end of Signs I went "Oh jeez, COME ON!!"

Can't wait to see this movie's "punchline"...
Old 04-27-04, 07:57 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The twist ending is bad.....The spoiler-tag above has some parts of it right, but the full truth is just stupid... As we get closer to the movie, it seems that the "twist" is true and not a plant by Disney...ugh...
Old 04-28-04, 08:58 AM
Banned

who cares about the "twist ending"? If the movie is creepy and atmostpheric like Signs was, I'm there!
Old 04-28-04, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts
Originally posted by Verbal Gorilla
Well, what I am liked about Signs is that Shamalan didn't try to copy the sucess with The Sixth Sense and 'top' his last suprise ending. The twist in Signs wasn't anything special and it wasn't played up too much, but there were other things going on that made the ending significant.

I liked SIGNS and frankly the movie was quite scary to me. The video tape from the birthday party made me jump just like Phoenix's character.

What I like about "knight" is his understanding of "atmosphere" and his effective use of SILENCE. The Village looks like another one of his movies that's quite creepy.
Old 04-28-04, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts
I don't know about this one - I liked signs a lot but I'm kind of getting sick of the same ol' "drag, drag, drag, BOOM!! here's a decent ending" formula.

I mean I do feel that his films are flooded with great acting and amazing shots - but I'm still waiting to be freaked out more by one of his films - The Village looks like it can be the one and hopefully it is.
Old 04-28-04, 01:01 PM
Cool New Member

Is it just me or do all the cloaks they wear in the trailer make them look like little red riding hood (except in yellow) :-)
Old 04-28-04, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am intrigued by the trailer. Looks very dark, and hopefully it doesn't turn out cheesy. I really liked Sixth Sense and Signs, thought Unbreakable was just ok. I think this looks interesting though.
Old 04-29-04, 05:46 AM

I never found any of Shyamalan's movies to be even remotely scary, and his twist endings never did anything for me (because everyone ruined Sixth Sense for me before I even saw it). The reason I enjoy his movies is because they have interesting themes, interesting stories, and excellent atmosphere. I could care less about a twist ending that knocks me on my ass, as long as The Village has the atmosphere that the trailers convey, I'm there.

The coolest line is still William Hurt saying, "You are fearless in a way that I shall never know."

Last edited by beefjerky; 04-29-04 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-29-04, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Scot1458
who cares about the "twist ending"? If the movie is creepy and atmostpheric like Signs was, I'm there!
Ditto. I love M. Night's movies. I know the "twist" ending was a little hokey (but I still didn't mind it) everything else about the movie was wonderful, acting, story, etc. Very suspenseful.
Old 04-29-04, 02:31 PM

Originally posted by beefjerky
The coolest line is still William Hurt saying, "You are fearless in a way that I shall never know."
Joquin Phoenix actually says that at the end.
Old 04-29-04, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts
Originally posted by Verbal Gorilla
Joquin Phoenix actually says that at the end.
I think it's Hurt.
Old 04-29-04, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was reading that Shymalan has been so extremely secretive about this project.... I wouldn't put it past him to write up a script with a phoney 3rd act in it just to throw off internet spies. Come on....he knows people are gonna try and figure out the ending...It kinda makes sense that he would do something like that. He's a smart guy.
Old 04-30-04, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Originally posted by bdshort
I have spoiled myself by reading the talkback at AICN (a terrifying experience in itself!), and now know what the twist ending is.

I'm not sure if I want to post it here though, even in spoiler tags.
OK, I'll ask: please post it, or post where to find it (what's AICN?), please please please! I'll probably get dragged to this (don't like scary movies) and knowing something to lessen the suspense will HELP, not hurt!!
Old 04-30-04, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by shoppingbear
OK, I'll ask: please post it, or post where to find it (what's AICN?), please please please! I'll probably get dragged to this (don't like scary movies) and knowing something to lessen the suspense will HELP, not hurt!!
He posted it already in this thread shopping bear (previous pages) - but from what I saw - it didn't give anything away.
Old 04-30-04, 02:59 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
The thing Monday night...is it 7 minutes of footage from the film (like they did recently with Dawn of the Dead) or is it just a 7-minute promo? The webpage makes it sound like the latter.
Old 04-30-04, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Originally posted by Rival11
He posted it already in this thread shopping bear (previous pages) - but from what I saw - it didn't give anything away.
Yeah, I did a search, found the pages I assume he was talking about, and I was left scratching my head: lots of HINTS about what the twist was, but no actual TWIST, if I saw the same pages he did. Well, THAT helps.
Old 04-30-04, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Groucho
The thing Monday night...is it 7 minutes of footage from the film (like they did recently with Dawn of the Dead) or is it just a 7-minute promo? The webpage makes it sound like the latter.
When I heard them promoting it I assumed it was 7 1/2 minutes from the movie, similar to DotD, although I can't remember the exact wording of it.
Old 07-20-04, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Apple has posted the third trailer - It aired on tv a while back but there is a cool new (but very quick) "attack" shot thrown in:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/touchs...r_3/large.html
Old 07-21-04, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did signs have a twist? Are you sure it wasn't just an ending?

And I loved signs, it scared the crap out of me. Ill see the village the day it opens.
Old 07-21-04, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Even without the twist endings, i love M. Night movies. And people who say they're boring shouldn't watch them in the first place. They're thoughtful, well paced, and totally absorbing. That's just my opinion though.

Loved Sixth Sense. Loved Unbreakable, glad there weren't any sequels. Loved Signs.
Old 07-21-04, 11:31 AM
BT
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ditto that. Looking forward to this one too.
Old 07-21-04, 01:47 PM

This is one of the 2 movies I've been looking forward to this entire summer. Talk about love it or hate it type of movies. 3/4 of my friends hated Signs, I mean HATED it. I loved it. I love Night's ability to create mood and atmosphere.
Old 07-21-04, 05:09 PM
Suspended

Unbreakable? WTF, that's not even a horror flick. I like it a lot though.

I might catch The Village... Never seen Sixth Sense nor Signs.
Old 07-21-04, 05:28 PM

Anybody know if the ending is still the same as had been reported by various sources months back?
I know M. Night went back into the woods a month or so back with a skeleton crew and the principles for some 'pick-up shots'.

A new ending perchance? I know that's been the buzz, just wonderin' if there's any updates?
My curiosity is killin' me.....

Guess I'll have to see for myself on the 30th.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.