Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

QT Talks: Vega Brothers, no. Pulp Fiction 2, maybe.. and more!!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-03, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Grabbed this from Dark Horizons:

Quentin Tarantino gave an interview to New Zealand's Aotearoa News to promote "Kill Bill" and was asked about the status of the Vega Bros. movie which appeared dead after comments by Michael Madsen in July but may not be after all - "That's something I always planned on doing, but other projects took precedence. Ten years on, John Travolta's getting older, Michael's getting older. I don't think they'd even want to do it. Not that that's the last hope audiences have of seeing more of Vic or Vincent Vega. There's an idea I have a Pulp Fiction follow-up. Sequels generally suck, so it's nothing I want to rush into. But Bottom line the studio wants it, the fans want it. I'm sure I can compromise somewhere. It'd be my way of apologizing for never getting Vega Brothers off the ground I guess. That way, we could get John, we could get Michael, and we could get Sam and Tim...everyone back. It would be interesting to see whatever happened to Jules and his plans to 'walk the earth'. Hey, just having Michael and John in the same frame would be great. They're great. But that said, I got to write such a thing". QT is confirmed next to do the WW2 flick "Inglorious Bastards" and a potential "Kill Bill" prequel.
Old 10-14-03, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

How could Travolta return in a sequel if
Spoiler:
he died in the original
?
Old 10-14-03, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Brain Stew
Spoiler:
he died in the original
?

Good point.
Old 10-14-03, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoiler:
he died in the original
?
Flashbacks. Making him younger-looking will be the hard part.
Old 10-14-03, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Though, my guess is he would probably use Vic and Vince in flashbacks.
Old 10-14-03, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Have Jules walk the earth, then cut to the early days of the Vega brothers. A bit Godfather 2-ish, but it could work.
Old 10-14-03, 02:29 PM

NOOOOOOO....bad ideas

as much as I'm a huge tarantino fan and basically obsessed, I hate sequels and just want QT to keep comin out with fresh new ideas. These films will be so awesome if they happen, but I don't really want them to happen. Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction are my 2 favorite movies of all time, but I don't want anymore....I want those characters to remain in 2 amazing films and not go any further...i'm not sure if any of this makes sense...but it does to me....NOOOOOO
Old 10-14-03, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
Spoiler:
he died in the original
?
For that matter, so did
Spoiler:
Madsen's character in Reservoir Dogs
Old 10-14-03, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm no QT afficianado, but I know a bit more than the average fan I suppose. I always heard in regard to that, that the characters would exist in a somewhat pararell plane and their deaths in one world or story, wouldn't kill their general backstory in another tale, or something along those lines. We know Jules is smooth, Vince is a Junkie, Vic's an sadist ex-con, but just because they died doesn't mean their dead, to state it most succinctly.

If this ever gets off the ground, I'd like to see more of Mr. Pink and Winston Wolfe, and I could even stomach a Wolfe/Mr. White interaction.
Old 10-14-03, 02:56 PM

I really hope 'Pulp Fiction 2' and 'Kill Bill Vol. 0' don't happen. I mean, come on.
Old 10-14-03, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
The Vega Brothers thing has been bouncing about forever, but I think it's been said it was supposed to be a PREQUEL, not a sequel -
Old 10-14-03, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
screw the Vega Brothers. I want to see more Gecko Brothers.
Old 10-14-03, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Sierra Disc
The Vega Brothers thing has been bouncing about forever, but I think it's been said it was supposed to be a PREQUEL, not a sequel -
Yep, with the success of Dumb and Dumberer they're going to follow the Vega Bros. through their high school years.
Old 10-14-03, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
I don't want a prequel to Kill Bill, I like the story the way it is, no need to do a Star Wars on it.
Besides, the way QT works Uma, Daryl, Lucy, and Vivica will all be too old and David Carradine will be pushing up daisies by the time he finishes the script.
If they must do a prequel, let QT script it and have it be DIVAS movie entirely in anime. I'm one of the few who actually like the sequence, but what the heck!
Old 10-14-03, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Kill Bill prequel? Terrible idea. Its a good movie but he needs to move along.
Old 10-14-03, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
I want to see more Gecko Brothers.
Ya know FDTD had this great story going, these great characters that had great potential, then they end up in a vampire bar.
Old 10-14-03, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
yeah sucks. mainly I want to see more of the tattoo..
Old 10-14-03, 06:20 PM

personally I would prefer tarantino only make totally original movies, I like the idea of him doing the ww2 men on mission movie he is working on next
Old 10-14-03, 06:34 PM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
yeah sucks. mainly I want to see more of the tattoo..
"Everybody be cool, YOU be cool."

I agree with xDareDevilx in that I don't want QT to make sequels or prequels to his previous films.
Old 10-14-03, 07:33 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by ArchibaldTuttle
personally I would prefer tarantino only make totally original movies, I like the idea of him doing the ww2 men on mission movie he is working on next
That isn't an original movie either. See Enzo Castellari's INGLORIOUS BASTARDS from 1977 to see what Tarantino's ripping off next.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0076584/
Old 04-06-04, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 129 Posts
Vega bros. New release date?

I heard Tarantinos Vega Brothers (Travolta & Madson) is now postponed until Winter of 2006.

Has anybody heard different? It was suppose to be released by the end of 2005 but I keep hearing the next project is going to be Glorious Bastards with Adam Sandler.

Before you ask I'll tell you, I can't remember where I read this and it's driving me crazy!!! I just remember the dates and titles!!!

Thanks
Old 04-06-04, 09:19 AM

I've heard that both of these movies are pretty much in development Hell, and probably won't see the light of day... although Glorious Bastards does have a chance, I'd tend to doubt Vega Brothers coming out.
Old 04-06-04, 09:22 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I have serious doubts about The Vega Brothers myself. If it does get made, Madsen and Travolta won't be the leads.

Also, it's Inglorious Bastards.
Old 04-06-04, 09:37 AM

Don't get your hopes up. There's no evidence that there's a production deal in place for either of those movies.

My rule of thumb: don't assume any movie is coming out until you hear it's started filming. This has been very helpful in maintaining my sanity about Indy 4.
Old 04-06-04, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hello, and welcome to 2002!

The Vega Brothers is no longer happening. Tarantino liked the idea but noy says the actors are too old; he even had to set Michael Madsen straight about it recently, when Madsen jokingly asked about it at the San Diego Comic Con.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.