Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Captain America "cameo" in Spider Man?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Captain America "cameo" in Spider Man?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-03, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by calhoun07
I am willing to bet that Marvel has a trademark on that terminology and that it wasn't a coincidence. Not to mention that somebody already confirmed that the trivia track on the DVD confirms this is a reference to Captain America.
Looks like Marvel (UK branch) did have it trademarked. At least the words super soldiers. However, the trademark expired in 2000.

From TESS
Word Mark SUPER SOLDIERS
Goods and Services (CANCELLED) IC 016. US 038. G & S: publications; namely, comic books and magazines and stories in illustrated form. FIRST USE: 19930222. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19930222
Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number 74370364
Filing Date March 19, 1993
Published for Opposition August 31, 1993
Registration Number 1806087
Registration Date November 23, 1993
Owner (REGISTRANT) Marvel Comics Ltd. CORPORATION UNITED KINGDOM Arundel House 13/15 Arundel Street London WC2R 3DX ENGLAND
Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED
Attorney of Record Gary Gittelsohn
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator DEAD
Cancellation Date December 15, 2000
Old 08-26-03, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Big Boy Laroux
since you guys seem to know your captain america...

i was watching x-men:evolution last night, and it was all about how wolverine worked with captain america back in world war 2... is this something from the comics?
Yes there was a storyline during the Jim Lee era of the X-men in the mid nineties that had Cap and Wolverine fighting side by side during WWII. Supposedly, Wolverines super-human regenerative powers really slow his aging down making his true age impossible to guess. It has been 10 years since I read the book but I believe that this is still canon. I don't know about the breaking the claw thing. Also, Cap's shield is similar to Adamantium but not neccesarily true adamantium. It was created during the 40's (WWII) accidently in a lab with iron alloys another mythical Marvel Comics metal, Vibranium and "Factor X". No one knows what Factor X (either material or process?)is and it has not been replicated. Adamantium was created in an attempt to recreate Cap's shield. Ok now you know much more than you wanted to know. Can you figure out what my other hobby was before I started collecting DVDs?
Old 08-27-03, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
i can only guess...

i read x-men back in the day, and know about wolverine's age thing (can't really tell how old he is), but just didn't know the captain america storyline. pretty neat. i thought it was funny that wolverine was fighting with the canadian special forces. canada has special forces? canada has any forces?
Old 08-27-03, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Super Solider is the thing the Goblin blows up..its not Cpatain America
Old 08-27-03, 07:24 PM

Originally posted by chente
I don't know about the breaking the claw thing.... Can you figure out what my other hobby was before I started collecting DVDs?
I remeber a Captain America annual with a Mike Zeck cover, that had Wolverine and Cap going at it. I don't have that issuse, but maybe the claw thing was in there.

Uhh I don't know were you a gardener? : )