Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

"A Decade Under the Influence" IFC/DVD question

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-03, 12:16 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I just noted in Premier Magazine that IFC is showing this movie in mid August - as a three part series. Since my computer is having problems navigating around IFC's website, I was curious if anyone know's what the docu's running time is? It looks like an expanded three hour version of the film, since the theatrical cut as denoted by IMDB was 108 minutes. For those who don't get IFC, the DVD is scheduled for a Sept. 30 release.
Old 08-12-03, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are scheduled in three separate one-hour segments, but I don't know total actual running times.

Part One 8/20,8pm,11pm,2am
Part Two 8/21,8pm,11pm,2am
Part Three 8/22,8pm,11pm,2am
Old 08-12-03, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From Docurama's website:

"Released theatrically earlier this year, A DECADE UNDER THE INFLUENCE will air as part of a three-part television series event on IFC on August 20, 21, and 22 with each broadcast followed by a film from the era. We will release the full 3-hour version on DVD September 30th. The DVD will include a number of interviews not included in the broadcast or theatrical versions, including commentary by Roy Scheider, Peter Bogdanovich, and Sidney Lumet."
Old 03-27-04, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, I was HUGELY dissappointed with this one. Totally overhyped and overrated film, sadly falling in line with much of the late Mr. Demme's work. Just a completely pedestrian, and uninsightful documentary, and it seemed as if they highlighted "Easy Riders and Raging Bulls" and went out and interviewed accordingly, frequently picking up duplicate stories. I expected something much more of this, they had access to some great people and some great footage, and I was so ready to love it and if just fell flat.

Anyone else catch it? I just saw the DVD.