Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Question about Dead and Buried (spoilers?)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 08-10-03, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw part of a film on HBO when I was a horny adolescent (our family was staying at a relative's house) and it gave me nightmares for a good while afterwards. After reading the review for Dead and Buried, it made me wonder if this is the film.

The scene I remember is a woman taking a guy on a boat and stripping for him (he might have photographed her,) but then a group of people started killing him (boat hooks, etc.) while others were in the rigging taking pictures. I think they had him almost in a upside down crucifixion pose, and set him on fire.
The part that gave me the nightmares is next: When the sherriff was examining the body the next morning, he touched the jaw, which fell open and the corpse screamed (air trapped in the lungs?)

Was this in fact, Dead and Buried, if I have the title right? This is the new dvd release from Blue Underground in a 2-disc limited edition.
Old 08-10-03, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes it is, I just saw it at my friend's house and it held up well after all these years.
Old 08-10-03, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes. That is Dead & Buried!