Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Terminator Will Return Even if Schwarzenegger Wins

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-03, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts

http://reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml...toryID=3250332

Aug 9, 11:55 am ET

BERLIN (Reuters) - German producers who backed the Arnold Schwarzenegger sci-fi thriller "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines" said on Saturday there could be another sequel even if he succeeds in becoming governor of California.
"If we come up with a good story, there will be a fourth Terminator -- with or without Arnold," Moritz Bormann, CEO of the Munich-based Internationalmedia, told Welt am Sonntag newspaper.

Schwarzenegger, muscle-bound star of "Conan the Barbarian" and "Total Recall," exploded into the race to unseat embattled California governor Gray Davis during an appearance on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" this week and is leading the polls.

In an interview released ahead of publication on Sunday, Bormann said he had discussed Schwarzenegger's political ambitions with him during the filming of Terminator 3 and had thought of alternatives should Schwarzenegger win the election.

Another actor could play the opposing figure to the evil female cyborg figure featured in T3 or Schwarzenegger could make his appearances in flashback scenes.

Schwarzenegger, a Republican, has received backing from President Bush. He says he plans to "clean up" the state's capitol in Sacramento, where he said special interests have too much influence over the Democrat-controlled legislature.

Without Arnold there is no Terminator franchise.
Old 08-09-03, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally a terminator movie that isn't about a robot chasing a human.
Old 08-09-03, 01:26 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Maybe Ralf Moeller can finally get work again!
Old 08-09-03, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, having Arnold in it wouldn't make much sense if they had a fourth film that was set in the future. Presumably they would show the humans finally beating the computers and, at that point in time, Arnold's model would be outdated. If they did use it, it would simply be the exoskeleton that they've shown stepping on skulls and the like in the future.
Old 08-09-03, 02:37 PM
Banned

Originally posted by yecul
Well, having Arnold in it wouldn't make much sense if they had a fourth film that was set in the future. Presumably they would show the humans finally beating the computers and, at that point in time, Arnold's model would be outdated. If they did use it, it would simply be the exoskeleton that they've shown stepping on skulls and the like in the future.
Yeah but it was talked about in T3 that Arnie kills John Connor in the future, so basically they could have it where Arnie shows up and all the soldiers think he's on the good side and lead him to John and then BANG! I think they still need Arnie even in a future movie.
Old 08-09-03, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Nah, they’ll just use actual footage from Arnold’s campaign. In T4, Conner sends the robot back to change the system from within.
Old 08-09-03, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No Arnold, no Terminator.
Old 08-09-03, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by audrey
Nah, they’ll just use actual footage from Arnold’s campaign. In T4, Conner sends the robot back to change the system from within.
Old 08-09-03, 05:31 PM
Banned

Originally posted by zuffy
No Arnold, no Terminator.
I have to agree on that. No Arnold=No Terminator. First of all, The Terminator lost alot things such as,

-Edward Furlong (I still think he shoulda played John in T3)
-Linda Hamilton (I really didn't miss her much in T3 but probley shoulda had her alive for T3 but then have the T-X kill her in T3.

I'm not sure if this is true or not but Arnold had only 78 words in T3 so I know for a fact he had WAY more in T2. I truely missed the score in T3. T3 wasnt as serious as T1 or T2 in general until it got to the end of T3. The T-X wasnt scary compared to the T-1000. T3 also threw out that we cant decide are future which T1 and T2 said you can decide you future.

So as you can see, we lost alot of the cool things in T3 and what we have left is only Arnold. As much as I loved T3, it still couldve been improved by alot.
Old 08-09-03, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 08-09-03, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Good. They can take the $30 million or more that Arnold would've charged and use it towards more action scenes and a bunch of cool actors. Besides, as great shape as he is in, Arnold is getting a bit too old to play a machine that's supposed to look like he did in 1984.
Old 08-09-03, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

[Supreme Sean] I think they should replace Arnold with Paul Walker. Paul Walker should be the govenor of California also.[/Supreme Sean]
Old 08-09-03, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't even think there should be a Terminator 4. But I don't see how it would be a Terminator film without Arnold.
Old 08-19-03, 03:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

www.welovearnold.com
Old 08-19-03, 09:14 AM
Suspended

Screw Terminator - I wanna see King Conan! If only that would get off the ground. . . .
Old 08-19-03, 09:17 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
The Governator?
Old 08-19-03, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

hmmm, good point Kabong. but who would you have direct it?