Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Ben and J-Lo promise to never make another movie together (aka Proof That God Exists)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Ben and J-Lo promise to never make another movie together (aka Proof That God Exists)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-03, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From http://us.imdb.com/PeopleNews/#2

J.Lo and Affleck: We Will Never Work Together Again

Superstar couple Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez are so distraught at the critical backlash to their movie Gigli that they have vowed never to work together again. Sources close to the twosome - who met and fell in love on the set of the gangster comedy - say that although in public they have defended the flick, behind closed doors Latina lovely J.Lo is very upset at the bad press. And the sexy pair believe their incredible fame and the gossip surrounding their upcoming marriage doomed the movie to failure before it was released. A source says, "Ben's brushing it off but J.Lo's taking it personally. They've admitted their relationship is more of a hindrance than a boost to a movie." However, fans will get one more chance to see them sizzle on screen together in Kevin Smith's upcoming movie Jersey Girl, which will be released in February.

See...some prayers CAN be answered.
Old 07-30-03, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hahaha
Old 07-30-03, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Now, will J-Lo go the extra step and promise never to make another movie period...
Old 07-30-03, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Now if Larry and Andy Wachowski promise never to write again..
Old 07-30-03, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't take any "vows" from Jennifer Lopez too seriously since she's working on her third marriage.
Old 07-30-03, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Meatpants
I can't take any "vows" from Jennifer Lopez too seriously since she's working on her third marriage.
Good point.
Old 07-30-03, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Hmmmm. I want to see Gigli. No idea how it will turn out, but I'm hoping for something like The Mexican, or Out of Sign. A romantic film, with a little violence and a lot of stylish direction.

I'm doubtful, but still want to see it. And I think that the movie is doomed because violent, stylish, romantic films don't seem to be too popular. Look at Out of Sight, and The Mexican. Both faded away quickly, and only made $35M or so at the box office.
Old 07-30-03, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't think it's very fair to compare Out of Sight with either The Mexican or Gigli.

That's a terrible disservice to a great movie.
Old 07-30-03, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I still think Jersey Girl will be good.
Old 07-30-03, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Meatpants

My sentiments exactly. I still give their marriage less than a year(if it even happens at all).
Old 07-30-03, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts
Jello is a no talent and Affleck is a tool. I mean, what the hell were they thinking when they read that script? That they are so adorable together they could make anything work!? PLEASE let this finish them both off.
Old 07-30-03, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If Gigli makes money, she'll be interviewed 2 months down the road saying she doesn't understand where these rumours come from.
Old 07-30-03, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good Lord! These two have huge egos! J. Lo thinks the film's bad reviews are because of the gossip about their relationship? THEY are the ones granting all the interviews....what publicity whores.

Funny, the gossip around Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward's romance did not hurt "The Long Hot Summer".

I would be thrilled if J. Lo and Ben would take their millions and disappear.
Old 07-30-03, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wait a minute... I just realized. This means the rumored Ben-J-Lo remake of Casablanca is definitely dead! Woohoo!
Old 07-30-03, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

A hollywood promise---now there's something you can take to the bank
Old 07-30-03, 03:16 PM
Uber Member

Originally posted by LiquidSky
Good Lord! These two have huge egos! J. Lo thinks the film's bad reviews are because of the gossip about their relationship? THEY are the ones granting all the interviews....what publicity whores.

Funny, the gossip around Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward's romance did not hurt "The Long Hot Summer".

I would be thrilled if J. Lo and Ben would take their millions and disappear.
Well, in all fairness I'm pretty sure a lot of people pre-judge films based on the actors in them, and Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck have certainly been getting a lot of negative buzz lately (well, at least here in this forum ). Moreover, I think comparing the media sensation that is "Bennifer" (I love that one) to Newman and Woodward's situation is like comparing apples and oranges. Entertainment news was no where near as prevalent back then, nor were stars relationships hyped at any thing like the level we see today.

I for one, however, would like to know where IMDB gets its news from. I never see any bylines on these things. I mean, is it just me, or does anyone else think they're just making up some of the stuff they post?
Old 07-30-03, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Numanoid
Wait a minute... I just realized. This means the rumored Ben-J-Lo remake of Casablanca is definitely dead! Woohoo!
Thats the first thing i thought of too. WHEW! Thank God.

*But just wait.. Hollywood will find some way to piss on Casablanca.
Old 07-30-03, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Ben and J-Lo promise to never make another movie together (aka Proof That God Exists)

Originally posted by IMDb.com
Superstar couple Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez are so distraught at the critical backlash to their movie Gigli that they have vowed never to work together again. Sources close to the twosome - who met and fell in love on the set of the gangster comedy - say that although in public they have defended the flick, behind closed doors Latina lovely J.Lo is very upset at the bad press. And the sexy pair believe their incredible fame and the gossip surrounding their upcoming marriage doomed the movie to failure before it was released. A source says, "Ben's brushing it off but J.Lo's taking it personally. They've admitted their relationship is more of a hindrance than a boost to a movie." However, fans will get one more chance to see them sizzle on screen together in Kevin Smith's upcoming movie Jersey Girl, which will be released in February.
Who writes this crap?
Old 07-30-03, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

now, i can feel good for having a religion

Old 07-30-03, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I can see where she's coming from if that news is true. Just looking at the posts on this forum is proof of that. Anyway, i like both actors to a certain extent, and while i won't see Gigli i'm certainly interested in Jersey Girl.
Old 07-30-03, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Bennifer would be better off dead.
Old 07-31-03, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Numanoid

Is she serious? Perhaps J Lo might want to consider the possibility that the bad press isn't a backlash over her porkin Ben, but a result of the movie totally sucking. But then she'd have to confront the fact that she can't act....which that haughty bitch isn't about to do....

nevertheless....this is great news indeed....
Old 07-31-03, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Perhaps Ben affleck will only play wise cracking cartoonists who fail to end up with wacky, sexy lesbian cartoonists.

And

J-Lo will only play in films with large carnivorous snakes who cleverly avoid eating her for fear of getting j-lo ass stuck in them kinds of movies.

This would make me happy, too.

Gigli and jersey girl are dead to me. They don't exist.
Old 07-31-03, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
It is funny, seeing the Gigli preview in theaters, the audience laughed every time Affleck spoke in that goofy accent. Then I saw a newer preview on tv the other day and he is barely in the preview at all, maybe one line. The studio may be wising up to the fact that they have a big dud.

Jersey Girl will be good, but not because Bennifer is in it. It will be because of the script.

I for one don't mind Affleck. But J.lo has got to go.
Old 07-31-03, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think Affleck can be a good actor, I just think he has no standards on picking his roles. I thought he was pretty good in Changing Lanes, and the already mentioned Kevin Smith affairs. I'm sure he's already got bank, perhaps somebody should tell him to stop taking every role he's offered.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.