Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-03, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by RoboDad
Well, that's just great. You have just succeeded in ruining the entire LOTR franchise for me. I now have a vision permanently stuck in my head of Aragorn, in jeans and t-shirt, carrying a shotgun, striding up to the Black Gate, yelling "THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!"
ROTFLMAO

In response to everybody's effects questions I read somewhere that Cinesite is the effects house for the 3rd one. They did some work on Chamber as well as Fellowship and were the primary house for the 1st Tomb Raider.
Old 08-03-03, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts
Thanks for the info DVDGUY!! I'm really pleased to hear this. I thought the scenes in the first one with Quidditch and the troll were some of the worst I've seen. I guess WB knows it'll make money, so they need to invest more money in better companies. However, it's possibly that this Cinesite was busy w/ the first two LotR films and couldn't committ to Potter.
Old 08-04-03, 09:19 PM

I agree...the effects in the 1st one were horrible. They were rushed and done by Sony Imageworks...I have never been a fan of theirs. ILM was the primary house for Chamber but they outsourced some of the shots to Cinesite. For LOTR Weta Digital was the primary effects house but also outsourced some of the work to Cinesite. I do not know which scenes for Two Towers but in Fellowship Cinesite did the scene where Arwen is in the river facing the black riders and...well you know what happens next.
Old 08-05-03, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts
I'm not really sure if this is something they'd do or not (if I'm even correct), but I could have sworn the super huge pumpkins were in book two. However, they were nowhere to be seen in the COS film. Yet, when I was looking through pictures from the set of PoA I could have sworn I saw Hagrid walking with Hermione through a pumpkin patch.

Did they transplant a scene, or do I just have my books mixed up?
Old 08-05-03, 11:54 AM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Even though many adults enjoy potter, this does not make any sense on a studio standpoint. Tag on a PG family friendly trailer to a Rated R film? nope sir, not gonna happen. first of all this will want to make the trailer a theater draw for a film that is either not as strong or what they will feel is a strong box office draw film. they do not relate the Harry Potter majority fan base with the fan base of the matrix.
They'll probably put the trailer on that Brendan Frasier/Looney Toons film that is coming out this Christmas...
Old 08-05-03, 03:07 PM
Banned

My Choices

Personally I pcitured Joseph Finnes playing the part of Professor Lupin. he just has this aura about him. I aslo think that Derek Jacobi would have been great playing Sirius Black.
Old 08-05-03, 10:22 PM

Originally posted by Superman07
when I was looking through pictures from the set of PoA I could have sworn I saw Hagrid walking with Hermione through a pumpkin patch.
I cannot recall what book the large pumpkins are in but Hagrid and the kids do spend quite a bit if time in his Pumpkin patch in the 3rd book. I hope I do not I have to tell anyone posting in this thread why soo much time is spent there.