Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

"The Passion" Trailer

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

"The Passion" Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-03, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I find this sad," said ADL National Director Abraham Foxman, who hasn't been permitted to see the movie. "I'm a man who thinks what I spew is important, but since no one is taking my bait, trashing a movie I haven't seen yet is the only way to get my name in the news. Since MY opinion matters greatly and Mel owes me SO MUCH, my demand still stands: I want to see the movie, and if it turns out I was wrong, I'll be the first to say so. But, of course, since I love publicity, even if I find nothing offensive about the movie I'll trash it publicly anyways."
Old 07-24-03, 08:15 PM

yeah, everyone panned Gods and Generals. It only has 9% on Rotten Tomatoes.
Liberals and Athiests are attacking this movie? Huh? I don't believe in any of this "Bible" stuff but I think the film looks great from the trailer and hope to be proven right after I see the whole film.
Old 07-24-03, 09:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Cottington
The trailer for 'The Passion' irritated me for many reasons. First, EVERYONE is white! Is there no concept of realism in Hollywood? I agree that this was perhaps done to make the film more marketable but I was at least looking for one movie where Jesus was played by an actor who looked like he could be from that part of the world, not pale skinned Irish lads with American accents!! I truly despise Mel Gibson's 'directing talents' but maybe he'll step up here. The lead actor is very underrated but all 'white boy' and that totally goes against the nature of the true story. Is there anyone who agrees? I am one of the few people who think that the entire 'Star Wars' series has only served to reinforce racial stereotypes and preconceived notions (the whole white versus black thing was taken to an alltime high in that series), and this new "The Passion" seems to suffer the same casting problems. I think Mel Gibson will succeed either way if people love or hate this movie to extremes. But if people are going to be indifferent toward it, then hes lost. And using music by Peter Gabriel who composed the soundtrack to the masterwork 'The Last Temptation of Christ' does NOT do the film any favors. That track should have stayed on the "Rabbit Proof Fence" soundtrack.
You do know that in your "mastework" THE LAST TEMPTATION, Jesus was played by a white man right? At least I think William Da Foe is white.

Seems you have some other issues at the moment...
Old 07-25-03, 10:25 AM
Banned

Why would Liberals and Athiests attack this film?
Unless they really do believe deep inside that the movie is true and don't want the truth out.
Kind of what we see in politics and liberals.
Old 08-05-03, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

4 minutes of "The Passion" is online @

http://www.harvest.org/special/index.php/1/2/6.html

Added: The quality isnt that great, but Mel Gibson introduces the clip.. it's basically an extended version of the trailer with some new parts of the movie shown...

Last edited by Kicker_of_Elves; 08-05-03 at 08:04 AM.
Old 08-05-03, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by kicker_of_elves
4 minutes of "The Passion" is online @

http://www.harvest.org/special/index.php/1/2/6.html
Thanks!

Although it's pretty much just the same trailer, there are a few more scenes. I'm getting really psyched for this film, it looks fantastic.
Old 08-05-03, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Doh ya beat me to my edit lol
Old 08-05-03, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn...this is really going to be painful to watch...