Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Original Planet of the Apes (spoilers contained)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-03, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So my g/f and I were just watching the end of the original Planet of the Apes, and we still have an ongoing discussion/argument about the ending, and I would like to get some other opinions on it.

After the destruction of the cave, Heston sees the Statue of Liberty and says something to the effect of "Damn you! You blew it up!"

NOW, is he talking about the humans who destroyed the world, or is he talking about the apes who have closed up the cave therefore destroying any evidence that may link the apes back to the human?

Before anyone answers, let me just say that neither of us has seen ANY of the sequels, so if these questions are answered later then I apologize. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Okay, I came down to post this before actually watching the ending again, and I have come to the conclusion that he is indeed talking about the humans b/c he didn't know the apes blew the cave up. In other words, her theory was right.

Oh, well...feel free to post any other thoughts here anyway.

Last edited by reubs82; 07-04-03 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-04-03, 09:37 PM

Hes talking about the humans who destroyed the world. How could he be talking about the apes. The apes dont even have anoth brains to make a paper air plane.
Old 07-04-03, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by SERPICO7
Hes talking about the humans who destroyed the world. How could he be talking about the apes. The apes dont even have anoth brains to make a paper air plane.
shoot, I don't have anoth brains to make a paper air plane, whatever that means.
Old 07-04-03, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

[Homer Simpson] I'll handle this....... the only danger in space is if we land on the terrible Planet of the Apes..................... wait a minute....................... Statue of Liberty........................... THAT WAS OUR PLANET! YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL! [/ Homer Simpson]
Old 07-05-03, 07:44 PM

Originally posted by Dabaomb
shoot, I don't have anoth brains to make a paper air plane, whatever that means.
Theres in scene in planet of the apes where taylor makes a paper airplane and shows the apes how it works. The apes look at the airplane like its the most awesome thing they ever scene. The point I was trying too make is that the apes could have never destroyed earth. When taylor says dame you all too hell in front of the statue of liberty, hes refering too to his fellow humans who destroyed the earth in some type of nuclear holocaust 2000+ years ago. It's all explained in battle for the planet of the apes.