Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Is it fair to compare T3 to Matrix Reloaded..? [& Vice-versa]

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-03, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Over half the posts i've read about T3 mention Matrix Reloaded [or start with a headache inducing time travel paradox theory ].

Just wondering..
Old 07-04-03, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I guess so...considering both of them have the basis of Man v. Machine.

I compare them, but not in a critical way, I don't try to think of one as being better than the other. I just like how they managed to make a difference in how the machines took over.

I won't discuss that stuff here, no need to.
Old 07-04-03, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They seem totally different to me.
Old 07-04-03, 03:42 AM

Even though they're similar in the maxhine vs. man thing, I think they're two very different movies with different goals and can easily cater to different people. IMO they shouldn't be compared.
Old 07-04-03, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
If you compare them with which is the better summer movie this year than thats understandable. But I don't see the point in breaking the two down and comparing them.
Old 07-04-03, 12:43 PM
Banned

Well now that Warner owns both franchises, T3 leads into The Matrix.
Old 07-04-03, 01:28 PM
Suspended

The only comparison I care about is what is the movie I enjoyed the most for me so far this summer and that would be T3. But Im not gonna trash Matrix because I also enjoyed that as well.
Old 07-04-03, 02:10 PM

I agree with the majority that the only way you can compare them is in the context of better movie this summer. I think Reloaded was slightly better but that is all I am going to say as I highly enjoyed T3 and Reloaded.
Old 07-04-03, 02:31 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone can compare any two movies on the basis of which they liked more.

Other comparisons for most movies like which movie is better or pointless and really nothing more than eltists trying to make their opinions seem more important everyone elses.

This case is something of an exception as both movies deal with machines taking over the world, so that opens the door for more comparison/discussion.
Old 07-05-03, 11:16 AM

Not fair to compare. Although you might find similarities in theme etc......in the final analysis they are just 2 different films. However, I might add they are both well made and entertaining and see them as such and nothing more....
Old 07-05-03, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It doesn't seem fairness keeps anyone from comparing LOTR vs. Star Wars vs. Spider-Man vs. X-Men vs. the Matrix vs. the Hulk vs. Finding Nemo vs. Charlie's Angels vs. T3.
Old 07-05-03, 01:44 PM

OK, so since we all decided that whatever I say would be the final word on this, I'm gonna have to go ahead and say that it's...... hmmm, yeah, its FAIR. I repeat, it's FAIR. wow, that was exciting. Why did I say it was FAIR you ask? Well, why does a pickle stay in a jar when it is placed there? EXACTLY, see, it all makes sense now. Ya dig?
Old 07-05-03, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't see why everyone feels it's not fair to compare the 2. BOTH movies revolve around the plot of machines taking over & ruling the world. BOTH movies have strong sci-fi elements, BOTH movies take place in a post-apocalyptic future, & BOTH movies feature a reluctant hero that is the key to saving the word. So exaplain to me again, why it's not fair to compare these to movies. Everyone compares Equillibrium to the Matrix, & aside from faving guns & being in the future, I don't see any similarities between the two.

And for my money, Terminator blows away the Matrix, & T3 was about a million times better than the emotionless, cartoon that was Reloaded.