Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Trilogy that you are most looking forward to the concluding chapter of?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: What trilogy are you most looking forward to the concluding chapter of?
The Matrix Revolutions
19.86%
Star Wars Ep III
26.71%
The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
53.42%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Trilogy that you are most looking forward to the concluding chapter of?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-03, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
By far Revolutions. I know it's the 'cool' online thing to hate on the matrix now, but I for one loved Reloaded. I think I'm the only person who actually loved the rave scene too. It showed how different human beings were from the machines (having sex, dancing, celebrating, sweating). I can't wait to see how it all ends in November. RotK is definitely a close second. I loved the first two.
Old 07-28-03, 07:25 PM

Originally posted by Der Krieger1979
By far Revolutions. I know it's the 'cool' online thing to hate on the matrix now, but I for one loved Reloaded. I think I'm the only person who actually loved the rave scene too. It showed how different human beings were from the machines (having sex, dancing, celebrating, sweating). I can't wait to see how it all ends in November. RotK is definitely a close second. I loved the first two.
I have to admit... I am even more looking forward to Matrix... (although ROTK is still my no.1) because I just finished the game and I have seen alll or the Animatrirx episodes... and these two things have helped to fill in some of the holes left in Reloaded... I can't wait to see how they tie up all the loose ends.
Old 07-28-03, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
I'm looking forward to all three, but I expect LOTR to be the best (based on the past two) followed by the Matrix (based more on the last one than the first one) with Star Wars way behind (based on the last two) so the one I'm most looking forward to seeing is LOTR, since I'd rather see a good movie than a not-so-good movie.

Really, if I hadn't been a pretty big fan of the first two Star Wars movies (aka Eps IV and V), and seen all of them, I probably wouldn't even bother with the final Star Wars.
Old 07-29-03, 07:06 PM

come on... we just need one more vote to break 100... bump!
Old 07-29-03, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

ROTK!Nothing else comes close
Old 07-29-03, 07:26 PM

Originally posted by Kumar J
ROTK!Nothing else comes close
yess!!! you are our 100th customer... you win Rice-o-roni... the SanFrancisco Treat (not to be confused with Ghastly Real Estate prices.... the Other SanFrancisco Treat)
Old 07-29-03, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Return of the King. Most definitely.
Old 07-30-03, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This was a tough one, but I voted for Matrix Revolutions. I think it's a bit disadvantaged in this poll given the short wait time for the final episode and the complexity of Reloaded. I also loved Reloaded in spite of a few (in my view) minor flaws. Bottom line is that right now I have more questions than answers and can't wait to see how it wraps up.

RotK is my favorite section of LotR, and given the fact that the first two were f'ing brilliant, I have tremendous faith in PJ at this point. The bottom line, though, is that I know what happens and have a pretty good idea how it will look on screen. Hell, I'm more looking forward to the TTT DVD than I am to seeing RotK in a theater.

Star Wars is barely registering for me at this point. I can't really justify why, but I'm fairly indifferent. It might be that I generally know the outcome, and it might be that it's simply far enough away that I'm not thinking about it yet. I'll see it on opening day, though.

I enjoyed T3 and didn't expect to at all...go figure.
Old 07-30-03, 12:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
There was a time when completing the SW flicks was one of the biggest parts of my film geekdom. Those movies meant so much. Nowadays, rather than look forward to new SW movies, I just "hope for the best".

But with LOTR, I am beyond excited. ROTK may ruin cinema for me. After I see that, I may stop watching new films altogether.
Old 09-29-03, 04:28 PM

Ok... gotta bump this thread up since both Lord of the Rings and Matrix have new trailers... I think at this point with about a month to go on those two... I would have to say for me... they are a dead heat! And Star Wars is dead last...
Old 09-29-03, 04:34 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Well, to be fair there's not a lot of buzz around Star Wars since it comes out over a year after the other two films.
Old 09-29-03, 05:03 PM

ROTK, 'cuz I *know* it will be good. The other two ... not so much.
Old 09-29-03, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally posted by Lono
Ok... gotta bump this thread up since both Lord of the Rings and Matrix have new trailers... I think at this point with about a month to go on those two... I would have to say for me... they are a dead heat!
Matrix Revolutions is looking really good. Action packed, but not just endless bullet-time (which was overused in Reloaded). I was underwhelmed by Reloaded, but I am still very curious how the whole thing will end.

ROTK looks infreakincredible! I cannot wait until December 17!
Old 09-29-03, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I cant wait Return Of The King is released, because I wont have to hear how much better its gonna be than any movie ever made again. After that I'm looking forward to a month or 2 after the final say ultra extended uber edition of ROTK on DVD is released so I never have to hear how great and awe inspiring Lord of The Rings is.
Old 09-29-03, 07:51 PM

Originally posted by Groucho
Well, to be fair there's not a lot of buzz around Star Wars since it comes out over a year after the other two films.
True... but personally (without this turning into just another cap on Lucas thread) I was disappointed with Episode 1 and 2... and while I am looking forward to seeing the whole thing tied up in a neat little package... I am looking much more forward to the other two films.
Old 09-29-03, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'd have to say ROTK, but to be fair, I'm going to see all of them and I'm looking forward to all of them.

However, I think that ROTK has the best chance of being a good movie, whereas SWIII and Revolutions seem to be setting me up to be dissapointed.

Hopefully I'll be wrong, and all three will be awesome.

birrman54
Old 09-30-03, 05:22 PM
Rest in Peace

Lono

How about Eddie and the Cruisers 3, one that is impossible is Frankenstein 1931, Colin Clive who Played Dr. Henry Frankenstein died 2 years after 'Bride' in 1937 he had been born in 1898. Another one that can't be 'tripulated' is Predator 3 for the man that fit the 'suit' Kevin Peter Hall died of A.I.D.S.

P.S. Is 'tripulated' a word or a net respelled word, to make it clear for a Triology?
Old 09-30-03, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by joeydaninja
I guess Episode 3, no matter how crappy a director George Lucas is right now, I still want to know how it ends.
Spoiler:
Breaking news! Anakin Skywalker to become Darth Vader! More details to be released in the year 1979.

- David Stein
Old 09-30-03, 08:13 PM

Originally posted by sfsdfd
Spoiler:
Breaking news! Anakin Skywalker to become Darth Vader! More details to be released in the year 1979.

- David Stein
funny... that's pretty much what I said...