Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

knockaround guys: thoughts?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-03, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know this is late but man i just saw this. what a great blind buy! i think my best yet!

it was kind of short but it was well made - they didnt waste any film time. the movie moved well. great acting. whoever played matty - very nice!

john malkovic was great as were vin diesal and seth green (2 of my fav actors and a reason i wanted to see this).

the one part i hated was
Spoiler:
when they shot marbles but looking back i guess it showed how rough the mob can be...they dont take no s**t from no body!

the end kinda reminded me of
Spoiler:
reservoir dogs
too.
Old 06-20-03, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I seen this at the theatre and really enjoyed it, too. I really thought the cast had great chemistry with each other. Barry Pepper showed great range;I like him in all of his films, except Battlefield Earth (but that wasn't his fault). I know a lot a dvdtalkers don't like Vin Diesel, but I do, and he can act when given a good enough script, like here. John Malcovich once again was phenomenal. I can't forget to mention Seth Green. He was the reason I went to see Italian Job.
I really don't know why this film didn't do anything at the B.O.? Many things contribute to a lack of success, like timing, marketing, or weekend of release has a hyped film releasing with it. Ebert and Roeper gave it two thumbs up, I'd give it a "B", and I own the dvd. Great all aroung gangster film.
Old 06-20-03, 11:01 AM
dgc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I agree, this was my best blind buy for 2003 so far.

I think I read some where that this film got shelved for a while and lost promotional/marketing steam.
Old 06-20-03, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wasn't as enthralled by it as you guys. I thought it was an enjoyable movie, but there was just something annoying about it at the same time. I really liked Seth Green in it, but I didn't care for the 'main' actor at all - don't know his name off hand. Overall I'd give it a C, not something I'd want to watch again.