Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Any script ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-03, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any script ideas?

I feel like writing a movie script. Who knows, I might even try to sell it

Does anyone have any ideas for a movie? Any themes, plots, etc?

If you know you won't ever write it anyhow, you might as well tell me what the idea is.

So, any ideas for any movies?
Old 06-13-03, 11:30 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I have an idea for a scene where our hero is chasing the bad guy, and the hero is on horseback and the bad guy is on a motorcycle. Its kinda of like a conflict between technology and not. Also, the hero is the bad guy he has split personalities.
Old 06-13-03, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You know I actually kind of meant this seriously.

Please, only serious movie ideas.
Old 06-13-03, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 729 Likes on 532 Posts
:crickets:
Old 06-13-03, 12:09 PM

Re: Any script ideas?

Originally posted by Parcher
I feel like writing a movie script. Who knows, I might even try to sell it

Does anyone have any ideas for a movie? Any themes, plots, etc?

If you know you won't ever write it anyhow, you might as well tell me what the idea is.

So, any ideas for any movies?
Nice to see George Lucas has joined the forum and is looking for something to do after his Star Wars Gravy Train runs dry...
Old 06-13-03, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't post much here, but this seems like something worthy of posting. I'm not sure if it's original, and i'm sorry if some how i subconsciously copied it. It reminds me of a twilight zone. I think it has potential just not with me. It seems kind of like a timetravel/sci-fi/superhero sort of thing, maybe. Anyway here it is:

A person has this power that he was born with where he can see into parallel universes, and eventually as he gets older and more focused he can travel into them. He discovers that some parallel universes are different points of his universes history. So he decides to try to affect the world around him, and at first he is successful, but then he does something and someone close to him is killed or something like that. So he decides to go into another universe where that person never died or whatever .But this world eventually gets destroyed and he realizes he did the right thing for his home world even if his life was destroyed and he goes back and he becomes a sort of superhero. I guess it would end there. You might think about making a women it might be more interesting.

Oh yea him traveling and viewing these other universes would be shown by either light cutting into the scene or by different colors tinted or both. Like a scene might be cut in two with one half yellow and the other half normal. Or whatever really.
You know do whatever with it, if you're serious.
Old 06-13-03, 12:13 PM
Banned

Well, for one its not good to go about wanting to write a screenplay without any ideas. PT Anderson said he wrote Sydney by opening with 2 characters in a diner and then seeing how it would go from there.
Old 06-13-03, 12:53 PM

What kind of movie are you interested in? Drama, war, horror, comedy?

The lost colony at Roanoke Island. The story almost writes itself except that it was never finished...so you'd have to come up with some believable conclusion of what happened to the settlers. Budget could be huge so you'd need a solid script.

Battle At Thermopylae

Some movie about Hell. Maybe a retelling or modern version of Dante's Infernale or Divine Comedy. Would need a lot of visual treats and a decent script to even be considered by any studio for financing..because it obviously would offend as many ppl as it would attract.

Would love to see more historical/action movies. Think alot of studios are financing some epics based on the success of Braveheart & Gladiator (Alexander the Great, knights of Malta, Troy, Last Samurai, etc). If any of those are box office hits, then there might be a huge demand for them in the future.

Do some research on mysteries & unexplained events, rumors, fables, legends, myths...lots of good material in those. And every culture has their own take on them, so you have thousands of possibilities.
Old 06-13-03, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Do I get WGA minimum for my story idea?
Old 06-13-03, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This has always been an idea that I had...

You have 2 couples who are very close. One couple cannot have kids, the other couple finds out they are having twins.

So, the couple who are having twins decide to let the other couple have one of the kids.

Shortly after the adoption, one of the couple moves across the country.

Now, fast forward 10 years later.

For some wacked out reason I haven't figured out yet, the couple decide to swap the kids without telling them. It would involve sedating the kids and moving each of them to the other families home.

The kids wake up, and the parents claim ignorance of the switch (or perhaps they are not aware of it).

Friends, family, teachers, everyone think that the kid has gone insane, because, clearly it's the same kid they saw yesterday, but he doesn't recognize anyone, claims he has a different name, has different memories, etc..

After much psychological torture, a dramatic, shocking conclusion happens that leaves the audience reeling and standing on their chair applauding.
Old 06-13-03, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Rewrite a great script for The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri. I would pay to see this on the silver screen, and imagine the possibilities with CGI.

Any other ideas you got to have to pay for, since if you get paid it was my idea that took me time and effort.

Last edited by DVD Smurf; 06-13-03 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-13-03, 06:00 PM
Banned

Write a muder mystery where the victims have absolutely nothing in common with each other... other than the fact that they're jackass trolls on the same internet newsgroups, and someone is going around knocking them off one by one.
Old 06-13-03, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Face/Off
Write a muder mystery where the victims have absolutely nothing in common with each other... other than the fact that they're jackass trolls on the same internet newsgroups, and someone is going around knocking them off one by one.
Great... now I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.
Old 06-13-03, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Not to be offensive to the originator of this thread, but to me, the pleasure of writing comes mainly from thinking of my own ideas. When I am writing things down, it's being creative that gives me the most enjoyment. If I had to ask an internet forum for my ideas, well, that would defeat the entire purpose.
Old 06-13-03, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 482 Likes on 318 Posts
Boy, I'd really like to see that twins movie. Someone should write that.

I'm not sure what exactly the story would be, but I'd like to see a movie that all took place inside some guys apartment, where a bunch of his Klu Klux Klan buddies showed up to throw him a big birthday bash. Maybe some black panthers would crash the party or something.
Old 06-13-03, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Honestly I agree with the poster above. Unless you got some good credentials as an amazing writer to start with, you're not going to really get anywhere with someone else's idea. You should start with your own idea and develop it. Something as simple as...a guy asks a forum for a script idea...but came up blank. But come up with your own...and play around. It's far more satisfying, and you also will be able to hit upon things that are important to you and that you know about. Cause a great story does not mean you'll be able to make a great script. But if it's your story, you'll definately be able to explore it.

If you're still stuck, try writing a story about this guy...who really wanted to make funny movie posters...he thought he could...he thought he could...run with that.
Old 06-14-03, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts
If you want to do a horror movie, do a websearch for the following three words: STULL KANSAS CHURCH
Old 06-14-03, 06:45 PM

Location: Home of the 2006 Rose Bowl Winners and Future National Champion Ohio State Buckeyes!
I'm a member of the ASA (american screenwriter's association) and just finished and registered my first screenplay. I've just started my second one (I have high hopes for this one) as I write this.... and have two more waiting to be written.

If the ideas don't just come to you, then chances are that writing an entire screenplay isn't going to be easy. You have to develop characters, plot, theme, have a knack for creating smooth flowing dialog, and make it interesting all at the same time.

Using someone else's idea really isn't going to help you, unless you can take something VERY basic and expand it into great detail.

Just trying to provide some insight...
Old 06-14-03, 07:22 PM

Re: Re: Any script ideas?

Originally posted by Spooky
Nice to see George Lucas has joined the forum and is looking for something to do after his Star Wars Gravy Train runs dry...
George Lucas has been getting ideas from here since 1999. Didn't you see Episode 2?
Old 06-14-03, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've got an idea for this movie where this kid is left at home, and he's alone! His parents forget him on their christmas vacation. The kid thinks that it's cool, right? I mean, who wouldn't? That is until....2 mean burglars come and try to rob his house! He doesn't take it lying down! He sets all sorts of traps in his house! This could lead to some really wacky and funny scenes in the house.

I think you should call this movie "Danny and the no-good meanies"
Old 06-14-03, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

a remake of side-out.

trust me, you cannot lose.
Old 06-14-03, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Seantn
I've got an idea for this movie where this kid is left at home, and he's alone! His parents forget him on their christmas vacation. The kid thinks that it's cool, right? I mean, who wouldn't? That is until....2 mean burglars come and try to rob his house! He doesn't take it lying down! He sets all sorts of traps in his house! This could lead to some really wacky and funny scenes in the house.

I think you should call this movie "Danny and the no-good meanies"
Naa, that's a terrible idea. Nobody would watch it, it'd be a huge bomb. Kids wouldn't go for that...
Old 06-14-03, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

PS

I am totally and completely serious.
Old 06-14-03, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 353 Likes on 229 Posts
You should probably come up with the ideas yourself if you want to write since your ideas will be interesting enough to you to prompt you to explore them thoroughly. Ideas are the easy part of writing anyway. Just brainstorm and be prepared to write lots of stupid stuff before you hit on something good.

tasha
Old 06-14-03, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Sunday Morning
PS

I am totally and completely serious.
Are you saying C. Thomas Howell partners with Karch Kiraly and goes to the Olympics to win the gold?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.