Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Figured something out...

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Figured something out...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-03, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Figured something out...

I believe they are still in a computer system of some sort. Oracle knows that Neo is not sleeping. How could she know this? He sleeps in the real world not in the Matrix. So it seems that Neo is like an anti-virus program or superprogram to bring back order to the matrix.
Old 05-30-03, 12:45 PM

that sounds farmiliar
Old 05-30-03, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wait wait wait.. so you are saying that they could be in a way... a matrix in a matrix? wow.. that's new to me..
Old 05-30-03, 02:59 PM
Cool New Member

LOL
Old 05-30-03, 05:08 PM

Get right outa town
Old 05-31-03, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

God bless sarcasm.

Anyway, I've thought about this, too.

I just came to the conclusion that once your mind is tapped into the matrix (plugged in, hacked in, whatever), everything in it is fair game. So the Oracle can see what's going on in his thought process?

I don't know. I'm just really not a fan of the matrix-in-a-matrix theory.
Old 05-31-03, 01:41 PM

David Poland wrote at http://www.thehotbutton.com/today/ho...030513_tue.htm (scroll to the bottom) that:

"Cast members, who obviously know what happens in The Matrix Revolutions, have made it clear that there are no boxes within boxes. What is presented is true. What happens is real."
Old 05-31-03, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Simply put: You don't spend $400 million to tell the story of a Matrix inside another Matrix.

I wish people would get off the MiaM train.
Old 05-31-03, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I never said this a matrix-in-a-matrix. I am just saying that it is odd that she knows that he isn't sleeping. It's not necessarily the theory that I am talking about it is just something to think about. It might give some insight on what the hell is going on.
Old 05-31-03, 11:49 PM

Already been done - 13th Floor.
Old 06-03-03, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Patman
Simply put: You don't spend $400 million to tell the story of a Matrix inside another Matrix.

I wish people would get off the MiaM train.
This has got to be the dumbest comment ever. I don't know if miam is right or not, nor do I care at the moment. But directors/writers will tell whatever damn story they want and spend as much as they want, can or need to in order to get it done. Whether you think it is good or not.
Old 06-03-03, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You're entitled to your opinion as much as the next guy. We'll see in 5 months...
Old 06-08-03, 06:46 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Um, they *showed* us that Neo was still in "a" Matrix when he was able to use his Matrix kung fu powers to stop the robots at the end of the film.

So all of Zion, the "real" earth, etc., is still a Matrix. Who knows what *really* lies under the hood?

-- Jough
Old 06-08-03, 09:39 PM

Arg... we don't know that yet. It could be something that transferred between Smith and Neo, it could've been an EMP from the Hammer, it could've been MiaM. It could've been a combination of those. Could be all of those. Who knows.... anyways the point is there are no facts and you shouldn't be so firm about the MiaM idea.
Old 06-08-03, 10:47 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Nothing transferred between Smith and Neo that could explain his control of the sentinels in the "real world." What, he merges with Smith and develops telekenesis? That would be horribly cheesy, and not in keeping with the "reality" that the W. Bros. have established thus far.

-- Jough
Old 06-09-03, 02:36 AM

That's why I said it could be a combination of those....
Old 06-09-03, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, what makes Neo so special? It's his mind. It allows him to manipulate the Matrix while being jacked into it, and with more and more stimulus (Smith being the crucial difference for this version of the Matrix) being introduced to his mind while being inside the Matrix, it's quite possible that Neo's mind is now operating on a higher level than normal humans, and that gets you into ESP territory (telepathy, telekinesis, etc.). Also, telekinesis is not an "easy" way out, it's been alluded to in the first film, telekinesis is on full display with the children/potentials at the Oracle's apartment. "There is no spoon" or is there?
Old 06-09-03, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the best way to end Matrix 3 would be to stop in the climax of the movie, pull the camera away to reveal Bugs Bunny sitting at a computer manipulating the characters on-screen and state "Ain't I a stinker?"..
Old 06-09-03, 01:17 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by Patman
Well, what makes Neo so special? It's his mind. It allows him to manipulate the Matrix while being jacked into it, and with more and more stimulus (Smith being the crucial difference for this version of the Matrix) being introduced to his mind while being inside the Matrix, it's quite possible that Neo's mind is now operating on a higher level than normal humans, and that gets you into ESP territory (telepathy, telekinesis, etc.). Also, telekinesis is not an "easy" way out, it's been alluded to in the first film, telekinesis is on full display with the children/potentials at the Oracle's apartment. "There is no spoon" or is there?
Yes, there is really no spoon, because they were in the MATRIX at the time and knew how to manipulate the code.

But bending a real spoon with your mind, or stopping a sentinel, would be impossible - UNLESS it was inside the Matrix.

Or should I say, inside *a* Matrix.

-- Jough
Old 06-09-03, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

We could go all day on whether we are seeing a Miam or not, I'm in the "Not in a Miam" camp. 5 more months to go...
Old 06-09-03, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
i just love how Jough is the only guy on these boards saying it's DEFINITELY a MiaM, while everyone else is saying, "it could be, but we have no proof either way."

I love the authority of his posts.
Old 06-09-03, 03:24 PM
Suspended

I'm just saying that thus far no other explanation makes sense. I don't know if it's "definitely" the way the W. Bros. are going with the series, but that the "evolution of the human mind" would be a cheat - it would be tantamount to Thomas Anderson waking up and realising it was "all a dream."

The Oracle knew about the nature of Neo's "reality" when he wasn't plugged into the Matrix, yes, but of course she would have access to his mind when he *was* in the Matrix, and like the Architect could have been computing all of his possible actions.

But Neo is part computer programme - having seen the film again the Architect confirms that he's the anomaly that the system has prepared for, and that if he takes the other door (the blue pill?) he will be RE-integrated back into the Source, implying of course that he was once integrated.

-- Jough
Old 06-09-03, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
to me, having a MiaM would be the same as "it was all just a dream." it would make the first movie, in a sense, worthless.
Old 06-09-03, 05:24 PM

Yes... and who knows how many Matrices there could be. Revolutions could end by showing the real world being a matrix, then the next matrix, on and on and on... if the machines have 2 matrices, why not have 3? Or 4? Or maybe 500? This is precisely why many of us refuse to believe or support the MiaM idea. But, the idea has some potential to be great, but I truly doubt that is the way.
Old 06-10-03, 12:00 AM
Suspended

I don't think the MiaM idea is equivalent to "it was all a dream." The "Zion" matrix would be yet another system of control. The Oracle was one (whether she knew it or not), all of the other programmes were others, and now Zion too.

I was going to save watching the "Animatrix" until after having seen the third film, but are there answers to some of these questions in any of those shorts?

-- Jough

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.