Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Figured something out...

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Figured something out...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-03, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It's actually better to watch the Animatrix before Reloaded, so why would you wait until after Revolutions to watch it?
Old 06-10-03, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
yes.

Spoiler:
there is definitely a real world. They show how the robots came to power and took over the world, and how we scorched the sky.
Old 06-10-03, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fine. I'll be the second one to say, at this point, it is definitely a MIAM. That's what the screen showed. Now whether that's a twist we are understanding or not, we'll have to see. But I won't say that "it can't be a MIAM cause that's stupid," because frankly, I think saying that is pretty dumb. All that basically means is you assume the W. Bros. think exactly the way YOU WANT them to think. Sorry, but that is dumb.

The other thing (besides Neo's destruction of the sentinels) that helps the MIAM theory is what the Architect said. He said outright that Zion is a form of control. We assumed it to be a "real world" control, but it could easily be another part of the Matrix, too. In fact, that's almost an easier explanation. Meaning we haven't seen the real world yet. Everybody saying, "but there must be a real world somewhere"....well of course, but if MIAM is true, it still has yet to be found. These aren't mutually exclusive ideas, and they don't cancel the first movie. Does Luke discovering Vader is his father mean the first movie is worthless? No, it means Obiwan lied to him. In the Matrix, MIAM could mean they simply don't know they are still in a Matrix yet. From a certain point of view.

It's just Hollywood, people, get a grip. BTW, I love pixyboi's solution. Bugs would be perfect. Of course, if that's how it ends Laurie would probably get her ass kicked......

Last edited by Spiky; 06-10-03 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-10-03, 05:06 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Originally posted by Patman
It's actually better to watch the Animatrix before Reloaded
Then why did it come out two and a half weeks later?

-- Jough
Old 06-10-03, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I found this interesting article.

Cinescape Article

It's basically says that MIAM is definitely a possibility.

Last edited by jiggawhat; 06-10-03 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-10-03, 06:30 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Didn't see anything about the Matrix in that article. Are you sure that's the right link?
Old 06-10-03, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If Zion was another Matrix, why don't the Machines just pull the plug on it? Even if it killed those in it (a 1% crop loss), the Machines have indicated that they are more than proficient at tearing it down time after time. Why go through all of this crap with Zion if Zion doesn't exist in the real physical world?

Re: release of the Animatrix: at least 4 of the shorts have been released on their website for download, but the DVD compilation was just released last week. If you wanted to see it, there was ample opportunity to do so via the website, and also, there have been screenings of the shorts across the country, but it was not in wide release.
Old 06-10-03, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sorry about that.

Here is the link.

Cinescape Article
Old 06-10-03, 11:38 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by jiggawhat
I found this interesting article.
Cinescape Article
It's basically says that MIAM is definitely a possibility.
A quote from that article:
One of the more interesting ideas revealed to have been included in these MATRIX early drafts is the idea that the Matrix runs from the years 1980 to 2009, then "reloads" back to 1980 and begins the cycle once again. That should sound familiar to RELOADED fans.
They should've made it reload to January 1, 1970, so it would be in line with the "Epoch" date of the Unix timestamp.

Or am I just too big a geek?

-- Jough