Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Question for Jackselekton

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-03, 08:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jack...who is the mother of the matrix? I'm confused. Also, What is really the Matrix? And is Zion a real place or part of the program? Explain.
Old 05-22-03, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You didn't read the religious background of the name of the software company Thomas Anderson worked for, or you'd understand EVERYTHING. The Wachowski brohters are geniues.
Old 05-22-03, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Sounds like someone needs a blue pill.
Old 05-22-03, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Like I said in the other 15 threads about the mother of the matrix... We don't know. the architect's comment of "please" when neo asked DOES NOT staple it one way or another. So we are just gonna have to wait and see what comes about. there is plenty of ideas.

One of which comes from the ENTER THE MATRIX game.. In her new body, the Oracle states something about how she had to lose her old form in order for a future "hope" to be born. What exactly this means? who knows. It might add to the Oracle being the mother since it does show the mother giving up something in order to have the future born some how.

But there is not enough proof right now to say the Oracle is the mother of the matrix.

Though I am honored that someone started a thread asking me a question.
Old 05-22-03, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
As for Zion. I don't buy into the idea of "Matrix in a Matrix" theory. I tend to see it like this.. The machines let the humans live in this cycle to have some back up power incase the matrix some how crashes some where. You have atleast the amount of people to repopulate the matrix and grow it back again. Now they have to weed out the sheep every now and then when the machines feel that the number of people in zion manage to become a threat to the matrix and to the machines.

The Matrix is what they say it is.. a source of power for them. take it out and you take out the grounding of the machines world. This in a sense is like taking out a cities water supply or source of food. As stated in the first film.. the machines need us as power.
Old 05-22-03, 10:48 PM

You didn't read the religious background of the name of the software company Thomas Anderson worked for, or you'd understand EVERYTHING. The Wachowski brohters are geniues.
Well, then, would you mind posting a link to an english site that has something relevant. I did a Google search and after looking through two pages of the 1600 hits, all I found were foriegn language (to me) sites and some obscure references to the Matrix.
Old 05-23-03, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Since the actress playing the Oracle is dead, will that affect the third movie. Were her parts already filmed? Or is that why they may have the Oracle in a new body?
Old 05-23-03, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

The Oracle in the game is in a different body. they explain it in the game when Ghost and Niobe meet her as if she had to give up her old look in order to save someone's child.. as she said it.. that child would grow up to be someone important.. hmmmm?

So I assume that the new person filled in the role as the Oracle in revolutions.
Old 05-23-03, 09:22 AM

Originally posted by pixyboi
What was the company's name again?
Old 05-23-03, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Metacortex
Old 05-23-03, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

From the trivia section on Amazon.com:

The name of the company Neo works for is Metacortex. The roots of this word are meta-, which according to Webster's means "going beyond or higher, transcending," and -cortex, which is "the outer layer (boundary) of gray matter surrounding the brain." Thus, Metacortex is "transcending the boundaries of the brain," which is precisely what Neo proceeds to do.
Old 05-23-03, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Jesus Christ.. I was kidding..
Old 05-23-03, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

speaking of jesus christ..

Old 05-23-03, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by pixyboi
Jesus Christ.. I was kidding..
You only think you were kidding.
Old 05-23-03, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by johnglass
You only think you were kidding.
The Matrix is telling me this is Turkey Jerkey.
Old 05-23-03, 04:22 PM

mmmmm jerkey
Old 05-23-03, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a question for Jackskeleton

What's your take on the whole OT vs. SE debate regarding the Star Wars Trilogy?

Old 05-23-03, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Hee hee, My take.. I figure that those who state they want the film presented how the director wanted to present it should shush up about it and stop claiming lucas destroyed there childhood. As stated many times before, the Original Version is out there. Maybe not on dvd, but it is indeed out there. Which is better.. well I like both. I really enjoyed the updated X-wing battle but I found some parts a little annoying such as in Empire.

in the end.. we still do have a choice on this matter and we should just realize that.

Now.. is this the one and only ask jack about matrix and other items thread?