Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Alero factor -- My thoughts on the movie. [SPOILERS]

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-03, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

!!!!!!!!!WARNING SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!You have Been Warned!!!!!!!

Topic

In the freeway scene, I swear almost every car there was a GM car, and the ones I saw the most was the Alero. Man it got to a point were everything I saw was an Alero. The car that the agent landed on (the hood) was an Alero, the car that flipped and blew up on the far left lane (next to the truck) was you guess it.. an Alero. Crap that annoyed the hell out of me!! It was so damn distracting.

Movie thoughts.

In terms of the whole movie, I felt that it was so drawn out at times, even the fight scene with the 50 agent smith's was so getting old fast. It really got to a point where I fell asleep watching the fighting. Im sure everyones least favorite part was the giant ORGY/RAVE scene in the begining of the movie.. now THAT was drawn out waaay to much. Another minor thing I hated about the movie was the Nebuchanezzar(sp?) docking scene. I felt that the people and the setup of the scene just didnt fit the rest of the movie. Everything from the ships to Zion, and its people, have a "Nomadic" or Industrial look. While the people performing the docking and the computers they were using look straight out of Minority Report. Why didnt they have those kind of controls on the ships, rather than the docking bays??? Anyways, Im just gonna skip past the Superman jokes for now and go straight to the goods. But before I do that, I don't know if it was just me, but I kept waiting for Link to come out and start talking like Chris Rock, they look so damn similar.

The good stuff(fortunately) were the action scenes. Besides the Alero factor, the freeway scene was intense. Damn Nice eye candy for sure. The explosion at the end of it kicked butt. The agent smith scene's were good (up to a certain point), however I felt they could have done with less of the slow-mo's.

Anyways in conclusion, I liked the movie for the action scenes and fighting, but the rest was just ass.
Old 05-16-03, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
When I read your title I was thinking areola.)
Old 05-16-03, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: The Alero factor -- My thoughts on the movie. [SPOILERS]

Originally posted by dryars
!!!!!!!!!WARNING SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!You have Been Warned!!!!!!!

Topic

In the freeway scene, I swear almost every car there was a GM car, and the ones I saw the most was the Alero. Man it got to a point were everything I saw was an Alero. The car that the agent landed on (the hood) was an Alero, the car that flipped and blew up on the far left lane (next to the truck) was you guess it.. an Alero. Crap that annoyed the hell out of me!! It was so damn distracting.

Movie thoughts.

In terms of the whole movie, I felt that it was so drawn out at times, even the fight scene with the 50 agent smith's was so getting old fast. It really got to a point where I fell asleep watching the fighting. Im sure everyones least favorite part was the giant ORGY/RAVE scene in the begining of the movie.. now THAT was drawn out waaay to much. Another minor thing I hated about the movie was the Nebuchanezzar(sp?) docking scene. I felt that the people and the setup of the scene just didnt fit the rest of the movie. Everything from the ships to Zion, and its people, have a "Nomadic" or Industrial look. While the people performing the docking and the computers they were using look straight out of Minority Report. Why didnt they have those kind of controls on the ships, rather than the docking bays??? Anyways, Im just gonna skip past the Superman jokes for now and go straight to the goods. But before I do that, I don't know if it was just me, but I kept waiting for Link to come out and start talking like Chris Rock, they look so damn similar.

The good stuff(fortunately) were the action scenes. Besides the Alero factor, the freeway scene was intense. Damn Nice eye candy for sure. The explosion at the end of it kicked butt. The agent smith scene's were good (up to a certain point), however I felt they could have done with less of the slow-mo's.

Anyways in conclusion, I liked the movie for the action scenes and fighting, but the rest was just ass.

I thought the people doing the docking were actually in the Matrix doing all the minority report stuff. I don't think that was Zion.

I didn't notice the Alero factor. I did notice the Twins car was an Escalade and the car Trinity stole was the new cadillac.
Old 05-16-03, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts
Almost? I think every car was a GM and I found it really distracting. But when some automaker throws 30 or 40 cars for you to smash up, I guess you learn to live with a little product placement.

Besides, perhaps the matrix was programmed at a GM reseach facility?
Old 05-16-03, 11:38 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Decker
Almost? I think every car was a GM and I found it really distracting. But when some automaker throws 30 or 40 cars for you to smash up, I guess you learn to live with a little product placement.

Besides, perhaps the matrix was programmed at a GM reseach facility?

300 cars actually.
Old 05-16-03, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It bothered you that they were all GM's? Maybe you need to pay more attention to the movie and not to a piece of scenery in it.
Old 05-16-03, 12:42 PM

It wasnt just a piece of scenery it was everything, I sorry its not easy to concentrate on the car chasing when they aer passing nothing but Alero's
Old 05-16-03, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Re: The Alero factor -- My thoughts on the movie. [SPOILERS]

Originally posted by Pillowhead
I thought the people doing the docking were actually in the Matrix doing all the minority report stuff. I don't think that was Zion.

I didn't notice the Alero factor. I did notice the Twins car was an Escalade and the car Trinity stole was the new cadillac.
How could people IN the Matrix be running the ZION central control? Remember, they can't broadcast a signal to hack the Matrix from Zion, they have to go to a 'broadcast depth'.

Zion central control would be the most important aspect of Zion in terms of defense, so they would put the most effort into developing technology and building that particular control center.

I didn't notice the Alero factor either, but what better car for GM to give them for mass destruction? It is a car that tends to look like most other cars in its class, so with all the quick shots most people wouldn't notice that they were all the same car. Of course you just ruined my second viewing, as I will now be looking for that specifically. Thanks.
-CM-
Old 05-16-03, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Re: Re: The Alero factor -- My thoughts on the movie. [SPOILERS]

Originally posted by C-Mart
How could people IN the Matrix be running the ZION central control? Remember, they can't broadcast a signal to hack the Matrix from Zion, they have to go to a 'broadcast depth'.
They were not in The Matrix: however, the white control room is articial, like the training programs Neo takes in the first film. A second before you see the people in the control room, you see them in real life, plugged into a computer.
Old 05-16-03, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Who....cares....?
Old 05-16-03, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I noticed the Alleros, but I enjoyed them because I also drive a silver Allero. There were quite a few of them- I think the first one was right after they got out of the parking garage and turned left. But some were probably there so much because of the direction changes. And I enjoyed the rave scene, it was good to see a bit about the culture of the people of Zion and what life is like for humans outside of the matrix, even if it may seem a bit out of place.
Old 05-17-03, 12:51 AM

If you're paying that much attention to what model the cars are in a scene (I never really even noticed to tell you the truth, just that that was a car, that was a motorcyle and that was a semi-truck) then I think you just need to relax and enjoy the eye candy.
Old 05-17-03, 12:59 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Alero factor -- My thoughts on the movie. [SPOILERS]

Originally posted by DonnachaOne
They were not in The Matrix: however, the white control room is articial, like the training programs Neo takes in the first film. A second before you see the people in the control room, you see them in real life, plugged into a computer.
Correct. The control room was an interface, much like the one used to access the Matrix.

edit: btw, the fact that all the cars were GM didn't distract me at all. I didn't really notice except for the 2 caddies.
Old 05-17-03, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm really not sure why this matters. A lot of films will have deals made to showcase a certain company's cars. True Lies has all GM cars too, I believe, and Superstar has all new beetles.
Old 05-17-03, 02:09 AM
Cool New Member

Well, not to nitpick, but not ALL the cars were GM. There was an Audi that pulled up at the beginning.
Old 05-17-03, 08:11 PM

GM donated 300 cars to the filming of The Matrix Reloaded. They used those 300 cars for the highway chase sequence, that's why all the cars that anyone in the plot occupied were GM. (The various other cars on the freeway not occupied by plot-relevant characters can clearly be seen as a mix of other makes.)

For those curious, by the end of filming all 300 donated cars had been wrecked.
Old 05-17-03, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Now, that is nitpicking.
Old 05-17-03, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah, I've always hated how James Bond always drove an Aston Martin! Seriously, it's annoying.

So quite naturally, Goldeneye and TMD are the best Bond movies, no Aston Martin.....

Old 05-18-03, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
On a side note I heard the crashed 2 million worth of cars for the freeway. That is nuts.