Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

I Have Seen THE MATRIX RELOADED

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

I Have Seen THE MATRIX RELOADED

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-03, 06:08 PM
TCG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iron, i think Morpheus only said the war had been going for 100 years.
Old 05-15-03, 06:15 PM

Liked it alot. Great archetypal characters and images, great action, state-of-the-art effects. I flat out had a great time.

But here is my one big caveat. I'll speak vaguely and without direct spoilers, but people who haven't seen it may want to skip this.

Basically, if at the end, Neo is completely right about Morpheus, than not only does that undermine the events up until that point, but it damages the philosophical and spiritual aspects of the film. However, for now I'm giving the Wachowskis the benefit of the doubt that they are going somewhere with this new development (I think everyone knows what I mean. If not, it would basically be like if Star Wars ended with Obi-Wan being exposed as an old foolish zealot. Kinda disheartening, if you think about it. Still, they could go in many interesting directions with this - I just hope they stick with the notions of awesome supernatural possibilities that have made the series exciting.
Old 05-15-03, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've saw this movie this morning @ 9am. All I've got to say is, THIS MOVIE ROCKS! I can't wait for part 3.
Old 05-15-03, 10:10 PM

After I finished seeing the movie, I joked to my friend: "The Matrix Reloaded: a movie about a little Japanese man." I loved the film. Not quite as good as the first one, but almost there, just nipping at its heels - which makes it still an above average film overall. The action sequences are spectacular, but they tend to go on a little long. The chase scene, though the longest, holds attention the best because it alternates between different things happening to different characters; the 100+ Smiths fight scene dragged, as did the fight scene after Persephone betrays the French guy -- forget his name. The people in the theater were acting like it was the second coming of Jesus. It was fantastic. When the movie ended, everyone erupted in cheers. I went in with pretty high expectations and I would not say that I am disappointed in the least. The major criticisms that the film seems to be receiving is that it doesn't have a strong enough grasp of its story... the beginning of the movie has a lot of dialogue and just a couple of action scenes, and then you can almost hear it when the script goes CLICK and the adrenaline really kicks in. I was exhausted by the end of the movie. Whatever flaws seem to be apparent in The Matrix Reloaded's plot, I am confident will be forgotten with the release of the third film... in 174 days.
Old 05-16-03, 03:08 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
going purely from the feeling i had when leaving the theatre, it was of disappointment
Old 05-16-03, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't mind not understanding every little aspect.... that will become more clear in November. I enjoyed this movie. I didn't have overly high expectations and that probably helped. While I would recommend it, there is definitely a sense that the magic of seeing the first flick can't be replicated. And that's okay.
Old 05-16-03, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought the movie was quite crappy. Many scenes just left me wondering either what it meant or why the hell it was even in the movie. I didnt find the fight scenes all that spectacular and all of them went on too long. The rave scene was quite retarded and so was the fact that the only people in Zion are 20-30 year old black dudes with dreadlocks. The end was really lousy and too many characters were just on screen for about 5 minutes. Also another thing that seemed to be missing was the humans. The only human i remember , besides the resturant, was the woman in the park. I really wish I could have my 8 dollars and 5 hours back.
Old 05-16-03, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by mookyman
Basically, if at the end, Neo is completely right about Morpheus, than not only does that undermine the events up until that point, but it damages the philosophical and spiritual aspects of the film.
Well, what I like about this is that it parallels the first movies' character development and shifts the paradigm yet again.

In Matrix 1, Neo has to deal that the world he was living in is the Matrix and not real, and that there is another real world out there.

In Matrix 2, Morpheus is now coming to grips that the world HE thought was real could be all a facade (much like Neo in the first movie).

It does undermine elements of the first film but it also shifts the importance of that film to the fact is Neo is indeed the "One" bt now that role is clarified.