Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Who does she think she is? Halle Berry?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-03, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts

Some stars are just "upity" and "don't know their place" in the scheme of things. Hollywood and has done so much for "people like her and her husband". Without Hollywood she would be just another "single mom". .Why is she so "emotional" and "difficult to work with"

from www.imdb.com

'Matrix' Star Erupts

Matrix Reloaded beauty Jada Pinkett Smith had a major falling out with the movie's producer Joel Silver - just two days before the sequel's premiere. Insiders report Silver was "upset" when Will Smith's wife refused to make a promotional appearance on MTV that would include a video shopping tour. A source tells gossip website Pagesix.Com, "Jada thought the idea was cheesy and awful, so she said no way." Return To Paradise actress Pinkett Smith was further enraged when Silver informed her she would not be able to stay in her usual suite at the Four Seasons Hotel in New York, after the premiere of the much-anticipated movie on Tuesday. A source reports, "Joel tried to tell Jada that Warner Brothers wouldn't shell out for a suite so she had to take a smaller room. He said, 'Well, we aren't even giving Keanu Reeves a suite, so we can't give you one.' But Keanu has an apartment in New York so he would never have stayed at the Four Seasons anyway. Joel was just using him as an excuse to stick it to Jada." Jada was so angry that she and her famous spouse refused to appear at the after-premiere party. The insider adds, "She was so angry at Joel she would not even fly in the same plane as him, much less be in the same room."

Good for her for refusing the TACKY and STUPID MTV appearence.
Old 05-13-03, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good thing Revolutions is already filmed. Now Joel can dump her ass.
Old 05-13-03, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It does seem like they are already making too many appearances- if I didn't like the first movie as much as I did then I'd be sick of it all by now- and this over-promotion has not increased my interest.

I'm sure they both have attitudes and I don't care if they like each other or fly together.
Old 05-13-03, 02:59 PM

Hmmmm makes you kind of wonder why they're having issues with other actors. Tank and now Jada. I agree both can be difficult expecially Jada who's somewhat arrogant as Mrs Wil Smith. But I agree with Hotaru. Enough of the cheesy promotions...let the movie stand on it's own.
Old 05-14-03, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by Mopower
Good thing Revolutions is already filmed. Now Joel can dump her ass.
Why do you assume Joel Silver isn't being an ass in all this? Why does he get the Benefit of doubt?
Old 05-14-03, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I'm sorry...but when you sign on to do a flick [especially what is destined to be one of the most hyped pics of the year], there should be no question about how much/what promotion you're expected to do.

Would I do an MTV promotion? Hell no. I barely watch the channel anymore...but in today's media obsessed/cross promoted culture, i'm sure she must've known/had something in her contract. Hell, when Will does a flick, he sells the hell out of it.

BTW...EVERYTHING is overpromoted nowadays..can't get away from that..

Oh...and also...Jada was on Dave earlier. Apparently there's going to be a show based on her & Will's life..
Old 05-14-03, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[halle berry]
Yo Mamma!
[/halle berry]
Old 05-16-03, 04:19 AM

Originally posted by Giantrobo
Why do you assume Joel Silver isn't being an ass in all this? Why does he get the Benefit of doubt?

My thoughts exactly. I'm sure she would have done a talk show or something, she just didn't want to do that particular MTV show. Big deal, why take Joel's side?
Old 05-16-03, 04:44 AM

Halle Berry had to do a similar thing in promotion of Swordfish, her and Hugh Jackman went shopping on MTV.
Old 05-16-03, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've never cared for Pinket. Considering they WROTE the part with her in mind, and the fact her career these days consists of being Mrs. Will Smith, you would think she would have just done the promo and shut the **** up.
Old 05-16-03, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's the curse...the Matrix curse, I tell you!
Old 05-16-03, 06:12 PM
Banned

Originally posted by madcougar
I've never cared for Pinket. Considering they WROTE the part with her in mind, and the fact her career these days consists of being Mrs. Will Smith, you would think she would have just done the promo and shut the **** up.
Agree.

Also, on a side note: little known fact. Halle Berry can't act.
Old 05-16-03, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by Surf Monkey
Agree.

Also, on a side note: little known fact. Halle Berry can't act.

Neither can Julia Roberts and she's a bitch. But ya'll seem to give her props all the time.

For that matter, 98% of the fanboy "Beat off poster girls" in movies(Jeniffer Garner comes to mind) can't act....
Old 05-16-03, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

What? Many roles are writtne with certain people in mind!!!

I swear, it seems if the Actress doesn't give you guys a boner you're really don't give her any leeway....
Old 05-16-03, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I swear, it seems if the Actress doesn't give you guys a boner you're really don't give her any leeway....
Hey I never said she wasn't attractive. What I meant is that I don't consider her a very engaging actress. Plus she comes accross as rather full of herself.
Old 05-16-03, 08:14 PM
Banned

Neither can Julia Roberts and she's a bitch. But ya'll seem to give her props all the time.

Are you kidding me!? Someone said that Julia Roberts could act? Who?? Someone thinks that she's good looking? Again, WHO??

Look, it's not all about who's hot and who's not. There are plenty of actresses who look very average but are amazing on screen. There are also plenty of super-babes who stink it up every time the lens points their way.

Last edited by Surf Monkey; 05-16-03 at 08:20 PM.
Old 05-16-03, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Hey I never said she wasn't attractive. What I meant is that I don't consider her a very engaging actress. Plus she comes accross as rather full of herself.

Never said you said that.
Old 05-16-03, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by Surf Monkey
Are you kidding me!? Someone said that Julia Roberts could act? Who?? Someone thinks that she's good looking? Again, WHO??

Look, it's not all about who's hot and who's not. There are plenty of actresses who look very average but are amazing on screen. There are also plenty of super-babes who stink it up every time the lens points their way.

Well again, it's me trying to figure out the Jada/Halle online hatefest that's all....
Old 05-16-03, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Well again, it's me trying to figure out the Jada/Halle online hatefest that's all....
You're just referring to this particular thread, right? Cuz there's a LOT more hatin' goin on 'round online than to just Halle/Jada..
Old 05-16-03, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by Rogue588
You're just referring to this particular thread, right? Cuz there's a LOT more hatin' goin on 'round online than to just Halle/Jada..

Uh...yeah. I know this and yeah I meant this thread for Jada, and countless others on dvdtalk for Halle.
Old 05-20-03, 01:42 AM

Originally posted by Shonn
Halle Berry had to do a similar thing in promotion of Swordfish, her and Hugh Jackman went shopping on MTV.

So...?
Old 05-20-03, 01:54 AM

What does Halle Berry shopping have anything to do with Jada Pinkett? Just because Halle did it Jada does?