Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Matrix Oracle. Question!?!?!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-03, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is not a question about the second movie. This one is concerning the first movie.

How come the Oracle hasn't been awaken like they did with Neo and Trinity?

I remember Morpheus saying: "If you are not one of us, you are one of them"

so.......

The Oracle and the kids that were in her home agents??? or could be??
Old 05-09-03, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sure, anyone that is not plugged in is possible an agent. Something that clears this up my be in one of the next to movies.
Old 05-09-03, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just read this in EW, I don't know if it's a spoiler if even if it's true.

Spoiler:
They just said that the Oracle was glitch in the matrix, so I guess that explains why her existance is different from that of others in the matrix and why she might not be able to be an agent. But since the woman who plays her died, she'll be in a different form for revolutions.

I'm not sure about the kids, I don't see any reason why they couldn't have been taken out of the matrix.
Old 05-10-03, 02:43 PM
Retired

Yeah, I'd say the kids had been taken out.

Remember, Morpheus apologized to neo saying they usually don't free people his age, because the older they are the harder it is for the mind to accept reality.

Or I suppose they could have even been born in the real world like Tank and Dozer.
Old 05-10-03, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
Yeah, I'd say the kids had been taken out.

Remember, Morpheus apologized to neo saying they usually don't free people his age, because the older they are the harder it is for the mind to accept reality.

Or I suppose they could have even been born in the real world like Tank and Dozer.
But if they'd been born in the real world, they wouldn't have the head holes to hook them into the matirx, so I wouldn't think they could appear in it.

They were probably just gifted kids that got taken out young. I'd imagine that since kids don't always believe in the same boundaries that adults do, there are probably a few in the matirx that discover that they can do a lot of things that adults wouldn't even try. And the adults who get out would probably be more like Neo and Trinity, who have a lot of computer experience as opposed to the more raw abilities of the kids. Maybe.
Old 05-10-03, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
I have a question about the Oracle also. She died in the middle of filming. How is she shown in the previews when she apparently didn't even film all of her scenes?
Old 05-10-03, 05:05 PM
Banned

They probably just showed the few scenes she actually completed.
Old 05-10-03, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

She completed her role in this movie, but died before finishing for the third movie.
Old 05-10-03, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

But.............

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
We are talking about the Oracle. This is a wise lady that sees or predicts the fortune of people. I'm sure she could've been strong enough to handle it. Don't you think?
Old 05-10-03, 09:28 PM
Retired

I was talking about the kids. There's no reason to believe the kids at her place haven't been awoken, and were simply patched into the matrix, especially since Morpheus hinted that they normally free kids.

My other question, is how do you know she hasn't been awoken? She could have been awoken and like the kids, just patched into the matrix. Did I miss something?
Old 05-16-03, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
Originally posted by hotaru_san
She completed her role in this movie, but died before finishing for the third movie.
I heard this. I'm sure there was a lot for her to do in the third film. Since
Spoiler:
I guess she's just a program
, I suppose she can come back in another form or something. Watching the Revolutions trailer, it sounds like her in the voice-over. Does anyone know what they're actually doing to solve this problem?
Old 05-16-03, 11:38 AM

semi-spoiler
-
when they had the somewhat drawn out thing of Neo looking at her sitting on the bench facing the other way, and he slowly walked up and finally saw her, I was guessing it was going to be another actress. I wouldn't mind if they had another actress playing her rather than have another form or try to CGI her or something like that. Or maybe the part of the oracle is done.
Old 05-16-03, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by cloudnin
semi-spoiler
-
when they had the somewhat drawn out thing of Neo looking at her sitting on the bench facing the other way, and he slowly walked up and finally saw her, I was guessing it was going to be another actress. I wouldn't mind if they had another actress playing her rather than have another form or try to CGI her or something like that. Or maybe the part of the oracle is done.
She lived long enough to complete her role in Reloaded, but she did not finish for Revolutions (although I guess she lived long enough to do voice-overs for Revolutions and I don't know if she had a chance to do any other work for the final movie).
Old 05-16-03, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
That's why Revolutions got pushed back from an August release to a November release. The Wachowski brothers need the extra time to figure out what the hell they are going to do! haha

Or maybe it's gonna take that long to render the increadibly life-like CG version of her. hehehe
Old 05-16-03, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The kids were in Zion..cmon people. One of them told "The Kid" to give Neo the spoon. They are referenced as "the orphans"
Old 05-17-03, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here is how they dealt with the Oracle problem . . .
Spoiler:
In the Enter the Matrix game the Oracle is played by a new actress. She tells Niobi that her old "form" is no longer safe, or something to that effect, and she has the ability to change form as she sees fit. I would only assume that she filled in for Gloria's scenes and an explanition will be given in the third film
Old 05-19-03, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The voice over for the Revolutions trailer is NOT the Oracle.

The voice sounds exactly like the counsel woman who asks for volunteers. Whether it is actually her, I cannot be sure - but I am certain it isn't the actress who portrayed the Oracle.