Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Your Best Movie Memorabilia

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-03, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know you all have some way cool stuff out there... here's my best item. For Christmas one year, my wife got me (framed) a signed copy of the contract Winona Ryder signed to appear in Godfather III. (This was before she discovered -- to her horror -- how much I liked the first two films but despised the third. But I have always dug Winona.)

Of course, Winona had to drop out of the movie due to exhaustion -- in other words, she suffered a nervous breakdown -- so the contract she signed was rendered null and void.

So that's what I have, but I'm sure you all have some cooler stuff. What's the prize of your collection?
Old 05-03-03, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's awesome, man! I have a packet of hand made hair gel from There's Something About Mary.
Old 05-03-03, 08:01 PM
Banned

I have a mexican lobby card for THE MYSTERIOUS DR SATAN, my favorite serial.

Not much I admit....
Old 05-03-03, 08:11 PM
Rest in Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meeting Sean Connery on the set in 1970

"The Molly McGuires" was being filmed in my town, my uncle was hired as a part time security guide. His wedding present to me was to meet and talk with legendary Sean Connery the first of the James Bond series. 23 years old I was in awe of such a man, I got to meet the rest of the cast and get autographs personalized to me, some of them were Richard Harris, Anthony Zerbe, and Samantha Eggar the top of the list. Meeting the man (Sean Connery) was one thing, talking to him and getting a sign a personalized autograph was another!

I have always wondered how my uncle could perswade the film company to use *their* Polaroid camera to take a picture of me and Sean Connery, then the personalized autograph I can not fathom! Richard Harris had a single 45 RPM vinyl cover and record for his autograph, of "McArthurs Park" song sung in the first minutes of "Vertical Limit" and the others were just a few minutes and note book autographs. The record was vinyl, it seems so hard to think, we are now using plastic and it's not wearing out.

What a wedding Present, Harris is dead now, Zerbe was in Star Trek: Insurrection I haven't seen Samatha Eggar name for quite a while, but our town was never the same after they filmed the true story. Sean Connery played Jack Kehoe leader of the hanged in my towns jail courtyard Molly McGuires.

Vincent Price and his wife Mary, "first" edition of "A Treasury of Great Recipes" 1965 in VG/G condition. Recipes listed were not from Price at all, but from the restaurants he visited. My mom took the book with her and got the owners of the different restaurants to sign the book.

Both signed it as it was printed in the book. It was my mothers prize she won the book it was given to her by Mr. Price I was only 18 but quite into horror movies. It's mine now my mother gave it to me as a birthday present. It's in a Sentry Burn proof floor safe along with other stuff, like Gene Autry and Smiley Burnett autographs each on the two half tickets, we got when viewing his live wild west show in the late 1950s.

Last edited by danol; 05-06-03 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-03-03, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have a pretty decent collection of movie posters. Some of my more prized possessions in my collection include a Belgian "Invisible Boy" poster featuring Robby the Robot, a "Comedy of Terrors" half shhet, and a "The Great Race" insert autographed by Tony Curtis.

Nothing too outlandish in my collection. I don't have an original King Kong poster, or anything worth $50,000...just a few in the $100-$200 range. But it's a fun hobby to go along with my DVD collecting, and my walls look nice.
Old 05-03-03, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
I had some of the balls of VX gas used in The Rock. The studio actually had a website up for awhile where you could get the leftovers and memorabillia from the movies. I sold them a couple of years later for a tidy sum.

SpY
Old 05-03-03, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer Emeritus

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts
One of my prized possessions: the original "REVENGE of the Jedi" poster.

I also have a plastic razor with "Hellraiser" printed on the side. Cute.

And a miniature coffin from "Serpent and the Rainbow."
Old 05-03-03, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I won a full size Matrix theatrical poster autographed by the Wachowski Bros in one of the Online chats way back when the DVD was first released.
Old 05-04-03, 12:12 AM

I've got one of the Cavalry uniforms Mel Gibson wore in We Were Soldiers, among other stuff.
Old 05-04-03, 02:19 PM

Location: Home of the 2006 Rose Bowl Winners and Future National Champion Ohio State Buckeyes!
I have 3 framed movie posters:
Outlaw Josey Wales, High Plains Drifter, and the Birds

and 2 framed lobby cards:
Rope and Rear Window
Old 05-04-03, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I guess the best item I have is a script for GATTACA. Only thing that bugs me is that I have no way of knowing for sure if its authentic or not. Other than that, I just have some posters & lobby cards; nothing special.

Last edited by NavinJohnson; 05-04-03 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-04-03, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Over the past few years I've been collecting non-sport trading cards. I've managed to find autograph cards for Helena Bonham Carter (Planet of the Apes), Eliza Dushku (Buffy, but she's been in film as well), Annabeth Gish (X-Files, but film actress before that), Mitch Pileggi (X-Files Movie) and some more.
Old 05-05-03, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nothing special on me, except the wonderful memory that I've seen quite a few great films.
Old 05-05-03, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

nothing fabulous but i have a signed swingers cd sountrack. signed by both vaughn and favreau.

oh and my dad has an autographed photo of vincent price that will eventually come down to me.

Last edited by hgar78; 05-05-03 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-05-03, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
I have a Rumble in the Bronx promo ball cap. Oh, and that Pearl Harbor hat DDD sent out a while back. Other than that, everything else is just retail stuff anyone could buy.
Old 05-05-03, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
A Dogma poster signed by Kevin Smith and a giant wooden Jimmy Durante poster from an old theater.
Old 05-05-03, 12:29 PM
Banned

I have a real lightsaber.
Old 05-05-03, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Posters [all personalized]:
A Better Tomorrow poster signed by John Woo
Clerks poster and Animated Clerks pin signed by Kevin Smith
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas poster signed by Terry Gilliam
Eraser poster signed by Chuck Russell
Lethal Weapon poster signed by Richard Donner

Promo stuff:
Charm from the movie Wolf
Mini-Dreamcatcher from Dreamcather

Various crew wear from shows and movies.
Old 05-05-03, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have a few delicious ones, but I would jeopardize myself to reveal them.
Old 05-05-03, 02:31 PM

I have a theatrical release poster for Pulp Fiction (says actors names at top and Coming Soon at bottom). Haven't had a chance to get it signed yet unfortunately, but some day I hope to.
Old 05-05-03, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts
I have almost every 35mm trailer released between 1991 and 2001 in my closet.
Also have a standee for "Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie" still in the box, never opened.
Old 05-05-03, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Alan Smithee
I have almost every 35mm trailer released between 1991 and 2001 in my closet.
Now that is pretty damn impressive. Do you have favorites?
Old 05-06-03, 08:11 AM

Location: Home of the 2006 Rose Bowl Winners and Future National Champion Ohio State Buckeyes!
I forgot to mention these, though not sure if they count as movie memorabilia:

My entire set of Kevin Smith films is autographed. I ordered each one from The Jay and Silent Bob Store on View Akew's website.
Old 05-06-03, 05:40 PM
Rest in Peace

Man what a search for combination safe

I have this Sentry brand floor safe holding my treasures, when I posted I started trying to find the combination what a search.

Almost had to call Lee Van Cleef from the movie "For a Few Dollars More" on the set Cleefs character Col. Mortimer had a vial of acid which opened the safe. LOL
Old 05-06-03, 06:08 PM
Banned

I have the original theatrical poster of "Rocky" (the first one) when it first released, it was a Christmas gift.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.