Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Spy Kids 3-D "Game Over"

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Spy Kids 3-D "Game Over"

Old 02-13-03, 01:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sylvester Stallone Joins Spy Kids 3

Sylvester Stallone has signed up to play the chief villain, called the Toymaker, in the upcoming Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over, Variety reported. In the third installment in the popular franchise, Stallone will play the longtime nemesis of the Cortez family, who traps young Carmen (Alexa Vega) in a warped virtual-reality game, the trade paper reported.

Vega, Antonio Banderas and Daryl Sabara will be returning to the third picture, as will helmer Robert Rodriguez, the trade paper reported. Carla Gugino, who played mom Ingrid Cortez in the first two films, is said to be in advanced talks to return for 3-D.

Spy Kids 3-D is now shooting, with an eye to a July release
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-m.../11/11.45.film
Old 02-13-03, 01:57 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
one question: why?!
Old 02-13-03, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome.. (well maybe all except the stallone part).
Old 02-13-03, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
Does this mean he's officially hit rock bottom now?
Old 02-13-03, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Chad
Does this mean he's officially hit rock bottom now?
Well.. if Spy Kids 3 is HALF as good as either of the other too.. it'll be the best film he's been invlovled with in what, a decade?
Old 02-13-03, 03:11 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Stallone in a movie that might be good? This news can't be true.
Old 02-13-03, 03:21 PM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Good news. He's got to do whatever he's got to do to be in a movie that is not direct-to-video.
Old 03-06-03, 12:04 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Spy Kids 3: Game Over - is this really going to be in 3D?

Is this the resurgence of 3D feature length films? If so, I hope the technology is out there, that like IMAX 3D, clear glasses will and can be implemented.
Old 03-06-03, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The word is that only certain sequences will be in 3-D. Something about "going inside a video game". The mainstream theatrical release will likely be exhibited in red/blue anaglyph format; but if a few IMAX prints are made up they could use either polarized or the LCD field sequential glasses for a much better effect.

I don't think we are going to see feature length stuff in 3-D again until digital projection really comes into its own. When it is widespread, it will be much easier to show good quality 3-D in a lot of theatres at once.

Right now, polarized format with special projection lenses is just too complicated for multi-plexes that are staffed by kids, and where projectionists are running 15 prints at once. Most theatres don't have the required silver screens, etc. The anaglyph red/blue stuff requires no special equipment other than the glasses, so it can be done on 2500 screens at once, but it isn't good enough for an entire feature film.

Digital projection (either from disc or eventually beamed by satellite) would allow theatres to show an IMAX 3-D type of presentation without such a complicated set up.

Eventually, 3-D features will return, even if on a limited basis.
Old 03-06-03, 12:33 PM
Banned

Seems like it would be easy for "select IMAX presentations" to be in 3-D. Especially since Spy Kids is released by Disney and Disney has been active in IMAX releases. Sounds cool, I like 3-D
Old 03-06-03, 12:35 PM
zig

I always thought Stallone would be a good match with Rodriguez directing.
Old 03-06-03, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts
Is Rodriguez directing this one as well? If so, a big to him for bringing back movies that are good clean fun for kids without being too childish or cheesy.
Old 03-06-03, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. DVD
Is Rodriguez directing this one as well? If so, a big to him for bringing back movies that are good clean fun for kids without being too childish or cheesy.
Kinda funny that this comes from the same guy who brought us El Mariachi/Desperado/Once Upon a Time in Mexico (aka Desperado 2), The Faculty and From Dusk Till Dawn, no?
Old 03-07-03, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The funny thing is, he only started production in January or February, and it is slated for release this summer! He works that fast!
Old 03-07-03, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

He also works outside of the studio system a lot. I believe he edits the majority of his features at his house. I think he also has limited special effects capabilities at his house too. This allows him to work quickly
Old 03-07-03, 10:10 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
Sorry, but both Spy Kids movies defined the words of childish and cheesy. I know those movies are praised a lot on this board but they just weren't anything special. Rodriquez needs to stick to his guns. (pun intended)
Old 03-07-03, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by lesterlong
Sorry, but both Spy Kids movies defined the words of childish and cheesy. I know those movies are praised a lot on this board but they just weren't anything special. Rodriquez needs to stick to his guns. (pun intended)
Well... uh - they're kid's movies. That's like saying you don't believe Maria's character on Sesamie Street would be able to live in that neighborhood on her flowershop income alone... plus, elmo's character seems quite childish with the silly baby talk - and what's with his fur color? That doesn't look real at all.
Old 03-07-03, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Rodriguez made these films because he wanted to make a film that his kids could watch. It's suppose to be a little bit "childish" because hey... he made it that way. I agree with trigger, You can't get angry that these are too childish..
Old 03-09-03, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think the Spy Kids movies are great. Even better, considering he's editing these movies on an IMac in his garage at home.

R. Rodriguez is a genius.
Old 03-09-03, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
I agree with trigger
First sign of the apocalypse!
Old 05-03-03, 07:43 AM
Banned

Spy Kids 3-D "Game Over"

Just wanted to post some things about the new Spy Kids flick. This 3-D thing is going to really cool I'm telling ya:

(In that pic, you can see the audience wearing 3-D glasses.)

A few interesting facts about the new movie:

-Special cameo appearances in the movie will include Selma Hayek and George Clooney!!!!

-James Cameron is helping them with the 3-D work, he was the one who developed the 3-D camera for the movie

Also, the trailer is not up on the internet yet, if anyone can find it for me please do post it in this thread, because I can't find it anywhere. The trailer is already playing in theaters but they don't have it online for some reason.

I'm really am looking forward to this movie. I'm not really into kids flicks that much but for some reason I am now anticipated to see "Spy Kids 3D". Maybe it's because of the 3D thing and Sly playing the villian. I don't give a crap if this movie bombs or not, but I'm just happy to see Sly finally making a BIG SCREEN COMEBACK!!!!

I'm sure this movie will be a huge success, most kids movies are a huge success anyway. Kids movies like the first "Pokemon", "Rugrats: The Movie", "Harry Potter" (adults like Harry Potter too but it's popular for kids), and many others. Since the first two Spy Kids was a major hit, I'm sure this will be too.

I had never even seen the first two Spy Kids movies before but I'll definitely watch the first two before the 3rd one comes out.
Old 05-03-03, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I saw the trailer for this before X2.

And judging by your screename I know why you posted..

But there's only ONE THING that could possibly get me to see this flick..

Salma in 3D!

Old 05-03-03, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The first Spy Kids was cool, the second was lame...hopefully this one is worth seeing.

Selma in 3d - yummy.
Old 05-03-03, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I am a big fan of the first TWO spy kids flicks... I thought the second was even better than the first film, and hopefully part 3 won't disappoint. The 3-D technology is fantastic (if you've seen Ghosts of the Abyss, you know what I mean) and I can't wait to see the Kids in this kind of environment, should be spectacular.

MATT

Robert Rodriguez rules
Old 05-04-03, 06:32 AM
Banned

I'm glad you guys are looking forward to Spy Kids 3 even though that Stallone is in it.

Most people won't see it because Stallone is playing the villian which is kind of a sad reason why people won't see it.

Some people would go see "Spy Kids 3" because:

1. Some people may be a huge Spy Kids fan
2. They would go see it for the 3-D thing
3. People would see it because a certain favorite actors of theirs is in it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.