Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else as psyched for Underwold as I am?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Is anyone else as psyched for Underwold as I am?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-03, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i thought it looked bad ass. sorta like blade. ill defintely see this!
Old 05-07-03, 08:36 PM

anyone know the name of the song that plays during the trailer?
Old 05-07-03, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am very psyched about this movie. I think it looks awesome.

Originally posted by Sessa17
I don't know what the chandlerbings mean...
Chandler Bing? Matthew Perry's character on Friends? You know... could this thread be more off track?
Old 05-08-03, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,734 Likes on 1,887 Posts
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/mod...rder=0&thold=0

says that the it might be undergoing a title change to "The Covenant" and will probably be PG-13.

*sigh*
Old 05-08-03, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by Josh-da-man
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/mod...rder=0&thold=0

says that the it might be undergoing a title change to "The Covenant" and will probably be PG-13.

*sigh*
I was suppose to attend a screening last night with the same title, I knew it was Underwolrd cause the description I got was pretty much exactly the same. However, when I got there, the screening was cancelled.
Old 05-08-03, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
[B

*sigh* [/B]
Well, I was the one who started this thread, & clearly I was more excited than most about this movie.

However, I for one now could care less about this movie & am utterly pissed off. Why the hell is this movie Pg-13. It's a movie about werewolves & vampires killing each other. Clearly that is not aimed at kids. Clearly that is not the kind of movie most parent would take their kids to see. clearly that is not the premise for a good family movie. I am so sick of this nancy political correct age we live in where studios are so desperate to make a few extra bucks & not offend anyone with violent content or subject matter.
Old 05-08-03, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Regardless of the rating or the title, the movie looks lame to me. Still, I'm sure I'll see it--if not at the theatre, then as a rental on DVD.
Old 05-08-03, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,655 Likes on 1,032 Posts
Well, I was the one who started this thread, & clearly I was more excited than most about this movie.

However, I for one now could care less about this movie & am utterly pissed off. Why the hell is this movie Pg-13. It's a movie about werewolves & vampires killing each other. Clearly that is not aimed at kids. Clearly that is not the kind of movie most parent would take their kids to see. clearly that is not the premise for a good family movie. I am so sick of this nancy political correct age we live in where studios are so desperate to make a few extra bucks & not offend anyone with violent content or subject matter.
As much as I'd like to see this be as violent as possible, the studios are in the business to make money, not to make "cool" movies.

The Matrix is an exception, but most rated-R movies don't do very well at the box office.

If you are talking about millions of dollars of a difference between a PG-13 and an R, it becomes pretty clear what is going to happen.

That being said, most R-ratings come from language and sex. PG-13 movies can still be extremely violent and bad-ass so I'm holding out hope.

Oh, and it's "couldn't care less." Sorry, personal pet peeve.
Old 05-08-03, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Draven
As much as I'd like to see this be as violent as possible, the studios are in the business to make money, not to make "cool" movies.

The Matrix is an exception, but most rated-R movies don't do very well at the box office.

If you are talking about millions of dollars of a difference between a PG-13 and an R, it becomes pretty clear what is going to happen.

That being said, most R-ratings come from language and sex. PG-13 movies can still be extremely violent and bad-ass so I'm holding out hope.

Oh, and it's "couldn't care less." Sorry, personal pet peeve.
I never said I don't understand why movies are Pg-13. I know why. And most R rated movies don't do good b/c they are bad movies. A good movie will make mega-millions of dollars no matter what the rating, look at Terminator, Rambo, Aliens, Predator, Gladiator I could go on & on. I said I don't understand why THIS movie is PG-13. Like I said, it's about guns & werewolves & vampires that kill people. It's not a kid theme, it's not a family movie, that is not it's target audience so make it R. If it's just to get a few extra million from older teenagers, well then so be it. But that doesn't mean I have to like it.

And by the way, save the grammar corrections for your kid's homework, high & mighty. This is just a message board, I type how I talk, & I type fast, I don't proof read my message board posts. Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine. (See how annoying that is)
Old 05-08-03, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,655 Likes on 1,032 Posts
I never said I don't understand why movies are Pg-13. I know why. And most R rated movies don't do good b/c they are bad movies. A good movie will make mega-millions of dollars no matter what the rating, look at Terminator, Rambo, Aliens, Predator, Gladiator I could go on & on. I said I don't understand why THIS movie is PG-13. Like I said, it's about guns & werewolves & vampires that kill people. It's not a kid theme, it's not a family movie, that is not it's target audience so make it R. If it's just to get a few extra million from older teenagers, well then so be it. But that doesn't mean I have to like it.

And by the way, save the grammar corrections for your kid's homework, high & mighty. This is just a message board, I type how I talk, & I type fast, I don't proof read my message board posts. Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine. (See how annoying that is)
Those are extreme examples. And it's an extreme generalization to say that most R-rated movies are bad. It's more like most MOVIES are mediocre at best. If a PG-13 rating helps the studio make money (which is the only reason most movies are made) then more power to them.

And no, it's not annoying to me. I'd prefer to speak (and write) correctly so if someone points out an error, I'm glad to hear it
Old 05-08-03, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Family movies are rated G.

Being a family movie and recieving an PG-13 rating instead of an R have almost nothing to do with each other. Do you know the filmmaker, cause if it was his/her intention to make an R film, than yeah, we got a little gyped. If you just think based on your own ideas that it should be R rated, than you are just gyping yourself.