Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

List your Movie Theatre rant here

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-03, 12:13 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate it when people talk during the movies.
I also hate it when they bring in little kids or babies.
Old 03-16-03, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just hate people! haha jk.

the worst thing is when a person snores during a movie, and you have to wake that person (who is a stranger) up.

little kids, smart ass teens (that think they're hardcore when they add a comment during the movie)

and people who sit RIGHT next to me when there are plenty of seats elsewhere
Old 03-16-03, 12:23 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: List your Movie Theatre rant here

Originally posted by IC_Freeze
I hate it when people talk during the movies.
I also hate it when they bring in little kids or babies.
That qualifies as a rant? That's more like a "ra."

Moving to Movie Talk from Other.
Old 03-16-03, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Mole177

the worst thing is when a person snores during a movie, and you have to wake that person (who is a stranger) up.

we had the problem at "About Schmidt". The woman could not stay awake and she started snoring about ten minutes into the movie. We finally moved to the other side of the theater.

Damn annoying.

If my wife gets annoyed she let's the people know. One time we were watching a flick that had some girl on girl kissing. There were some teens in front of us that would say "ewww, gross" every time. After a few times of this my wife yelled "GROW UP!".
Old 03-16-03, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Poor seats.

At "Far From Heaven" my wife sat down and said it felt like a spring. Sure enough, there was a major bulge so we had to move down a few rows.

Right after that a couple came in and took the same seats. After the movie we noticed they stayed in the row, but had the bad seat in between them.
Old 03-16-03, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hate when people take all the seats in a theatre and force me to sit in the first few rows so my neck is bent by the end of the film.
Old 03-16-03, 12:57 AM

I hate it when movies suck.
Old 03-16-03, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 413 Likes on 358 Posts
Originally posted by Mole177

and people who sit RIGHT next to me when there are plenty of seats elsewhere
We went to see some movie that had been out a while and it was like a 4:00pm show. Maybe Bond or something. Literally we were the only ones in the theater My wife and I sit in the middle row, at the isle of this small theater. (we didn't take the kids cause we were scared IC_Freeze would be mad).

Sure enough in walks a group of about 6-7 folks. And they sit in OUR row. Take up the rest of the row! Now, the entire theater is empty except our row is full!! I thought that was so weird. I'll admit it even mad me feel a little uncomfortable. Not sure why. They didn't bother us in any way...but why sit right there??? Did they think since we were in the row it must be the best? I wispered to my wife if she wanted to move, and she said no. That, that WOULD be weird!
Old 03-16-03, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I went to see Adaptation and the movie starts. The credits start with a black background with the text at the bottom of the screen. The projectionist then adjusts the projector so that text is centered... but when an actual image appears on the screen it's now halfway off the screen. They quickly adjust it back- only not quite right, and then quickly stop paying attention to the film since the occasional subtitles are halfway off the screen when they appear and a boom mike is visable in 2 or 3 scenes for the rest of the film.

I kept asking myself why didn't I just wait for the DVD, which is what I plan to do from now on.
Old 03-16-03, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

<--- Feel free to slap me if I start snoring.
Old 03-16-03, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 353 Likes on 229 Posts
I hate it if I have to sit near strangers. I went to see Daredevil by myself on the opening show and since it was afternoon, the theater was fairly empty. So some guy comes and sits one seat away from me. I was all irritated but thought it would be okay until I noticed he made a "MMMM" noise after every time he took a drink. So I got up and moved.

Then someone else came and sat one seat away from me again. Call me Howard Hughes, but I just got up and moved again. I was in a good block of empty seats then, and was left alone for the rest of the movie.

tasha
Old 03-16-03, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Sdallnct
We went to see some movie that had been out a while and it was like a 4:00pm show. Maybe Bond or something. Literally we were the only ones in the theater My wife and I sit in the middle row, at the isle of this small theater. (we didn't take the kids cause we were scared IC_Freeze would be mad).

Sure enough in walks a group of about 6-7 folks. And they sit in OUR row. Take up the rest of the row! Now, the entire theater is empty except our row is full!! I thought that was so weird. I'll admit it even mad me feel a little uncomfortable. Not sure why. They didn't bother us in any way...but why sit right there??? Did they think since we were in the row it must be the best? I wispered to my wife if she wanted to move, and she said no. That, that WOULD be weird!
Sounds like a candid camera type gag.
Old 03-16-03, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
Originally posted by theneobez
I hate when people take all the seats in a theatre and force me to sit in the first few rows so my neck is bent by the end of the film.
I hate it when people come in late...

Old 03-16-03, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by tasha99
So some guy comes and sits one seat away from me. I was all irritated but thought it would be okay until I noticed he made a "MMMM" noise after every time he took a drink.

Sounds like a psycho.

I always hate it when the place it mostly empty and someone has to sit right in front of me.
Old 03-16-03, 12:28 PM
Banned

I hate people who bring in little kids and babies to the movies. The don't understand a damn thing thats going on so leave them at home! Jeebus! I remember during Gods and Generals these people brought in a 3 or 4 year old kid! To a 4 hour movie about the Civil War! C'mon! They did leave about 30 minutes into the movie. Guess they really didn't like it.

I hate it when the theater is packed! Go get a job or something and leave me alone so i can enjoy the movie!

People who sit right next to me is the worst! Sit somewhere else please! You don't know me so leave me alone!
Old 03-16-03, 02:14 PM
colossus

FOCUS THE F'ING PICTURE ALREADY.

Most times I see a movie, I find myself planning on getting the DVD just so I can see the &^%^%$%$ thing in focus.

This includes AMC, Regal, and United Artists, all over the east coast.
Old 03-16-03, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Movies that are not projected right. I saw two boom mikes in chicago. (one during "all that jazz" and one right after Roxie sang her song about Amos
Old 03-16-03, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Rypro 525
I saw two boom mikes in chicago. (one during "all that jazz" and one right after Roxie sang her song about Amos
Aaron Amos?
Old 03-16-03, 07:58 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Buford T Pusser
Aaron Amos?
You know the rules.
Old 03-17-03, 02:28 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

People who bring kids and babies. People who sit next to you and eat their popcorn so loud.