Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

NEWS!! One & Only Spider-man 2 NEWS!!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

NEWS!! One & Only Spider-man 2 NEWS!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-03, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spider-Man 2 Moved Back to July 2, 2004
Thursday, March 27, 2003 12:29 CST
superherohype.com

Variety reports that, although Tobey Maguire will remain in the red and blue tights, Sony's Spider-Man 2 has been pushed back from a May 7 release to July 2, 2004. The film is now set for release up against the Will Smith starrer "I, Robot", from 20th Century Fox. The trade says...

The "Spidey" move stemmed from a delay in lensing the comicbook sequel, which was pushed from January to mid-April earlier this year. The production postponement traces not to Maguire's infamously sore back but to his turn as the jockey atop "Seabiscuit." That pic wrapped in February, a month after "Spider-Man 2" hoped to begin production.

"Seabiscuit" is a Universal pic, so U effectively got a bead on the likelihood of "Spidey" bolting his initial slot. Studio then moved with Seabiscuit speed to fill the vacancy.

"The July 4 holiday weekend is traditionally one of the most anticipated weekends of the box office year, and it's going to be a great date to launch 'Spider-Man 2,'" said Sony marketing and distribution boss Jeff Blake.

Hugh Jackman's monster movie "Van Helsing", from Universal Pictures, will instead take over the May 7 spot.

Variety adds that Sony is working on a tight production schedule for the Spidey sequel, as co-star Kirsten Dunst begins her next film, Universal's "Wimbledon", in June. Executives were recently relieved when Maguire decided his much-discussed sore back would be sufficiently healed.
Old 03-27-03, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts
Good, they changed the date. I really didn't understand the obsession with that date anyway, aside from the fact that it mirrors the original.
Old 03-27-03, 01:55 PM

I don't mind the date being changed either. As long as it wasn't push back another year!!!
Old 04-08-03, 12:04 PM

Dunst No Plain Mary Jane

Kirsten Dunst—who reprises the role of Mary Jane Watson in the upcoming sequel film The Amazing Spider-Man—told SCI FI Wire that moviegoers should expect a very different character. "She's going to be a much stronger woman and empowered by herself and her sexuality and her choices in life," Dunst said in an interview. "She's going to be a very strong woman."

Dunst added, "I felt that Mary Jane was a little insecure in the beginning and didn't know what she wanted. Now she's taking hold of her life and her decisions and not letting Peter [Tobey Maguire] dictate how their relationship should go."

Dunst said that the sequel deals with loneliness and picks up the first film's theme of responsibility and great power. She added that she met with director Sam Raimi and the screenwriters last year, before any script was written. "[They] asked where I saw my character going and what I wanted," she said. "And they gave it to me. That's really nice, to be able to change things and to really be creatively involved in where you want your character to go. ... I think it's going to be better than the first one, for sure."

The Amazing Spider-Man starts production on April 12, with an eye to a July 2, 2004, release.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-m.../04/11.45.film
Old 04-08-03, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, MJ did get stronger in the comics so I hope it works out.
Old 04-08-03, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 724 Likes on 529 Posts
Psst...
Spoiler:
They have casted Curt Connors.
Old 04-10-03, 01:46 PM

Gillies is John Jameson in Spider-Man 2!!
Thursday, April 10, 2003 12:44 CDT

New Zealand actor Daniel Gillies will star as Kirsten Dunst's love interest in Columbia Pictures' Spider-Man 2, reports Variety.

Gillies will portray John Jameson, an astronaut who woos Mary Jane Watson (Dunst), true love of Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire).

Gillies has wrapped a lead role in James Merendino's "Trespass". After wrapping Spider-Man 2, Gillies will shoot "Head in the Clouds", opposite Charlize Theron, Penelope Cruz and Stuart Townsend, for director John Duigan. He also appeared in the Showtime series "Jeremiah".

Spider-Man 2 begins production Saturday in New York (April 12) under the direction of Sam Raimi. Laura Ziskin produces, with production co-president Matt Tolmach supervising for the studio.
Old 04-10-03, 01:47 PM

Are you joking about
Spoiler:
Dr.Connors??
Old 04-10-03, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 724 Likes on 529 Posts
Originally posted by White Knight
Are you joking about
Spoiler:
Dr.Connors??
No.
Spoiler:
Just remember, they casted Eddie Brock and Curt Connors in the last movie and they wound up on the cutting room floor.

EDIT: I take that back now. Not knowing this actor's name and looking him up on imdb.com, I don't think he'll end up on the cutting room floor.

Last edited by devilshalo; 04-10-03 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-10-03, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am sure that anyone who reads the comics knows

Spoiler:
John Jameson is J.J.'s son.

While I don't see it soon, this could lead to a possible storyline introduction for
Spoiler:
Venom, seeing as how he will probably be in space in the next one and bring back the symbiote.
Old 04-10-03, 08:23 PM

Dr. DVD that would be very cool...just setting it up...getting everything ready for SIII
Old 04-11-03, 11:44 PM

More Spider-Man 2 Casting!
Friday, April 11, 2003 6:04 CDT

How's this for a scoop the day before Spider-Man 2 officially starts filming in New York? We're just received word from 'Farrah's Panties' (dig the name), what the rest of the cast looks like. There's some surprises waiting for you (click the links for pics)...

From the cast listing:
Dylan Baker has been cast as Curt Connors.
Donna Murphy has been cast as Rosalie Octavius.
Christina Della Rose and Susie Park are unnamed nurses.
Ted Raimi is back as Hoffman.
Willem Dafoe is listed as Norman Osborn.
Cliff Robertson is listed as Uncle Ben.

The "Head of State" star is an interesting choice for Curt Connors, aka The Lizard. Who is Rosalie, and how will Dafoe and Robertson appear in the sequel? Guess we'll soon find out. If you'd like to talk about this latest news, then please join this thread on the SHH! Boards.
Old 04-12-03, 08:18 PM

Here comes for info on set pictures:
http://www.filmmagic.com/GalleryList...p=gls====25708

First Spider-Man 2 New York Set Report!
Saturday, April 12, 2003 4:07 CDT

The production is barely underway in New York, and here is 'TrinityVixen' with the first Spider-Man 2 set report already! There's several possible spoilers of course...

Since I didn't know about this site for the first SPIDER-MAN movie, I didn't post about the filming here. Ah to be older and wiser...

Anyway, SPIDER-MAN 2 has cast and crew back on the central campus of Columbia University. Sightings include Tobey Maguire and Sam Raimi. Tobey was sporting what looked like a corduroy black or dark brown jacket, grey t-shirt, jeans, and a grey-greenish backpack slung over one shoulder. Sam was, of course, decked out in a nice dark suit as ever with a blue tie and shades (sunny day).

What were those masked men filming? Tobey is the only cast member who seemed to be involved or even around, and the scene I watched being shot twice revolved (literally, the camera panned 360 degrees around him) around him using a pay phone next to Columbia's Kent building. No word on the content of the phone call, but he didn't seem overly angry or excited, so there's no telling (not from the 100 plus feet the crew kept us at), what part this might play in the sequel. Extras walked, bike-rode, and skateboarded by in dark, cold-weather clothes, so it is most likely another autumn scene as was the scene at Columbia in the first movie.

And that's all she wrote!
Old 04-13-03, 08:59 AM

superherohype.com

Doc Ock's costume will more or less consist of a dirty lab coat (to suggest that he's gone crazy and hasn't even changed his clothes), the tentacles come out of the harness from his back rather than his sides, and the end of the tentacles, while having the comic version 3 pronged metal claws, will also have another set of tiny claws in the middle that come out to do things like typing, and more delicate tasks which big claws couldn't do.

Also, the reports of doc's tentacles being all animatronic is true (obviously since dykstra himself said so, but that said...), although I believe they're more referring to the close-up shots etc. it'd be absurd to think that no cg would be used at all (aka the wide shots)
Old 04-21-03, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry everybody, but I've lost interest in becoming an extra since talking to some friends and finding out that it usually involves hours and hours of standing.

Anyway..I wanted to report that on my way to work this morning, I stepped out of the subway here in NYC and was greeted by a shiny DAILY BUGLE truck. My normal path down part of Carmine St. was blocked and taped off by set security. I didn't see anyone at 10 AM when I arrived but I will check again around 12PM or so. Huge panavision cranes, light screens, no other cool props or set pieces besides the truck though. Looks like they were setting up to film a scene in/around Joe's Pizza by West 4th.
Old 04-21-03, 12:37 PM

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryList...p=gls====26102
Old 04-21-03, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by CuriousGeorge
Sorry everybody, but I've lost interest in becoming an extra since talking to some friends and finding out that it usually involves hours and hours of standing.

but the spidey crew pin they give you is worth all that standing.
Old 05-23-03, 09:07 AM

Tobey Maguire on Spider-Man 2
Thursday, May 22, 2003 11:41 CDT

Tobey Maguire answered fans' questions at MTV about his upcoming film "Seabiscuit", and Spider-Man 2 came up as well...

Q: The first "Spider Man" was awesome. I heard the next one's coming out soon. Can you give any sneak peeks? — Nick

Maguire: The next one is coming out in a little over a year. I can't really tell you what it's about, but I can tell you that I'm really excited about it and we're having fun making it.

We have a great script and the same team of people making the film, so I feel really good about going in and making this sequel. I think we're raising the bar and we're bettering ourselves in every way. I'm about a quarter of the way into shooting and I can't wait to see it myself.
Old 05-23-03, 09:08 AM

Brooke Adams Talks Spider-Man 2 Role!
Thursday, May 22, 2003 10:39 CDT

'Bethany' sent in this great report on what Brooke Adams said today about her role in Spider-Man 2. There's spoilers, so be warned!

Brooke Adams, who stars in Spider-Man II as Felicia Hardy, was on New York's Z100 FM this morning. She was getting interviewed from Los Angeles. She talked a lot about Spider-Man II, revealing some potential spoilers about Peter and MJ (and the wedding mess,) what it was like to be filming scenes, and how many boyfriends she has in the film (3.) She said she was basically the 'slut' of the film. She also revealed more about the plot and what Felicia Hardys role would be, she did say stuff about how her character helps contribute to the next movie by making someone crazy (maybe james franco?) and that her character is a pretty vital character in the film, but not necessarily too big of a role.
Old 05-23-03, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by White Knight
Brooke Adams Talks Spider-Man 2 Role!
Thursday, May 22, 2003 10:39 CDT

'Bethany' sent in this great report on what Brooke Adams said today about her role in Spider-Man 2. There's spoilers, so be warned!

Brooke Adams, who stars in Spider-Man II as Felicia Hardy, was on New York's Z100 FM this morning. She was getting interviewed from Los Angeles. She talked a lot about Spider-Man II, revealing some potential spoilers about Peter and MJ (and the wedding mess,) what it was like to be filming scenes, and how many boyfriends she has in the film (3.) She said she was basically the 'slut' of the film. She also revealed more about the plot and what Felicia Hardys role would be, she did say stuff about how her character helps contribute to the next movie by making someone crazy (maybe james franco?) and that her character is a pretty vital character in the film, but not necessarily too big of a role.
WTF??? When did Brooke Adams get cast as Felicia Hardy? This hag is like 50 years old, how can she play the Black Cat???
Old 05-23-03, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by johnglass
WTF??? When did Brooke Adams get cast as Felicia Hardy? This hag is like 50 years old, how can she play the Black Cat???
And her eyeballs are uneven!

Old 05-23-03, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ok, it appears there is another Brooke Adams that is much younger than the hag, but IMDB has this one above listed as Felicia Hardy in Spiderman 2.

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Adams,+Brooke

Edit: Here's a pic. Ahhhhh much better!

Last edited by johnglass; 05-23-03 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-23-03, 09:53 AM

ahhhhh sexy
Old 05-23-03, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Could someone please give me a link to the Brooke Adams being used in this film? The guys at the university must be REAL desperate if they are chasing after the one listed at the IMDB.
Old 05-23-03, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You can go to spidermanhype.com and do a search, they have the picture of her.

Try this.

http://www.superherohype.com/cgi-bin...1118409,70471,

And here.

http://superherohype.com/cgi-bin/ima...s.jpg&img=&tt=

Last edited by johnglass; 05-23-03 at 11:20 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.