Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Soderbergh, Clooney Reteam for Ocean's Twelve

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Soderbergh, Clooney Reteam for Ocean's Twelve

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-05, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You people must have some really high standards to think Ocean's 12 was terrible. It's better than the majority of shit people call "movies".
Old 05-05-05, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mopower
You people must have some really high standards to think Ocean's 12 was terrible. It's better than the majority of shit people call "movies".
Obviously your standards are too low because this is definitely NOT better than the majority of other movies out there...it may not be much worse than the majority but certainly not better.
Old 05-05-05, 06:51 PM

I thought it was wonderful, and I far preferred it to the first. It's a brilliant joke, and guess what? The joke is on you, the audience member who wonders "Where are all the heists?" This is sort of condescending, but it's also hilarious to me.
Old 05-05-05, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Although I agree with all of the complaints, I am very, very glad I saw this movie.

Why?

Because the soundtrack is absolutely fantastic! David Holmes really exceeds his work on the 1st film and this is easily the hippest soundtrack since Kill Bill's two.
Old 05-05-05, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
the look a like thing was lamer than shit
Old 05-15-05, 03:40 AM

horrible movie
Old 05-15-05, 03:45 AM

Received 1,916 Likes on 1,130 Posts
If by "terrible" you mean "different" and thus "good," then yes, I agree.
Old 05-15-05, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I found the sequel mildly entertaining. What it seemed to me is that Soderbergh made the decision to use O12 as a way to almost "trick" mainstream auidences into seeing an art film. The plot was also obviously handicapped by having to keep tabs on all of the various characters.
Old 05-16-05, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Put another tally in the "terrible" column; I barely made it through this one. The "Julia Roberts" cameo pretty much did it for me. I had a real hard time not rolling my eyes at the plot after that. The Topher Grace cameo was amusing though, and Damon did well.
Old 05-16-05, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
O11 was great. 12 was entertainig but it lacked the intelligent spark the 1st one had.
Old 05-17-05, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The second movie lacked everything that made the first great IMO. The first was stylish and clever, with a complex plot that came together perfectly in the end. The second was a mess, with as someone has already mentioned, grandstanding characters, a messy plot, and the biggest cop out ending (not the Julia Roberts thing, how they got the egg). The end of the movie makes you wonder why the hell you just watched the second half of the film.

Also I found the Brazillian dance fighting (?) to avoid the laser beams just plain silly.
Old 05-17-05, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thought it was funny what they did with Roberts, playing herself but not herself - never seen that in a movie before.

Glad I rented the DVD for free and did not spend the movie in the theater.
Old 05-17-05, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
This may be the most divisive movie in recent memory. I'm honestly surprised that so many people hate it. What a bunch of killjoys.
Old 06-03-05, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A Couple "Ocean's Twelve" Questions.

Just watched this DVD last night.. Pretty funny flick. Some confusing parts I have questions about.

1. When Bruce Willis goes up to "Julia Roberts" hotel room he asks her "How's Danny?" Now this is her actual (Tess) husband's name.. Is that a screwup or is there a Danny in Julia Roberts life too that we were supposed to know?

2. Who the heck is the kid on the train at the end with the "real" egg and how / why does he have it?

3. So if that kid had the real train and that french dude stole a fake, then Ocean's Twelve were just stealing another fake when they wen in with Tess?
Old 06-03-05, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

1. Julia Robert's husband is Danial Moder, married 2002.

2. The kid was just an undercover courier for the museum/government or whoever was moving the egg. It is stated in the beginning that they often use decoys when transporting it. In this case they had a decoy go out in plain view while the real egg was quietly snuck out the side.

3. Yes. The real egg never made it to the museum. The Ocean's Twelve crew had it the whole time. They were tipped off to the kid on the train by LeMarc in order to set the frenchman up.

Now, can someone refresh my memory and explain why LeMarc put everyone thru all this? Was it just to reunite with his daughter, or am I forgetting something?
Old 06-03-05, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by wmansir
Now, can someone refresh my memory and explain why LeMarc put everyone thru all this? Was it just to reunite with his daughter, or am I forgetting something?
My guess is that he put them through it because Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Julia Roberts and company wanted a free trip to Europe and a paycheck. At least, that's the best explanation I can come up with for this film's plot..

-JP
Old 06-03-05, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by wmansir
I was under the impression that LeMarc got involved when he realized it was his fault that Toulour was blackmailing Ocean's Eleven after he didn't contest the American boasting that the Benedict Job was the greatest heist that was ever done. This was what caused Toulour to notify Benedict of the whereabouts of Ocean's Eleven and begin the contest. In helping Ocean's group, LeMarc happened to reunite with his daughter.

But reading what you said, i'm not so sure anymore. Maybe finding about his daughter happened first? Hmph.
Old 09-02-05, 02:23 PM

Name of song in Ocean's Twelve trailer

What is the title of the first song in this trailer, and who is it by?

Ocean's Twelve Trailer

If anyone knows, please tell me! Thanks!
Old 09-02-05, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
According to this page, http://soundtrack.net/trailers/?cid=O&id=1466, they are mostly by David Holmes, probably from the Ocean's Eleven soundtrack, so I would start looking there first.
Old 09-02-05, 03:29 PM

It's definitely the theme song from "The Man With The Golden Arm," but it doesn't sound like the original recording. If anyone knows the exact version, it would be a great help.
Old 09-03-05, 12:10 AM
Banned

Ugh. Watching that trailer reminded me of how badly i was looking forward to that movie...and how utterly disappointed i was with it. Good trailer though.