Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

AOTC clone identity question?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 11-26-02, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a spoiler. If it has been mentioned before in the many threads then I apologize but I didn't see anything at first glance

Spoiler:
In AOTC when Obiwan is getting the tour of the clone factory there is a shot of some of the clones eating. I swear this clone has the identity of the Naboo officer (forget the name) which is often with Senator Amidala. Now, I know that Jenga Fett was the original identity of the clone but I have watched the movie several times and I am positive that it is the Naboo officer. Does anyone have any thoughts?

I think there will be an ambush of some kind in Episode III using this cloned Naboo officer because Senator Amidala trusts him completely. I think Lucas threw this shot in there thinking no one would notice. Jenga Fett and the Naboo officer do look quite a bit alike.

Tell me what you think. If I am mistaken don't keep from flaming me.
Old 11-26-02, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, not him. AOTC is his first Star Wars film.
Old 11-26-02, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah I believe they used the same actor for those shots. Pretty stupid if you ask me. "Let's remove the eyepatch and maybe no one will notice"

Jay Laga'ia I think was his name. "Captain Typho"
Old 11-26-02, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The clones in the cafeteria were played by Bodie Taylor and not Jay Laga'aia.

Bodie Taylor (young Jango Fett clone)

Jay Laga'aia (Captain Typho)

So what do I win?

Last edited by greatjedi; 11-26-02 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-26-02, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Your own clone! Make sure not to feed him after midnight!!
Old 11-26-02, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Toad
Your own clone! Make sure not to feed him after midnight!!
Now, do I get to choose who I want a clone of?
Old 11-26-02, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts
Actually, on the Star Wars website, it says that Typho is the nephew of Panaka from TPM.
Old 11-26-02, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
Actually, on the Star Wars website, it says that Typho is the nephew of Panaka from TPM.
So does the novel mentioned.
Old 11-26-02, 09:39 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Originally posted by McHawkson
So does the novel mentioned.
Yoda?
Old 11-26-02, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 164 Likes on 117 Posts
What, do all Maori folks look alike or something? Both the actors who play Jango Fett and Capt. Typho are well known native New Zealand actors. They both have that "Maori" look to them which could make them appear similar at first glance. Bodie Taylor I'm not familiar with but he also looks very Maori as well.
Old 11-27-02, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
This is an interesting question, and really got me thinking. I'm fairly certain that Jango Fett was, indeed, the source of all the clones. So I'm going to lean to the thought that the shot we saw of all the clones eating were supposed to be actors resembling a younger Jango Fett. After all, weren't the clones that were still young boys the spitting image of Boba?
Old 11-27-02, 04:45 PM

I could swear that I heard an interview with Lucas where he stated that the Young Clones were a CGI blend of Bodie Taylor and Temuera Morrison. He wanted them to look like a younger, bulkier Jango.
Old 11-27-02, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't think CGI is THAT good yet.

I think by the time Episode 3 rolls around, there are many different clones from different hosts.

In the original AOTC screenplay, the Kaminoids explain that he reason Jango stays around with them is because they need to take new samples every so often, to stop degregation in the clones.

This makes sense, since the clones in the OT, while all similar, easily controled dumbasses, had different (yet similarly "dead") voices.
Old 11-27-02, 11:37 PM
Banned

They should've made a bunch of Yoda clones to help promote his new toy line.
Old 11-27-02, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by BizRodian
In the original AOTC screenplay, the Kaminoids explain that he reason Jango stays around with them is because they need to take new samples every so often, to stop degregation in the clones.
In novel they mentioned same thing. I was surprised it wasn't included in the movie.
Old 11-28-02, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Time. Little things add up, and it's a long film. Non important stuff goes. It's a pitty.

On TPM there could have been a lot less bashing and some better flow if they explained a few things, and left a few scenes in.
Old 11-28-02, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally posted by BizRodian
I don't think CGI is THAT good yet.

I think by the time Episode 3 rolls around, there are many different clones from different hosts.

This makes sense, since the clones in the OT, while all similar, easily controled dumbasses, had different (yet similarly "dead") voices.
These first-generation clone troopers seem pretty badass, which is a far cry from the bumblers that the empire uses. They either have different hosts, or use a clone as a host, and the quality declines like a recopied videotape.
Old 11-28-02, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Jason: Maybe they're just cheaper to produce. The Empire HAS to be more cost effective, what with their defense budget being dumped in to the oh so secret planet killing project.
Old 11-29-02, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

These first-generation clone troopers seem pretty badass, which is a far cry from the bumblers that the empire uses. They either have different hosts, or use a clone as a host, and the quality declines like a recopied videotape.
Badass against droids... not so hard.
Old 12-02-02, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The thing that always bugged me about this whole thing -- why would they use a bounty hunter as the source for their soldier clones? I'm sure Lucas did that for the fans (who all love Boba Fett), but it really doesn't make any sense if you're creating an army of soldiers.
Old 12-02-02, 03:51 PM

I was waiting for someone to ask that question. What Lucas is doing is using the video games and books to fill in the info around the clone wars, IE why is is Jango Fett the guy cloned, that story is being told in the Bounty Hunter game out for the PS2 and Gamecube.
Pretty good story as well as I have it and playing at present, it has Count Dooku, Zam Wessel in it. The premise behind the story is it seems Darth Sidious and Dooku decide a bounty hunter would be perfect to clone the army for and they put out a reward for a bounty on a rouge Jedi an whoever brings him in gets a 3,000,000 reward.

Last edited by Brewc; 12-02-02 at 10:09 PM.
Old 12-02-02, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think Mace is Landos father.