Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Background to Halloween and FT13th series

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-02, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been looking for a website that tells, in detail, the background of Michael Myers and Jason Vorhees. I can't find anything more than a synopsis of each movie. Can anyone describe the background of these characters to me, or point me to a good website. I know that something happens to MM when he was a kid, but I can't figure out what.

I think I just want to know what the motivation is behind the killings, in the first of each series anyways.
Old 11-11-02, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Spoiler:
michael myers kills his sister at age 6 (i think) and is kept locked up for all those years. then he escapes and starts attacking babysiters.
jason drowns as a kid, or so we think apparently after seeing his mother get her head cut off, he attacks the only survivor at the end and then all hell breaks loose for the next 9 installments.

i hope that helps some.
Old 11-11-02, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So why did Michael Myers
Spoiler:
kill his sister
to begin with?
Old 11-11-02, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not sure why there are spoilers in this thread. According to Halloween 4,5,6 Michael was a part of a Druid cult or something. But there is doubt whether the producers/Akad now adhere to that storyline as it was disregarded in h20 and resurrection.

Pretty lame thing story