Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Harry Potter 2 (no spoilers)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-02, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets today, and it was basically just like the last one. It was okay. I like the books, and what's magical about them is lacking in both films. Same great cast, same absolute faith to the novels, even when it's not smart cinematically, and just a little long.

Oh, and I wouldn't take the really wee ones -- there's some giant monsters in scenes that are intense and, were I an imaginative 3rd grader, that would give me nightmares.

Last edited by veloce; 11-10-02 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11-10-02, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
I saw it today also and I really liked it. I liked it more than the first. Maybe since the movie didn't have to take the time with introducing the characters. The 2.5 hrs went by fast, which is a good thing. The audience really seemed to get into it and most went home happy.

I, too, would warn about younger kids seeing it with some scary scenes. Plus this movie's tone was darker than the first.