Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Have you ever laughed (alone and) "inappropriately" at a movie theater?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Have you ever laughed (alone and) "inappropriately" at a movie theater?

Old 06-05-02, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Boxing Helena

Spoiler:
When the chick wakes up and realized that the doctor has removed her arms (she'ld already lost her legs). I nearly pissed myself. I actually had to leave the theatre since I was the only one laughing.
Old 06-06-02, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts
When people lose body parts I lose it.
Old 06-06-02, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
During "Unbrakable". I found it pretty boring so I started MST3K'ing it in my head. Unfortunatly, I started laughing and then couldn't stop. I tried to stop but then I started back up.

At one point, Bruce Willis goes to a closet and takes out a gun. I thought, "Well this should scare the crap out of them". Like he was going to go around shooting things in the house just to scare his kid. Found it hilarious.

The other time is when Bruce's wife asks if he had ever cheated on her. I thought it'd be great for Bruce to say, "Sure did, with everyone on the block". A very emotional scene during the movie but there I was laughting my ass off.
Old 06-06-02, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by slop101
This one's bad.

A long time ago (still in high school), me and about 3 friends went to see The Running Man at the theater. During a scene where a bad guy, who happens to be black, is thretening Arnold, one of my friends bluts out "F'n n***er". Even though he was just trying to get a reaction from us, the rest of us were appauled. I was even more shocked when the guy 2 rows in front of us turned around at the comment and was black. We all just sunk into our seats and couldn't wait until it was over, at which point we jetted out of there. We gave our friend a really hard time and vowed to never see a movie with him again.
this isn't funny, but a somewhat similar instance:

When a bunch of friends and I went to see Jason X, we all sat on the very last row at the top (stadium seating).

Suddenly a lot of black people started to come in...I mean hordes of them. (there is nothing wrong with this.)

So all of a sudden some white people show up. One of my friend's yells "White people up here!" I was on the floor hiding and laughing because I felt that there was going to be a riot.

I mean my friends are complete rednecks....I live in South Carolina for Lords sake!
Old 06-07-02, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
During that very serious scene in ATOC when the princess and teen Anakin are talking and I guess falling in love. I think it was the princesses bedroom, and to me she looked like she was wearing a dominatrix outfit. I couldn't stop laughing.
Old 06-07-02, 12:03 PM

wazootyman: i agree on we were soldiers!

i think i laughed in the very first minute of batman & robin.... laughing at how shockingly bad it was (and still is).
and i seem to remember turning around to everyone else and wondering what the hell we were all doing in that theatre.
Old 06-07-02, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by silentbob007
Titanic: when the guy falls and hits the propeller because the
Spoiler:
ship
sinks .
Same here. I actually saw it with a group of friends, half of which were girls. The guy falls and hits and we (the guys) couldn't stop laughing through the rest of the movie. The girls started crying (of course), when
Spoiler:
Leonardo DeCrappio died
, and they kept hitting us because we were still laughing.
Old 06-07-02, 03:56 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I also find "Propeller Guy" in Titanic hilarious. I bought the DVD just so I can watch that scene on A-B repeat.
Old 06-07-02, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

In Nekromantik
Spoiler:
When he's ejaculating while stabbing himself.
Old 06-07-02, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 708 Likes on 516 Posts
Ok, I laughed really loud (and so did my friend) at Meet Joe Black.

Spoiler:
The scene where Brad gets hit by the car crossing the street. It was already such a long drawn out scene between Claire Forlani and Brad that when he got hit, I just started to laugh because it broke the mood.

We were there to watch the first trailer of Episode 1 and it was late as other posts stated.

Most times when I find myself laughing, it's because of an 'in-joke' in a movie that often times refers to another movie. Half, if not most audiences never get it.

Last edited by devilshalo; 06-07-02 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-07-02, 05:04 PM

The Others...

SOMETIMES I BLEED
that killed the whole mood and it was over after that.
especially the old lady saying "but mommy, i am your daughter."
Old 06-07-02, 05:52 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A big one for me was in Mission to Mars,
Spoiler:
the Tim Robbins drift away into space forever scene.

Oh, and I laughed through just about every 'sad' part of Deep Impact.
Old 06-07-02, 09:09 PM

I was in the opposite situation once at The Man Who Wasn't There.I love the movie don't get me wrong but there was one scene I didn't consider funny that everybody else in the theatre was laughing at.It was the scene where the car is drifting in slow motion through the air.Was that suppose to be funny? I mean,I didn't even think it was intended as a joke.Alot of people laughed at it though so I could be wrong.Did anybody else think that scene was funny? Am I missing something?
Old 06-07-02, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

My friend and I laughed through the entire movie The Musketeer. I was just so horribly bad that it became funny so we just started making comments out loud and the rest of the auidence got into it and actually became quite entertaining. It was the one and only time where a whole auidence was in agreement that the moive was bad enough to not even care about it.
Old 06-08-02, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think I posted this before....

But in Three Kings, when the small boy gets crushed in slow motion when the ceiling collapses on him, my buddy just burst into spiels of laughter. It was contagious, me and him couldnt stop laughing for like a minute. everyone around us stared at us like we were morons.
Old 06-09-02, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i laughed inappropriately loud in lock, stock and two smoking barrels. though it was supposed to be a funny movie, i guess i was laughing "too" loud.

when i saw mission impossible 2, there was this ***** behind me who kept on laughing out loud and openly criticizing the movie coz she couldn't believe (in her opinion) how bad the movie was. now its fine and good to have an opinion on a movie. but to voice it out and tell it to everybody else WHILE you are watching the movie is plain bad manners.
Old 06-09-02, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
During LOTR a friend laughed when:

Spoiler:
Bilbo Baggins jumped up at Frodo and made that weird face, my friend laughed really loud and the rest of the audience joined in
Old 06-09-02, 12:56 PM

When I went to see Texas Chainsaw Massacre, me and my 2 friends were in stitches when Franklin is moaning while listening to the others having fun and we laughed in other places. There were not many people in the theatre but we were the only ones laughing.
Old 06-09-02, 02:04 PM

This thread sucks. Everything is blacked out and I can't make sense of it.
Old 06-09-02, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's a secret Navajo code thing. You have to be one of the chosen few to decode the secret messages.

Seriously: Hold down your left mouse button and slide your mouse over the mysterious black messages. It should decode but be weary because all messages will self-destruct in
Spoiler:
20 seconds

Last edited by diesteldorf; 06-09-02 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-09-02, 03:51 PM
Tob

The Patriot, when........

Spoiler:
....Heath Ledgers character is stabbed. My mate shouted YES! and we both creased up laughing. The bit in the church was pretty funny as well
Old 06-10-02, 02:41 AM
Suspended Pending Vaild Email

sometimes i anticipate jokes in comedies and crack myself up .. pretty horrible once i catch myself and everyone else laughs hehe
Old 06-10-02, 04:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The scene in Pulp Fiction where Christopher Walken's military character is giving the gold watch to a young Butch and telling him what he and Butch's father went through to get it to him. It's really quite a moving scene in some ways and I've talked to people that don't find it funny at all but a friend and I went to see it and we were just *cackling* through the entire sequence. Chris Walken being the one delivering the monologue didn't help matters. That's still one of the best written bits I've ever seen in my life.
Old 06-10-02, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In Blow.
Spoiler:
When the pilot is being threatened with the lives of his family.
I couldn't help but laugh. Got some dirty looks.
Old 06-11-02, 07:49 AM
Cool New Member

In Heat when they leave the bank and start the fire fight with the Police, my friend and I stood and an cheered when they were wailing those Police and their cars with bullets from full automatic weapons . . . . . it was great

I think my girlfriend hid under the chair.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.