Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

George Clooney Calls 'Solaris' Role Tough

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-02, 07:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like Clooney is going to deal with the big deal over his butt in the movie after all!

Clooney Calls 'Solaris' Role Tough
Mon Nov 25, 4:06 PM ET

By The Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) - George Clooney (news) said his latest role in Steven Soderbergh (news)'s "Solaris" has been his toughest acting job to date.

But the 41-year-old star is afraid it's his derriere that will get all the attention.

"Fox leaked the story about the MPAA rating on 'Solaris,' how we got an R because I showed my (behind), but I think they're having trouble selling this film. They don't know what to do with it," he said in an interview from Los Angeles with Newsday. (The rating was later challenged, and changed to PG-13.)

Clooney anticipates that the most-often asked question during interviews promoting the film will be: "So you're naked. Did you work out?"

"I find it funny because we're trying to talk about things on a much grander scale, with a story that contains questions about the cosmos and it'll come down to a 30-second sound bite where I say, "Yeah, I worked out."

The film, which opens this week, is a remake of Russian director Andrei Tarkovsky's 1972 sci-fi epic. In Soderbergh's version, Clooney plays the role of a psychologist sent to investigate the mental state of the crew of a space station — and winds up having hallucinations of his dead wife who committed suicide.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...le_clooney&e=4
Old 11-25-02, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
The role is tough and he shows his ass. At least he didn't bitch out
Old 11-25-02, 09:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probably because he always plays the same character, now he'll have to act.