Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

An International box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get...

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

An International box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-13, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Took care of episodes six and seven so I'm all done with THE SHADOW LINE. I thought there was a measurable dip in these final two episodes. I don't know if it was me...maybe I wasn't quite wired right...but there was something off with episode six...kind of like they were forced to discard a few pages of the screenplay that served as connective tissue between episode five and episode six...I don't know it just felt like there was some sort of quick little push ahead since the end was near. I still wasn't feeling things until about a quarter of the way in to the final episode. Also, by that point, the plot got too extravagant for my tastes...the kind of thing where one of the characters actually gives a big long explanation of what is going on. But once those cards were on the table, I adjusted to the way things were, and the show played out in fine fashion over the final forty-five minutes. My final take on the show did come down somewhat because of the final two episodes...though it did close out well...again story-wise it was just a tad bit much for me. Still, it is certainly a show worth watching...there is plenty of excellence to appreciate.

Off-topic: considering the state of affairs here in the International Forum...well..."give up the ghost" seems a reasonable course of action.
Old 10-04-13, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts
Re: An International box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get...

Populaire (2012-France)--Watchable film with a good attention to detail in recreating the 1950's atmosphere. Both leads (Debroah Francois and Roman Duris) are likeable and have good chemistry with one another. One drawback is that the story is rather predictable and I'd really wish they would have explored the issue of the changing role of women more than they did. But on the whole, it's a light and enjoyable affair.