Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

TOP OF THE LAKE (2013 - U.K./Australia) - Sundance TV-miniseries 3/18, U.K. DVD 4/15

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

TOP OF THE LAKE (2013 - U.K./Australia) - Sundance TV-miniseries 3/18, U.K. DVD 4/15

Old 02-26-13, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TOP OF THE LAKE (2013 - U.K./Australia) - This is a six-hour, seven-part miniseries from writer/director Jane Campion. It will be airing on Sundance Channel here in the U.S. starting on March 18th. A U.K. DVD is releasing on April 15th. From the previews I've seen on Sundance - and seemingly confirmed by some early reviews - this miniseries seems rather promising. A safe bet that folks who were interested in something such as FORBRYDELSEN will likely be interested in checking out TOP OF THE LAKE.

Here is a link to the review from Variety:
http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117949033/

And a link to the Sundance Channel page where you can view a trailer:
http://www.sundancechannel.com/top-of-the-lake/
Old 08-14-13, 04:45 AM
Mod Emeritus

Re: TOP OF THE LAKE (2013 - U.K./Australia) - Sundance TV-miniseries 3/18, U.K. DVD 4

I am watching this each week - usually on "catch up" shortly after it airs on the BBC. Even down to the stark locations and the theme music, I think they have actively decided to capture a bit of the Nordo-Scandinavian crime-drama vibe.

Compelling so far so those that can't view in via regular television and enjoyed the likes of The Bridge, The Killing, Wallander etc may well like this one.
Old 08-14-13, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just to update, the U.K. DVD obviously got delayed shortly after posting this thread. But it is now releasing...the U.K. Blu/DVD is releasing in five days (the 19th of this month).

I've only sampled a tiny bit of the show via the Sundance airings...I liked what I saw so I'm certainly going to pick up the U.K. release sometime soon...maybe I'll pair it up with the BBC cop show LINE OF DUTY (Series One) which releases at the end of September.
Old 08-24-13, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Re: TOP OF THE LAKE (2013 - U.K./Australia) - Sundance TV-miniseries 3/18, U.K. DVD 4

Loved this series.
Old 08-26-13, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UK blu is 1080/50i so wont play on standard US blu ray players.

However, I believe the aussie release to be released this week is going to be 1080p. Will confirm once I know.