Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Panasonic DMP-BD60 is Capable of Playing Region B and C Disc.

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Panasonic DMP-BD60 is Capable of Playing Region B and C Disc.

Old 07-24-13, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Panasonic DMP-BD60 is Capable of Playing Region B and C Disc.

Sexy Beast (Region B) does not work using this method with my Panasonic player.

It works on the Seiki player, of course.

FYI if you want Sexy Beast on Blu Ray Region A, it is coming out Aug 13th in the USA on Twilight Time (Screen Archives).

Something else to look forward to from this label is Oliver! coming out Nov 12th.
Old 09-25-13, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 210 Likes on 183 Posts

Silent Hill Revelation 3D FRENCH Steelbook works on my BDT210. Sweet! Thank U "LOSINGMYMIND"!!!

FYI:
it has an audio commentary, at another forum people were saying that it was text commentary.
forced French subtitles can be eliminated by changing to English with Audio button on remote and not using the Audio Menu.
a lot of Features/ French subtitles on features

could not override "FROM DUSK TILL DAWN" French 3-disc Steelbook
Old 10-18-13, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

On my PANASONIC BDT210

Old 10-26-13, 11:47 AM

Can not seem to get it to work with the Lifeforce UK steelbook. anyone have any luck with this one?
Old 10-26-13, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Old 11-18-13, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

UK [Steelbook]version

Old 11-22-13, 09:09 PM
BJ

UK Suspiria works on my DMP-BD60

Old 05-08-14, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Franchot
Wow! Thanks!

I tried this with my Panasonic Blu ray 3D player (DMP-BDT210) and surprisingly your simple hack works on that player, too. Fantastic!
I'm gonna give the hack a try on my Panasonic DMP BD-55 Blu-ray Disc player.
Fingers crossed.
Old 06-12-15, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Bumping this old thread to note that this Arrow reigon locked BD played in my Pansonic BD 65:

I waited for the error screen to come up and just pressed "Top Menu" button after that. The extras worked too although I didn't watch all of them or the entire film.

I ordered "The Fury" (Arrow Video version) so I'll try that one out whenever it arrives and note whether or not it works.
Old 06-16-15, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Another Arrow Region B bluray worked on my Panasonic BD 65 player:

I put it in and got the "This can only be played with a Region B player" message. Pressed STOP and then TOP MENU and the disc and movie played without issue. I watched a few extras and they played fine as well.

FYI, I've seen this disc on sale several times a year when amazon.co.uk runs it 2 for 10 pounds sale. Even with shipping, it beats paying $30 for the Twilight Time which is pretty much bare bones outside of a trailer and an isolated score.
Old 06-29-15, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This works (as have all Arrow Region B Locked BD's I've tried) with STOP and then TOP MENU:

This one works with pressing STOP twice and then pressing TOP MENU twice:

Old 09-08-15, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 750 Likes on 488 Posts

I'm so happy that this trick works for so many of you. Unfortunately, I have never been able to get it to work for Rolling Thunder, the one Region B disc that I have. I just tried again. I hadn't given it a try in a couple of years and still have the same lack of success. However, I finally am dead set on going Blu-ray region free. I have ordered some Arrow discs and look forward to testing those. I hope it works. If not, I think I'm finally ready to purchase another player. I just wish there were more affordable 3D player options. Oh well. Fingers crossed.
Old 09-13-15, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 360 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by clckworang
I'm so happy that this trick works for so many of you. Unfortunately, I have never been able to get it to work for Rolling Thunder, the one Region B disc that I have. I just tried again. I hadn't given it a try in a couple of years and still have the same lack of success. However, I finally am dead set on going Blu-ray region free. I have ordered some Arrow discs and look forward to testing those. I hope it works. If not, I think I'm finally ready to purchase another player. I just wish there were more affordable 3D player options. Oh well. Fingers crossed.
What is your price range for a 3-D Region Free BD/DVD player?
Old 09-29-15, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got The Train and Rollerball (1975) as a part of the Arrow sale. Both play on my Panasonic BD-65 with a simple button hack:

After you insert the disc in you will be hit with a black screen that says: This disc will play in Region B players only.

Press STOP to return to the Panasonic main menu.

After you return to the panasonic menu, press STOP then TOP MENU and the main menu of the movie should load.

The extras (didn't try them all out) should be playable and viewable as well as the film.
Old 10-14-15, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 750 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by asianxcore
What is your price range for a 3-D Region Free BD/DVD player?
To be honest, I'd love to spend less than $100, but I realize that's pretty impossible. I guess the lower the better. I've looked at some of the websites that sell region free players, but I just never feel quite comfortable purchasing from one of those places, not knowing anyone who has.

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55
Got The Train and Rollerball (1975) as a part of the Arrow sale. Both play on my Panasonic BD-65 with a simple button hack:

After you insert the disc in you will be hit with a black screen that says: This disc will play in Region B players only.

Press STOP to return to the Panasonic main menu.

After you return to the panasonic menu, press STOP then TOP MENU and the main menu of the movie should load.

The extras (didn't try them all out) should be playable and viewable as well as the film.
I purchased some Arrow discs in their last sale, and I can confirm that the following discs were able to be played through the menu button trick (apologies if any have already been mentioned):

Theater of Blood
Deranged
Spider Baby

I tried my Region B disc of Rolling Thunder again and still had no luck, but the fact that I can play region-locked Arrow titles on my player is a pretty good consolation.
Old 10-08-16, 08:14 PM

1 Press [SETUP]. 2 Press up or down button to select “Others” and press [OK]. 3 Press up or down button to select “Remote Control Code” and press [OK]. 4 Press up or down button to select the code (1 for A, 2 for B, or 3 for C) and press [OK]. 5 To change the code on the remote control While pressing [OK], press and hold the numbered button ([1], [2] or [3]) for more than 5 seconds. 6 Press [OK]
Old 10-25-16, 12:04 PM

PAL --> NTSC
Originally Posted by Subgeniusguy
Doesn't really apply to any hi-def content
Not quite true. There is 1080i/50hz high def, which is in the HD/Blu-ray spec in most countries outside the USA, especially countries with 50hz electric (like the UK). US compatibility with 1080i/50 is not mandatory, so some US players cannot deal with 1080i/50 at all, some convert it to 1080i/60, some output it only at 50hz (meaning you have to depend on your TV being compatible) and some players (like the Oppo) give you the option to choose whether you want to output 50hz or convert it to 60hz.

but these machines don't play PAL with current firmware. I was unable to play my French "Very Long Engagement" BD. I suspect it must start with PAL content. This workaround works for discs that rely on hi def content.
According to another forum, the DMP-BD60 will play 1080i/50, but will only output it at 50hz, meaning if your TV isn't multi-system compatible, you won't be able to play those discs. There's a lot of Region-B UK television blu-rays that are 1080i/50 rather than 24p.

I think I remember hearing that *REC is a 1080i/50 disc (isn't that one that's on the "won't play" list below?).
Old 08-09-18, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Tried out on some Region B discs bought from Amazon.de. All these films either don't have a Region A release or are OOP.

King Kong (1976 version with Jeff Bridges) works with stop + top menu combo
Port of Shadows, works with the same button combo

Army of Shadows was the one that gave me a bit of trouble.

STOP + TOP MENU doesn't work on this one.
What finally worked was this:
I entered 19
Next screen was a gold colored and had Germany, France, and United Kingdom. I just chose France. This must have been the problematic screen/issue I suspect.
After a few short intros, I finally got kicked to the menu screen where I was able to play the movie. The long documentary extra was also playable as well.

I also bought The Mechanic (Bronson version) and will update this post after I get and test out the film.
Old 08-16-18, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 568 Likes on 425 Posts

I only recently realized this player had this capability thanks to another thread somewhere here. I've always had all-region players on hand as needed, but the BD60 and BD65 became my workhorses for R1 stuff once I discovered they could play movies at "2x" speed WITH sound, which shortens viewing times considerably for lesser movies, bonus features, etc. So this is just icing on the cake. Even better, I stockpiled a few of these for when the current unit finally wears out.

I did try Arrow's U.K. edition of KILL, BABY, KILL (which is region B) last night and the 'stop + top menu' combo did the trick, for those who might have it.
Old 03-06-20, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Bumping this thread since I got a bunch of Region B locked discs from Amazon.de for cheap

These discs all work with [STOP]. [STOP], TOP MENU, TOP MENU button hack

Midnight Run
Havana
Knight Moves
Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
Bitter Moon
Death and the Maiden

Old 04-04-20, 08:22 AM

Re: Panasonic DMP-BD60 is Capable of Playing Region B and C Disc

Looking for a Blue-ray player for regions A and B. I just need for USA and UK Blue-Rays. I love in the USA and my current Blue-Ray player works with both. I don’t even have to change regions for my Sony BDP-S3700. I think it’s from 2016. Does the new ones still work? The UK Robert the Bruce film from this fall works on this USA Blue-Ray player for the UK edition. I am confused. I need a player for another room will the same player work?
Old 04-04-20, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 644 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by nikki792
I don’t even have to change regions for my Sony BDP-S3700.
This is literally impossible. Due to the way the Blu-ray spec was designed, for a Blu-ray disc locked to a particular region, there's no way for the Blu-ray player to automatically select the right region.

Originally Posted by nikki792
The UK Robert the Bruce film from this fall works on this USA Blue-Ray player for the UK edition.
This is because that particular Blu-ray disc is coded for region A in addition to region B.
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Rober.../#RegionCoding

So that disc will work on any US Blu-ray player.

It's become more and more common for Blu-rays to be all-region, although there are still exceptions.

That said, you could get a modded version of that Blu-ray player that would let you change the Blu-ray region so you could play discs locked to a particular region.
https://www.220-electronics.com/specials.html
Old 04-15-20, 02:15 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 878 Likes on 743 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay G.
This is literally impossible. Due to the way the Blu-ray spec was designed, for a Blu-ray disc locked to a particular region, there's no way for the Blu-ray player to automatically select the right region.
as i said in another thread, my Sony something or other that plays all regions detects automatically as well. it has become self aware. it didn't in the beginning and i had to hit a button on remote, simply, to change region, but now i pop in any disc, from anywhere, it recognizes if another region and boots up in seconds without doing anything on my part...
Old 04-15-20, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 644 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
as i said in another thread, my Sony something or other that plays all regions detects automatically as well. it has become self aware. it didn't in the beginning and i had to hit a button on remote, simply, to change region, but now i pop in any disc, from anywhere, it recognizes if another region and boots up in seconds without doing anything on my part...
What model? How was it modded? Blu-rays, or DVDs? What specific discs?
Old 04-25-20, 10:57 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 878 Likes on 743 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay G.
What model? How was it modded? Blu-rays, or DVDs? What specific discs?

SONY BDP-S6700

all discs are read. i believe it was modded, but got it on Amazon so not certain, but i guess it would have to be, but at first i had to change manually to region. not anymore...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.