International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Epitafios

Old 11-21-11, 12:47 AM

Received 499 Likes on 360 Posts
Epitafios

Anyone know if there's an foreign Blu-ray release of the series? Or at least an anamorphic DVD for Season 1?

Love this show, but the US Season 1 DVD release sucked. Here's the old DVD Talk review:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/23613...-first-season/

Thanks for the help.
Old 11-21-11, 08:03 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: Epitafios

I looked for a foreign release a long time ago. I'm like you, I love this show. Caught it almost on accident on HBO a few years ago and was hooked on it. Only foreign release I know of was out of France, but it only had French and Spanish subs. I'd be nice if HBO sink a little money on it and released it on blu ray. It's a great show.
Old 11-21-11, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hbo is not even releasing these nor any of the other HBO latino shows. Maya or one of those small companies has distribution rights. Season 2 wasn't anamorphic either and the video was over compressed. Mandrake which was great looked better but is not anamorphic. the good thing were the subtitles were very good, the audio is 5.1 and the price is below $20.
Old 11-26-11, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by trespoochies
I looked for a foreign release a long time ago. I'm like you, I love this show. Caught it almost on accident on HBO a few years ago and was hooked on it. Only foreign release I know of was out of France, but it only had French and Spanish subs. I'd be nice if HBO sink a little money on it and released it on blu ray. It's a great show.
I bought S1 blindly on ebay a few years ago and enjoyed it. Is S2 as good or better than S1? I might consider blind buying S2 as well.